Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015, 12:19 AM   #21
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Important Notice: Front Page Stories and News Updates

View Post Originally Posted by WetNose
Could our personal information from when we registered here be accessed through this v-Bulletin vulnerability? And if so, should we try to delete our own info?
View Post Originally Posted by vanberk
I have this question also - this concerns me. I've donated to the WI site. !!!! ????????????????????
As have I, so there's plenty of personal info for us to be worried. I wish this would be addressed.
WetNose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2015, 01:21 AM   #22
Gift Guru

CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!
CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!

Okay.... my assumption is that because vBulletin may be rather outdated... many people are having issues with the software simply because of incompatabilty with their current operating system and/or programs they have and use. This had nothing whatsoever to do with "hackers" or whatever so lets please not spread a panic.

Let's take it in perspective... all over this forum people are asking for help and or advice because they are having problems loading certain aspects of WKW ....WShp...the arcade... or the arenas or whatever and the same advice is given to everyone. As we all know... not every "fix" works for everyone and so you just try everything and hopefully one of the fixes work.

Some people can only use IE.. some can't use IE at all
Some can only use Chrome... some Chrome doesn't work for
Some have to use Firefox
Some have to use AdBlock.. some not
Some have to constantly clear out cache.

The problems staff are having with vBulletin are more than likely similar to the above issues... everyone runs slightly different systems and not everything works 100% all the time with their system and adjustments must be made in order to make things work.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:25 AM   #23
scotlandd
Webkinz :)

scotlandd is epic beyond epicnessscotlandd is epic beyond epicnessscotlandd is epic beyond epicness
scotlandd is epic beyond epicnessscotlandd is epic beyond epicnessscotlandd is epic beyond epicness

I was wondering why it was updated as much! Thanks for letting us know.
scotlandd is offline Male
Old 02-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #24
Gift Guru

penguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledge

Could someone please assist me in finding the "WIki project"? I've searched and cannot find it...thanks in advance!
Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #25
Love for Serena xo
Gift Guru

leeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicness
leeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicnessleeann15 is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

I have this question also - this concerns me. I've donated to the WI site. !!!! ????????????????????
As have I, so there's plenty of personal info for us to be worried. I wish this would be addressed.

As have I. I am with you both on this issue.
leeann15 is offline Female
Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #26
Gift Guru

CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!
CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!

View Post Originally Posted by penguinchi
Could someone please assist me in finding the "WIki project"? I've searched and cannot find it...thanks in advance!

Are you trying to access the Wiki itself? Or a special project within the Wiki?

Nothing shows up if you click on the Wiki Icon above the Main Banner?
Old 02-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #27
Grateful
Gift Guru

vanberk knows their stuffvanberk knows their stuffvanberk knows their stuffvanberk knows their stuff
vanberk knows their stuffvanberk knows their stuffvanberk knows their stuffvanberk knows their stuffvanberk knows their stuffvanberk knows their stuff

Could our personal information from when we registered here be accessed through this v-Bulletin vulnerability? And if so, should we try to delete our own info?
View Post Originally Posted by CYNalot
Okay.... my assumption is that because vBulletin may be rather outdated... many people are having issues with the software simply because of incompatabilty with their current operating system and/or programs they have and use. This had nothing whatsoever to do with "hackers" or whatever so lets please not spread a panic.

Let's take it in perspective... all over this forum people are asking for help and or advice because they are having problems loading certain aspects of WKW ....WShp...the arcade... or the arenas or whatever and the same advice is given to everyone. As we all know... not every "fix" works for everyone and so you just try everything and hopefully one of the fixes work.

Some people can only use IE.. some can't use IE at all
Some can only use Chrome... some Chrome doesn't work for
Some have to use Firefox
Some have to use AdBlock.. some not
Some have to constantly clear out cache.

The problems staff are having with vBulletin are more than likely similar to the above issues... everyone runs slightly different systems and not everything works 100% all the time with their system and adjustments must be made in order to make things work.
Just because there are clearly incompatibiity issues doesn't mean there may not also be vulnerabilities - especially if incompatibility is preventing a really timely and sturdy interface. This is a legit question about user info vulnerability. It's not hysteria.

vanberk is offline Female
Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #28
Gift Guru

Just because there are clearly incompatibiity issues doesn't mean there may not also be vulnerabilities - especially if incompatibility is preventing a really timely and sturdy interface. This is a legit question about user info vulnerability. It's not hysteria.
This thread was created by MissGnomie to explain why there is a delay on posting on the front page. The delay in posting on the front page has to do with software incompatibility.

Staff members having issues using the Front Page Editor does not mean the website is vulnerable to an attack.

Legitimate concerns or questions about the security of your personal information just simply does not relate to this topic so should be posted elsewhere so it can be addressed as the separate issue it is.

I just recently came back to WKW after a few years of inactivity due to real life priorities but prior to that I was a Staff member here at WI and I can assure you that Justin and Wendy took security extremely seriously and would have taken all precautions to ensure the safety of your personal information.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #29
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

No need for anger, and no one is panicking. People are just asking questions, and want to be reassured. MissGnomie's message suggests that the staff is having problems with the vBulletin program, and none of us have seen Justin for a long time, so it's natural to assume that he's not updating things. It's not unheard of for people to wonder if things are secure here. It's just a question, not an accusation. People are just hoping for an answer to assure us.
Desty is offline Female
Old 02-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #30
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
No need for anger, and no one is panicking. People are just asking questions, and want to be reassured. MissGnomie's message suggests that the staff is having problems with the vBulletin program, and none of us have seen Justin for a long time, so it's natural to assume that he's not updating things. It's not unheard of for people to wonder if things are secure here. It's just a question, not an accusation. People are just hoping for an answer to assure us.
I don't think anyone is angry?? I am simply suggesting that concerns about website security should be addressed elsewhere.. and not be confused (or confuse other members) with Staff having problems with the Front Page Editor software and slow front page updates.

If people have concerns about the security of their personal info... and it is a legitimate concern for anyone who has sensitive info stored outside of their control then perhaps a Private Message to an Admin would be a good idea.

There is nothing about slow updates that in any way suggests or even relates to my (and I have also Donated and Subscribed) personal information being in any way vulnerable because of the Front Page Editor issues.
Closed

Tags
double d scotland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: