Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Goal Achieved for Communal Contest July 31-Aug 1st!

yay! We did it!
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
violeta108 will become famous soon enough

All 3 kids vote faithfully on their choice on Friday, as soon as the Game is announced, and begin playing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, until it is over or LOST by 10:00 P.M. (bed time),,,

I, violeta508, am their grandmother, and I know this because they use MY COMPUTER for all their Webkinz activities! I am also the one who has bought ALL their plushes and virtuals for the past 4 years...

I agree with their rules, many of them are very generous, but numerous existing non-fixed GLITCHES play havoc with many of their activities -- again, I am the first to hear about it all, first hand. They also write COMMENTS/Questions directly, but they never know if they have been read or received by anybody at Ganz...

The announcement at the end of the costest already includes the information that they "did not win" because they "did not participate", which they did! Does continuing to play after the contest ends change the non-winning into a winning situation? Has anyone experienced that personally?

Please let me know if you can... THANKS for reading the rantings of a loving (and spoiling) grandmother, who HATES to see 3 very disappointed kids EDIT

Please remember not to reveal the ages of our dear ones It is for their safety we ask this.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 08-02-2010 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: removing ages
violeta108 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #23
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

Momzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socks

Great to get another Community Challenge win. Congrats to everyone who played.

Violeta - here is something I do with the community challenge. First thing on Saturday, I play a short game of whatever the challenge for the week is. I am not trying to get points, but just get it registered that I played the game. I then go to the newspaper and check to make sure it says that I am entered in the game. I have never had any problems with then getting a did not participate message.

Of course then I go back and pick an account low on KC and play away trying to get points. LOL

Blessings, and I hope this helps for future Communal Challenges. Sorry I can't help you with figuring out if you can change anything at this point. I hope you can get it worked out.
Momzkinza is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #24
violeta108 will become famous soon enough

THANKS VERY MUCH, MOMZKINZA for your helpful advice! I will tech the little one to follow your instructions...

I think we may all have been excited about this for nothing, as I still believe that the contest is not over until MIDNIGHT, and that Monday A.M. they will ALL be winners, as they participated... In the meantime, they contune to play the game (they like it...) this time on my laptop --supervised, of course, by yours truly...

By the way, they are ALL HAPPY now, as they received the retired pet's cupcake, and only the oldest one played the related activities, as she is the only one who wanted the virtual & plush, because she LOVES DINOSAURS!
violeta108 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #25

allicekinz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so glad this challenge was finished, I hate that game, and I played four times.
allicekinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #26
Gift Guru

cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master
cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master

cool I guess.. LOL
cupcake00497 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #27

allicekinz is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by tarabella9
Cool! I didn't care about the prize though... at least I'll get some extra money!
Lol, you are right, there is always the cash!
allicekinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #28

Bloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacity
Bloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacityBloo's Pal has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by BERT_X

[B

Not voting in the week's choice of prize for the Communal Contest shows a lack of interest in participating that weekend. [/B]

Not voting does not necessarily “indicate lack of interest in participating that weekend.” If you don’t vote you can still enter on the weekend by clicking Enter on the Communal Contest page.

I have voted in most of the contests, but for the contest before the current one I had no preference among four prizes I didn’t care about, so I chose not to vote. I left that to those with a preference. But I had every intention of participating. Early on Saturday I tried to log on to the Contest page to enter but got a white screen. Without officially entering, our scores are not counted towards the communal goal. Throughout the day I tried a number of times to enter, and each time I got the white screen. When the page finally loaded in the late afternoon I was met with the Goal Achieved banner. Naturally, it was too late for me to participate, but my failure to participate was the result of a glitch rather than lack of interest. If the goal had not been reached early, I would have entered and played when the page finally loaded on Saturday afternoon.

This week I voted, not to show interest but to make sure I wasn’t glitched out of another contest.

I do agree that people should not be allowed to deliberately wait for a goal to be reached before entering, but I don’t really think many people do that.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #29

lickerish100 has disabled reputation

good job people
lickerish100 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #30
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

I'm not convinced that voting makes any difference at all. At least not that I have seen on our accounts. My kids and I all vote every week, usually on Monday even. However if we do not participate before the goal is reached we do not get the prize. Like the other week. We all voted, we were unable to play before the goal was reached (it was super fast) but we all played the game anyways after the goal was reached just in case. None of the 8 accounts received anything at all.

I think it has more to do with actually PARTICIPATING in reaching the goal. And that is totally FAIR. Otherwise people will just wait and see if others are going to reach the goal or not before deciding to enter. Or wait for other people to do the work and then sneak in at the last minute to help claim the prize. This is exactly why Ganz changed it in the first place so you had to participate.

I realize that it sometimes seems unfair to those who didn't get a chance to play before the goal was reached. But life is not always fair. And yes there are some accounts that seem to just be dealing with glitches. I really do hope they fix those for them.

it really isn't fair if you vote,play to reach the goal succeed and then don't win.
blessedx5 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: