Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #71
wallyjr2
Webkinz :)

wallyjr101 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: KinzPost is Closed for Renovation

Alert Alert!
There is a new add I found on the today's activities showing a contest on webkinz newz for a rare medival princess dress you can get by going on the website and finding a rare diamond.
Also there is a new add with P.J wearing the new clothes you make in the clothing machine wearing a eye glass up to her face with a video link on the bottom
Good luck!
Bye/Adios/Good day
wallyjr101 is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #72
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
How many people do you know that could hack a server, though? If we are talking about actually duplicating {copying} an item, it can not be done with flash on a non-downloadable game {the non-downloaded part is the most important} -- you can't get certain commands to work, at all {right clicking is out of the question} and the coding is on the server not in your {or whoever's} computer so it can't be changed because it can't be gotten to, to begin with. They way they get new items in is to change the coding in the servers to program/setup/change the coding {add a lava, add a lava in another color, make it to where the lava is 'retired' so no longer available to get/pick from selection and so on}. Each item has some sort of code, much like {to really simplify} the codes on the cards {which are all messed up and have been for months now}. Since the reps are now saying that it is that one particular site {sellers and buyers} that they're targeting then that pretty much 'explains' why the post is down. To be able to track individual items they would have to issue each and every ww item a unique extra personal identifier of some sort {much like the extra numbers in a postal code, sort o***. I don't see that as viable in any way at all.
I happen to know several that can hack a server. It's some people's jobs to try to expose glitches/security holes in servers so that they can be fixed. Plus, due to this code that you are talking about (which codes likely do account for items), they may be able to inject this code into WW. Let's say (an example used on another site):
Quote:
It is all about coding. They can find an item that is stuck in your room with a push of a button, while a program scans your file and "releases" the item to the dock.

It is feasible that each item is coded similar to this:

Wintermint beds: they make lets say 25 of them...the code looks like this:

and so on up to 25.

The "0001234567" part of the number tells them it is a wintermint bed, the last two digits tell them which item in the series it is.

When an item is duplicated, there become two items with the same ending identifier....so they may not be able to tell the difference between the original and the duplicate, but they can search for all duplicated item numbers on there system and find them.

Just my theory, I have no inside (GANZ) knowledge, but my computer knowledge tells me all this would be very easy to do.
Again, that was posted on another site. I still believe there could very well be some way to inject codes and create items into Webkinz's servers, OR there could be a glitch that people take advantage of. For instance, one time I had a friend that placed some W-shop item (I think it was W-shop, can't remember what they said) into their room, and it stayed in their dock as well for some weird reason. They got to keep both of them, as well. I don't know the exact glitch/code, but I imagine there are some out there. Some bad person somewhere may have gotten ahold of this information and started the whole phenomena. I have friends and know people that go on WI (check General Discussion/Chat for a thread about it posted by a Gift Guru saying their account was closed) that have had accounts closed due to these bad people duplicating items and it ending up in their hands, causing them to get in trouble while innocent
crazysince95 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #73
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
Oh that's the part I forgot when I did the ideas thread, thank you for remind me! There really needs to be not only what and who you got from but what and who you sent to, yes!
You can already find out what and who you got things from by looking at mail already read. What and who you sent to is not available but it should be.
marnabear is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #74
Brecgirl

Brecgirl is on a distinguished road

Hopefully the renovations should be done by tonight because I have to send out prizes and treats. =D
Brecgirl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #75
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
You can already find out what and who you got things from by looking at mail already read. What and who you sent to is not available but it should be.
I guess I wasn't clear enough on that; I said NOT ONLY see what and who sent in but out as well; would be really nice to happen wouldn't it?
KeyLargo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #76
Gift Guru

Shooting Star is a WI addict!
Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!

Ugh, this is Great for the GE. ): I hope they fix it VERY soon, before the weekend ends.
Shooting Star is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #77
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

what do you mean by try to bypass kinzpost.... you mean trading?
Me2Me2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #78
Im Done 'Wif

Princess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud ofPrincess_Starr. has much to be proud of

I'm kind of glad that the KinzPost is closed, fixing it will help take away all the glitches and stuff!
Princess_Starr. is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #79
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by crazysince95
I happen to know several that can hack a server. It's some people's jobs to try to expose glitches/security holes in servers so that they can be fixed. Plus, due to this code that you are talking about (which codes likely do account for items), they may be able to inject this code into WW. Let's say (an example used on another site):

Again, that was posted on another site. I still believe there could very well be some way to inject codes and create items into Webkinz's servers, OR there could be a glitch that people take advantage of. For instance, one time I had a friend that placed some W-shop item (I think it was W-shop, can't remember what they said) into their room, and it stayed in their dock as well for some weird reason. They got to keep both of them, as well. I don't know the exact glitch/code, but I imagine there are some out there. Some bad person somewhere may have gotten ahold of this information and started the whole phenomena. I have friends and know people that go on WI (check General Discussion/Chat for a thread about it posted by a Gift Guru saying their account was closed) that have had accounts closed due to these bad people duplicating items and it ending up in their hands, causing them to get in trouble while innocent
I was trying to get a response to post when the earlier problems came up. As I was saying I understand there are all sorts of programmers and deprogrammers and other names for different 'jobs' -- and all sorts of stuff that do all sorts of things for all reasons but in this case what would be the reason{s} -- can't be money because not that much even adding up to do something like that, and with the inherent problems {protection in a way} that it is not downloadable there's no way to change things on this side of the computer so someone would have to get in to the servers which surely must be quite protected because not only is ww on those servers but also the newz and junior and the estore which is financially based {so think extra safeguards I would think as well as it being much more worth their time if they go in to a server at all}.

I've seen and heard of the mail glitch {both ways, gaining an item and losing an item but the rest there, the latter which happened to me and I'm still ticked over it, was a paw level screen I was sending to keeper account} but they're very rare for the main reason that they're not reproducible on command type thing. There are also the times when someone gets a duplicate but doesn't get to keep the second item; if they sell one when they log back in the other item is gone as well and things like that.

Overall I am quite sure that ww as usual isn't telling their reps everything much less us; I do believe it has more to do with people selling items on that one site mainly and much less with any possible way to duplicate {because of the complexity of it and the problems with even doing it}. I'll see if I can backtrack on your posts and find that thread you were talking about to see what others are saying about that particular angle {accounts being taken away}.
KeyLargo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #80
(:
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Thriller
It's KinzPost, not the Clubhouse
They mean on WI.
Dot Jr. is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
mailman's out w/ h1n1, pleasereopenkinzpost!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: