Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #51
Webkinz :)

valana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clownvalana is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: HOLIDAY NEWS: Menorahs Due to Light Up for Hanukkah

Happy Hannukah
valana is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #52
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

FYI

Hanukkah (Meaning "To Dedicate") is also known as "The Festival of Lights" and is an eight-day
Jewish holiday commemorating the re-dedication of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

The Temple in Jerusalem or "Holy Temple" or "House of the Holy", refers to a series of structures
located on the Temple Mount in the old city of Jerusalem.

The "Mount" refers to Mount Moriah, and is considered to be the holiest site in Judaism. It is believed that this mount was where God gathered the dust he used to create the first man,
Adam.

In 167 BC, The Holy Temple was desecrated when King Antiochus of Syria invaded and outlawed
Jewish religious rites and traditions. He forced the worship of Zeus (God of the sky and thunder
from Greek mythology) at the temple. Many Jews were killed for refusing to worship Zeus.

In 164 BCE, the Maccabees (a Jewish rebel army) liberated the site, reasserting the Jewish
religion. The Temple was purified but there was only enough consecrated olive oil to fuel the
eternal flame in the Temple for one day. Miraculously, the oil burned for eight days.

Today, Jews commemorate the event by lighting the eight candles one day at a time. An extra
candle is also lit each night for the purpose of lighting the others, which is why the menorah
contains 9 candleholders.

Hanukkah is celebrated by a series of rituals that are performed every day throughout the 8-day
holiday. Some are family-based and others are communal. There are special additions to the daily
prayer service, and a section is added to the blessing after meals.

Today, most Jewish people go to work as usual, but may leave early in order to be home to
kindle the lights at nightfall. In Israel schools close from the second day for the whole week of
Hanukkah. Many families exchange gifts each night, and fried foods (another reference to the oil)
are eaten.

For those of us who are not Jewish, but are Christian believers, we are reminded to bless the Jewish people in our own prayers.

And I will bless them that bless thee, (the Jewish people) and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed (through the birth of Jesus) Genesis 12:3

Happy Hanukkah!
mulberry59 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #53
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Cool! I can't wait!
mickey26 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #54
Harry S is a bunny!
Webkinz :)

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by hank123rocks
Happy Hanukkah! We light the candles at our house but that's all we to celebrate it, beacuse my dad works for the F.O.I. (Friends Of Israel). Any of you know the story behind why on Hanukkah people light the candles?
I know this is a really late entry but the story is (I don't know how I know I am not Jewish) Some people from Israel were stuck in a dark cave long ago and their only light as an oil lamp (the menorahs) and it could only be lit for 8 days. That isn't the full story though.
sarocks7 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: