Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   How to See Entire Webkinz World Screen Using a Netbook (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/how-see-entire-webkinz-world-screen-672919/)

FIA12-30-2010 11:16 AM

How to See Entire Webkinz World Screen Using a Netbook

A new front page story has been added:

How to See Entire Webkinz World Screen Using a Netbook

Originally Submitted by FIA on Thu, 12/30/2010 - 11:12am.
Over the past week we have seen a sharp increase in the number of posts in our forum asking for help logging on to Webkinz World with a Netbook. As those of you who have used a Netbook know, these cute computers have smaller-than-average screens and portions of the Webkinz World window get "cut off", making it difficult to play. Thankfully, there is a simple solution that doesn't require messing with any of the Netbook's display settings.

The next time you log on to Webkinz World, instead of going to www.webkinz.com and clicking on the "Log On" button, go directly to
http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?...ser&aol=0&fs=0 . This will open up Webkinz World in a larger window that has a scroll bar on one side. This gives you access to your Dock, your KinzPhone, and will allow you to play with your Webkinz just like you were using a "big" computer.

UPDATE: This trick will NOT work if you are using Internet Explorer on your system. This method has been confirmed to work on FireFox, Google Chrome, and Safari.

zacspet12-30-2010 11:43 AM

Re: How to See Entire Webkinz World Screen Using a Netbook

wow thanks for the info!

Minette1112-30-2010 11:46 AM

WOW!

But there's only a thing, it's only work on Google Chrome (only at my knowledge) because, in Internet Explorer, there's no scrolling bar on the side. Just for letting you the little thing.

FIA12-30-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minette11 (Post 21758369)
WOW!

But there's only a thing, it's only work on Google Chrome (only at my knowledge) because, in Internet Explorer, there's no scrolling bar on the side. Just for letting you the little thing.

I just checked, and you're correct, it won't work with Internet Explorer. I'll update the article.

I can confirm that it works both with Google Chrome and FireFox.

yadyram12-30-2010 11:59 AM

All it did for me is to move everything to the far left of the screen and cut the bottom off. No scroll bar.

FIA12-30-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yadyram (Post 21758544)
All it did for me is to move everything to the far left of the screen and cut the bottom off. No scroll bar.

What internet browser are you using?

Nanakinz12-30-2010 12:02 PM

The way it works for me on the Internet Explorer is to follow FIA's directions, then log out, then click on log in again. Once you do that, the smaller window will open up.
Will someone try this and tell me if it works for them too?

FIA12-30-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanakinz (Post 21758601)
The way it works for me on the Internet Explorer is to follow FIA's directions, then log out, then click on log in again. Once you do that, the smaller window will open up.
Will someone try this and tell me if it works for them too?

I just tested that method and I couldn't get it to work. Of course, I always have terrible luck with IE.

yadyram12-30-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIA (Post 21758599)
What internet browser are you using?

Internet Explorer

hoodedwarbler1312-30-2010 12:12 PM

Great! Go Chrome!