Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #41
Webkinz :)

MetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud of

Default Re: Ice Cream Tree "Replica" Coming to eStore June 13th

View Post Originally Posted by Katie8758
Of all the retired items they decided to duplicate in the estore, WHY THAT?? They could have duplicated the red lava, blue dragster, '05 Christmas bear, '05 Witch hat...... But those ice cream trees are already everywhere and I can't even find anyone who wants the ones I have!! Oh well - I guess they'll realize that when not as many people buy it.

I was thinking that EXACT same thing. You can get these in the trading rooms all the time. I know that the replicas of really old stuff isn't liked by those that have them (although it shouldn't really bring down the value of the real ones in my opinion since the replicas can't be kinz posted) BUT how about a not-so-recently-retired item?? I would have to say the same ones that you mentioned Katie!
MetalMama is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #42
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

this is not an item i want. i like it and all, just no interest in the replica.

but, great for those who DO want it!!!!!
miss spots is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #43
abond429
Gift Guru

abond429 is a glorious beacon of lightabond429 is a glorious beacon of lightabond429 is a glorious beacon of light

This is the only replica I won't be buying....I have so many ice cream trees already!! Bring on the older stuff like the blue dragster!!!!
abond429 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #44
Paradisegurl is on a distinguished road

So the Ice Creem Tree "Replica" is the same thing as the real thing except is has Replica in the name?
Paradisegurl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #45
Webbiekinz1
Gift Guru
Webbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to behold

I don't understand why they are making a replica of this one already - I have so many already - I can't even get rid of them in the trading rooms - blah
Webbiekinz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #46
webkinz_forever

Hmm, I'm sort of disappointed. Seriously, an ice-cream tree? Most people who like webkinz will have joined early enough to get that. Well, I guess Ganz will notice when hardly anyone buys them.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #47
olverine's ARE
Gifted

queenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by dustysky
Uhg, I am starting to re-thing the whole "collector" idea of WW.
It really is the one thrill I get, yes I like the games but getting that item that is so difficult to get just gives me that rush.

I have no idea where you guys are trading because I never see this tree in the trading room, I love it and would "scoop" it up in a minute.

With that being said it is VERY clear that WW is trying to make thing have no $ value by introducing these retired items.
It is a bit crazy to see the REAL cash some of this stuff sells for on other sites.

I seem to be talking in circles here.
i just wish they understood that collecting is a HUGE big deal to some of us and this just destroys that.
yeah I was wondering if this was upsetting people at all. people work hard for the things they have in wi... whether buying them or trading for them.. this just reduces the value of things. i wish they would cut it out. they seem to have gotten really greedy.
queenfrostine12 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:51 AM   #48
carolinahomes

jessica17 has a spectacular aura aboutjessica17 has a spectacular aura about

So... I'm thinking that this means that we should focus more on collecting retired psi's, because it's much less likely that Ganz will make replicas of those!
jessica17 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #49

ollyson13 is on a distinguished road

I agree with what most people are saying, but I'm looking at this another way,too. those people who want to buy it probably want more than 1,right? Some might not even have heard of this item! Not eveyone has enough estore points to afford multiple icecream trees (or whatever the replica item is) When you want an item you don't have yet, or want more of, you probably go to the trading room. Wouldn't they trade anything for more icecream trees? (a lot of people have the originals, I see)
ollyson13 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #50
hoa, I'm
Gifted

leahsmom is just really niceleahsmom is just really nice

I want Replica Lavas!!! I think Ganz knows those are popular and won't be selling those anytime soon. ;-)
leahsmom is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: