Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #21
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

Default Re: Important Notice Regarding Youtube Contest Videos

Thank you very much for reminding all of us.
Baby_G is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #22
ebheads love
Webkinz :)

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

I have been against this contest from the beginning. I am not happy that Ganz is encouraging our kids to go to sites that have no sensor. YouTube is a HORRIBLE site for kids and sadly not all parents know what there kids are looking at on the internet. Within a couple of clicks on YouTube you can be at an xrated location. Not only that the comments alone on good videos are xrated sometimes. I don't want to have to explain to my young neighbor what it is that she is viewing or reading. I wish Ganz would have thought about this before tossing out such a great prize on YouTube.

I pray that the kids that are making the videos are having parental help and not puting their faces nor personal information on the videos.

My other issue is that there are some GREAT videos that took a great deal of time. It is sad that people will not be able to see them. I personally was torn because I didn't want to contribute by watching the videos, yet I wanted to see the creativity I know members on WI have.

I am an adult with no children of my own and I will not be participating in the contest as my personal protest.

For those kids making videos: Do it with your parents and make sure that you are safe at all times. Good luck to everyone that entered.
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #23
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

I actually find I'm kind of annoyed with Ganz at the moment...They are basing this contest on view count-but they are promoting certain videos on their FRONT PAGE! Is that fair at all? I wouldn't mind so much if they were basing it on "content" and not views, but every video they have promoted has a substantially higher view count and my poor kids are getting very discouraged...

Like I said earlier, I was against this thing-then kind of thought it was a great time for a bonding experience (if the parent was involved as they should be) but now I'm just annoyed...At least we had fun making it-and we'll have a great dvd to remember the "good old daykinz" haha!
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #24
AutismAwareness<3
Gift Guru

ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!

so you can't put links either, like in your siggy?
ManateeWebkinz1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #25
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by ManateeWebkinz1
so you can't put links either, like in your siggy?
You cannot post links anywhere on this website, including your siggie...
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #26
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
I actually find I'm kind of annoyed with Ganz at the moment...They are basing this contest on view count-but they are promoting certain videos on their FRONT PAGE! Is that fair at all? I wouldn't mind so much if they were basing it on "content" and not views, but every video they have promoted has a substantially higher view count and my poor kids are getting very discouraged...

Like I said earlier, I was against this thing-then kind of thought it was a great time for a bonding experience (if the parent was involved as they should be) but now I'm just annoyed...At least we had fun making it-and we'll have a great dvd to remember the "good old daykinz" haha!
I TOTALLY agree with you. I noticed that the same ones that were added at the same time do not have as many votes. It isn't because people are not watching them, it is because Ganz is promoting specific ones.

I am not surprised they wouldn't be fair, it is Ganz afterall.
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #27

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

It was a lot of fun making the video, and I would like to think I and the other WI members have a good chance of winning. But I also am concerned about the way Ganz seems to be promoting certain videos. Oh well!

In the meantime -- I created animations -- not linked to youtube at all -- for the viewing pleasure of those who want to see tiny silent versions of the videos a few of us have created. Not the full effect, but if you prefer not to go to youtube you can at least get an idea of what we put together.

You can see them on this thread:
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #28

nascarsmile98 will become famous soon enough

Can you post the link to your entry in your siggie?
nascarsmile98 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #29

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by nascarsmile98
Can you post the link to your entry in your siggie?
No, I am sorry - no links to YouTube can be sent even by PM. If you go to the thread (link from my siggie) you can see short animations of what our entries look like and also pictures which will help you identify them on youtube.

Thanks so much for your interest!
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #30

donnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clowndonnyosmond is cool as a bunny clown

thanks for the info
donnyosmond is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: