Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #1

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Default Important Notice: Front Page Stories and News Updates

A new front page story has been added:

Important Notice: Front Page Stories and News Updates

Click the image to open in full size.Many of our members have noticed a delay in the updating of front page news articles. The staff have previously addressed this in a noticed posted to the forum here, however due to the ongoing delays in updating the front page it is important to address this officially as well.

Our intentions have never been to let updates to Webkinz World, new pet adoptions, or important information slip by our team of volunteers. However, recent issues with the editing software for our Front Page has created a barrier to those updates. Many volunteers have been unable to access the front page editor for over a year, and for others it can be difficult to work with at the best of times. We have yet to find a solution, or resolution, to these software issues and have been unsuccessful in locating the reason why it is affecting specific volunteers and not others.

Because of these technical problems, the volunteers able to access the front page editor and publish stories successfully is limited. This limitation also means that the stories will not be published right away, as our volunteers have commitments to other activities on WI and outside of WI.

This is disappointing for many, and we wanted to extend our apologies and provide a further update to the situation. It is not our intention for these stories to sit idle for so long, but the technical issues are a huge barrier for these updates to happen in a timely matter. The staff who are able to update will do so as soon as possible.

In the mean time, we strongly encourage our members to ultilize the information available in our WIki project and Forums. The WIki project is updated by dedicated volunteers, and features some of the latest and most valuable information about Webkinz World.
MissGnomie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #2
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

stephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the wait
stephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the wait

Default Re: Important Notice: Front Page Stories and News Updates

Thanks so much for the update. I appreciate your coming on to share with us the problems you are having. We wish you the best.
stephsmom98 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Thank you MissGnomie! It's unfortunate that Justin would leave the staff with such a difficult situation.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #4

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Thank you MissGnomie! It's unfortunate that Justin would leave the staff with such a difficult situation.
To be fair, this has been ongoing for awhile. Justin has tried to resolve it, but we haven't been able to figure out *what* it is that is causing the problem.
MissGnomie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #5
Oddmeister
Gift Guru

Oddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the wait
Oddmeister is worth the wait

Thanks so much for the update. I appreciate the work that you give to WI as a volunteer. I have only rarely contributed to the Wiki, but I still reference it and existing WI posts frequently.
Oddmeister is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #6
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

Thank you very much for letting us know! All the efforts are appreciated!
Queen of Sheba is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #7
figureskaters14702

just417 dares to be greatjust417 dares to be greatjust417 dares to be great
just417 dares to be greatjust417 dares to be greatjust417 dares to be greatjust417 dares to be great

Thanks for the update I know you are trying your best!
just417 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #8
Gifted

powerpokmon is an abundance of joypowerpokmon is an abundance of joypowerpokmon is an abundance of joy
powerpokmon is an abundance of joypowerpokmon is an abundance of joypowerpokmon is an abundance of joypowerpokmon is an abundance of joypowerpokmon is an abundance of joypowerpokmon is an abundance of joypowerpokmon is an abundance of joy

Well luckily due to WKN and members posting news here constantly, we're still getting the latest news despite this technical issue. But, Miss Gnomie, why wasn't this announcement made months ago if this was happening for the past year? And many sites have technical issues, but they are solved within a matter of days. So I also don't understand why this technical issue hasn't been fixed yet. Is it because Webkinz Insider lacks the resources? I don't know how fixing technical issues work. I'm no expert. It's not that I don't appreciate the efforts that have been made by the staff. It's just that the inner journalist in me is inching for some answers for some fair questions.
powerpokmon is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
Gifted

Nakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clown

So that's what was wrong! I had been wondering for a long time. I hope it will be solved soon, I always loved this site and it's forum and it'd be a shame to see it go. Worse case scenario, could moving the entire site be an option?
Nakisha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #10
bbuttons
Gifted

Mommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshine
Mommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by powerpokmon
Well luckily due to WKN and members posting news here constantly, we're still getting the latest news despite this technical issue. But, Miss Gnomie, why wasn't this announcement made months ago if this was happening for the past year? And many sites have technical issues, but they are solved within a matter of days. So I also don't understand why this technical issue hasn't been fixed yet. Is it because Webkinz Insider lacks the resources? I don't know how fixing technical issues work. I'm no expert. It's not that I don't appreciate the efforts that have been made by the staff. It's just that the inner journalist in me is inching for some answers for some fair questions.

I just googled and it looks like WI isn't the only site that is having a problem with the software used to run the forums, vBulletin.

MissGnomie - thanks for letting us know. Maybe there are some WI readers who know a thing or two about software and forums that can help you out.
Mommy Bear is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
double d scotland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: