Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
SophieRecords!
Webkinz :)

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

Default Re: Important Webkinz Tour Notice: Some Dates Changed Without Warning

A typical mistake from Ganz. They should be more careful!
SophieKinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #12
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Important Webkinz Tour Notice: Some Dates Changed Without Notice

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I just called and spoke with the managers at both stores. The manager at Dedham said all she had was an e-mail saying the event is scheduled for August 11th, and that's when she expects the van to show up. She is trying to get a hold of someone at Webkinz to verify what was going on, but she doesn't think she'll get an answer before Monday.

The manager at the Joilet store was very nice. He offered to check through his full list of dates to see if he could find one close to me. He confirmed that the event at that store is happening on August 10th. He doesn't know why the Webkinz site says that the event is scheduled for today.

Thanks for the info FIA! I didn't actually speak to a manger, I was a little taken aback by the whole thing, and trying to keep DD upbeat (she'd been chattering about this thing non stop since Tuesday when we found out about it)...

When DD and I went into the store the lady looked at me funny when I asked where the van would be set up and she said, "Tuesday." She wasn't very forthcoming with information and not very friendly-although she was probably taken aback by my mega-sized camera and webkinz barrettes (made especially for the occasion)...

When I called after we got home (and double checking the site-because although I'm scatterbrained-I'm usually pretty good at writing stuff on my calender correctly) I called the store and the man I spoke with (not a manager) seemed very annoyed and was fully aware the site was wrong...
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #13
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

When the word "Webkinz" came out of my mouth, the person who answered the phone said "just a moment" and passed me off to the manager, on both phone calls.

I made certain to explain exactly what was going on, so hopefully the staff at those stores can be better prepared for the questions they are going to get.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
Unregistered

Peabody MA by Boston MA
we drove there today and the store people had no idea it was today
so we waited for about 2 hours and left.

We know the store well 'only one like it in the are'
and knew from the beginning that the mall
stated by webkinz was wrong as they meant to
say the other mall as the one they mention

doesn't have a toy store like it.

We were not the only ones there.

The name of the mall being wrong is not a big deal
if you are from the area since the store
is not really part of the mall but more like where
the old small mall used to be. Again only toysrus like it
around, but we also went to the babiesrus
In the next city which is located at the city line with Peabody MA
just to double check since people do get those
mixed up plus we had to driveby to get home anyways.

Nothing there but we were told that others
had been by as well as calls had come in
asking if it was there.

No it is/was not there.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #15
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
When the word "Webkinz" came out of my mouth, the person who answered the phone said "just a moment" and passed me off to the manager, on both phone calls.

I made certain to explain exactly what was going on, so hopefully the staff at those stores can be better prepared for the questions they are going to get.
Very wise of you my friend!

Were you sure to mention that there will be loads of grumbly people who missed out on a few hours of goo goo berry catching and goo goo berry float blending to find a tour bus that wasn't there? Or is that like a language that Toys R Us employees perhaps won't quite comprehend? tee hee!
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #16
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Unregistered
Peabody MA by Boston MA
we drove there today and the store people had no idea it was today
so we waited for about 2 hours and left.
The event in Peabody, MA, has always been scheduled for Thursday, August 12th.

It looks like you were just a few days early.

It's a shame the staff at the store didn't tell you that.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #17
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
Very wise of you my friend!

Were you sure to mention that there will be loads of grumbly people who missed out on a few hours of goo goo berry catching and goo goo berry float blending to find a tour bus that wasn't there? Or is that like a language that Toys R Us employees perhaps won't quite comprehend? tee hee!
LOL, we didn't get that detailed in the phone call. The manager at the Joilet store couldn't figure out why they had an event scheduled on a Tuesday. He said Saturday would have made much more sense. He didn't know how many people were going to show up. Maybe I should have told him to keep an eye out for you.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #18

Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest
Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest

Default Re: Important Webkinz Tour Notice: Some Event Dates Changed

If you had seen this thread yesterday: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...estion-645323/

You would have found out I called the store and confirmed the event is going to be held Tuesday. Sorry you made that drive

Also, the employee I talked to yesterday was very helpful and nice.
Denimbutterfly is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #19
scubaflying

PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero
PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero

Aw, so sorry that happend to you DBird! I'm glad DD had a good attitude about it though.
Thank you for letting everyone else know.
PeaceOut is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #20
boatchick

boatchick has disabled reputation

Wow, FOUR events in the Houston area, but still just the originally-posted one in the Dallas-Fort Worth area? I wonder what the turnout will be with that many events in the same area, one after another.
boatchick is offline Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: