Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #31
Webkinz :)
twinklestar will become famous soon enough

Default Re: June 5th & 6th Communal Challenge Prize Mix Up

"It's just imaginary money, Ganz! What does it hurt to just fix the glitch and award it? Even if some people get it twice? I know, I'm always telling my kids "life isn't fair sometimes" - but Ganz seems to take it on themselves to teach kids this lesson over and over.[/QUOTE]"

Seriously.
twinklestar is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #32

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

I still can't believe Ganz did this & has not fixed it for everyone yet. People spent probably hours of their precious weekend working hard at this instead of being out with their friends playing at the pool or whatever all for a little virtual Kinzcash, and now Ganz won't even give them what they rightfully earned! Seriously??? It costs them NOTHING! Way to encourage people to participate in future challenges! How horrible Ganz. Stealing from children?!?!?! Sad!!

SchmoopiePie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #33

blackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonder

atleast we still had our mony..if we got it on time
blackylove123 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #34
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

That's odd. I hope they do fix this.

Thanks for the information.
MarielofRedwall is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #35
PenPal Bunnies

penGwen has a spectacular aura about

Red face Re: June 5th & 6th Communal Challenge Prize Mix Up

how sad, i was really looking forward to 1400 kinzcash! i mean i worked hard, but did you guys?

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
I still can't believe Ganz did this & has not fixed it for everyone yet. People spent probably hours of their precious weekend working hard at this instead of being out with their friends playing at the pool or whatever all for a little virtual Kinzcash, and now Ganz won't even give them what they rightfully earned! Seriously??? It costs them NOTHING! Way to encourage people to participate in future challenges! How horrible Ganz. Stealing from children?!?!?! Sad!!

ditto! i thinkk that is kinda sad also we should still work hard in the next challenge though! because even if we don't get cool prizes we should still work together towards a goal! we should keep up the OK-ish work and work harder! was this our fault or GanZ's fault? was it because we didn't work hard enough or a glitch? if it was we didn't work hard enough then this message counts and if it was a glitch, or ganz was too lazy to do it, SHAME ON YOU GANZ!!!!!!!

Last edited by penGwen; 06-12-2010 at 09:50 AM..
penGwen is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #36
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by penGwen
how sad, i was really looking forward to 1400 kinzcash! i mean i worked hard, but did you guys?.... if it was we didn't work hard enough then this message counts and if it was a glitch, or ganz was too lazy to do it, SHAME ON YOU GANZ!!!!!!!
We worked hard enough! The goal was achieved before Sunday evening!! People were able to collect the 1400 KC prize on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday BEFORE the maintenance. After the maintenance--it said the goal wasn't achieved and no one else was able to collect the prize!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #37
Unregistered

I made screen prints of all stages of that communal contest - when the prize and challenge was announced, when we reached the 875,000,000 point goal, when I went to claim my prize (and was able to do so), and also the one I saw already, saying that we didn't reach the 1,400,000,000 point goal. I don't know how to attach any of them here.

Even though I was able to claim my prize, I didn't claim for my children - I wanted to let them do it when they got back from their father's house. When they did, though, it was too late because of the mixup. I called Ganz about it on Wednesday, and was told they were working on it. The lady said they had until Sunday to take care of it. The problem is, their office is closed on weekends. If they don't fix it by tomorrow, we can't call until Monday. I don't know if they can do anything about it then.

View Post Originally Posted by Unregistered
I made screen prints of all stages of that communal contest - when the prize and challenge was announced, when we reached the 875,000,000 point goal, when I went to claim my prize (and was able to do so), and also the one I saw already, saying that we didn't reach the 1,400,000,000 point goal. I don't know how to attach any of them here.

Even though I was able to claim my prize, I didn't claim for my children - I wanted to let them do it when they got back from their father's house. When they did, though, it was too late because of the mixup. I called Ganz about it on Wednesday, and was told they were working on it. The lady said they had until Sunday to take care of it. The problem is, their office is closed on weekends. If they don't fix it by tomorrow, we can't call until Monday. I don't know if they can do anything about it then.
Hi unregistered. If you wanted to post the screenshot here, usually they suggest you go to a picture-hosting site, like tinypic (which I've never tried) or photobucket.com or something where you can open a free account. They will assign a code which you can put in your post and then the image will be available here.

I believe there might be a section about posting images in the information areas about the site. Will go look.

To only send the images to Ganz you could email those images to <webkinzsupport@ganz.com>

For the images to be available to all here, I would suggest going to the picture-hosting site. Then the image will be in this thread, and available to others. In case the issue isn't resolved, people could copy the screenshot to their computer (showing the correct number and success message) and each send an email to Ganz, so they could each hopefully be credited.

Hopefully they will fix this whole issue so that isn't necessary, but it is definitely a thought.

Last edited by Unregistered; 06-12-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #38
phoenixRecords!

phoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicness
phoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by twinklestar
"It's just imaginary money, Ganz! What does it hurt to just fix the glitch and award it? Even if some people get it twice? I know, I'm always telling my kids "life isn't fair sometimes" - but Ganz seems to take it on themselves to teach kids this lesson over and over."

Seriously.
Hi all!

I agree that when Ganz reinforces the "Life isn't fair, sometimes," outlook over and over again because they want to teach kids (and adults? -- their customers?) this particular lesson over and over... it is frustrating and very sad.

And I agree... It is virtual,... so what does it hurt to fix the glitch and award it. If some people get it twice because of a glitch caused at maintenance, it would be a lot easier to just do that, than try to figure who did and didn't receive it, and probably quicker. And who couldn't use and wouldn't appreciate some extra kinzcash?

I think the communal challenge is a good idea, because if we all (WW community) work together to achieve it, we all get something out of it -- either (yes it is virtual) an item or Kinzcash. I have thought from the start that, since people have other lives in addition to WW, the contest challenge shouldn't require everyone to be sitting at their computer all weekend -- i.e. if the goal is too unattainable -- It should be fun, but not impossible, and inspire people to take some time and participate. My thought is that otherwise, eventually, people might not want to participate at all, or be discouraged from using the site.

I know younger people, whether anyone actually wants to believe it, are discouraged when it says, please wait, (they don't want to sit there and wait so it can tell them "sorry, we can't connect to the server" or don't get something nice from the various venues in WW - (sap glop, nothing from the Prize Klaw, etc.). What does this continual negative reinforcement do to help anything? They want people to buy their products, but not use the site out of frustration, so it's a use it as it is clause?

Or when a child who rarely gets a chance to do the Prize Klaw, for example, goes to use it for the 2nd time, and it picks nothing up, and then if Ganz says, "well it's not supposed to pick something up every time... like in real life..." how does that make any child feel? And it's not like it's available every day to everyone either. Maybe they should give more than one try?

They have tried to improve things at Ganz - I've seen various things that have improved, and that is a good thing. And it's always a nice thing to be awarded for one's efforts.

Here is a thread that explains how to load pictures. FYI

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...photos-183709/

View Post Originally Posted by phoenixsprite
Hi all!

ALSO

Here is a thread that explains how to upload pictures. FYI

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...photos-183709/

Last edited by phoenixsprite; 06-12-2010 at 06:52 PM..
phoenixsprite is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #39
jeepboy01

Jeepboy01 has a spectacular aura about

Donation Award 

I got mine pretty quick, but my kids were not so fortunate! they were really upset. they think that that the goals are way to high!

jeepboy01
Jeepboy01 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #40
hoah, DC has my

onc1 is on a distinguished road

very weird. today is sunday, and i haven't gotten my prize yet!
onc1 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: