Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #171
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Glitches Affect Current Webkinz Newz Pink Contest *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by destiny727
i am i victom of this. I gotboth of those just now. I would rather have the plush and mic. I will not trade these gust incase ganz says somthing like "send us a letter if you were affected by this glich and we will give you the propper prizes." Or something along those lines.
Saying that you are a victim is a bit strong considering that Ganz retains the right to change their prize distribution as they see fit; when they see fit.
We have gotten prizes even though they were not as pictured, they have given us equal or better value than, so there is no victimizing going on here.
It is just a simple glitch that once they know about it they will clear up. They ALWAYS have when enough people have called and explained the situation.
I have called in and they said they are aware of it and they have their techs on top of it as we speak.
It is just a matter of time
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #172
Webkinz :)

strawgumdrop1 is a WIzard
strawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzard

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Saying that you are a victim is a bit strong considering that Ganz retains the right to change their prize distribution as they see fit; when they see fit.
We have gotten prizes even though they were not as pictured, they have given us equal or better value than, so there is no victimizing going on here.
It is just a simple glitch that once they know about it they will clear up. They ALWAYS have when enough people have called and explained the situation.
I have called in and they said they are aware of it and they have their techs on top of it as we speak.
It is just a matter of time
Couldn't have said it better myself
strawgumdrop1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #173
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

View Post Originally Posted by strawgumdrop1
Couldn't have said it better myself

Yep I agree. Lots of people are experiencing this glitch and it's not Ganz's fault. They are not singling anyone out.
Arte's Fan is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #174
joi

joi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicness

I just called Ganz and they awarded the mic to three of our accounts that had the CD glitch. They did NOT ask for proof, they only checked to see if the CD case was indeed in the docks.

The rep was very nice, he said they knew it was a glitch and would fix it and let us keep the CD too.
joi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #175
Eternal Summer

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

Meant to come back yesterday and continue the conversations with all of you but between kid activities, and yes, you guessed it - trying to do peek-a-newz-floating-pig-head-find the-pink-ad, I ran out of time last night. So responses are on now.

View Post Originally Posted by jamey2u
GPX Navigator, I have thought often that wkn was created to pull us off of ww. The reduction of servers and ww phones glitching up so badly is the cost to all of us!!!

We too have stopped playing for weeks and months at a time due to a combination of the before mentioned and rl. I think you both you and Mystic made some good points.

Based on the great info Mystic shared with us I agree. If we don't click the pages, they can't make money. If we spend time on WI, they can't make money. So they entice and lure us with freebies and we take the bait. And its ok. As an adult, I can understand that. They are a business. But its a real shame to have to shatter kid's illusions so early, and that through Ganz they have learned the world can be a not so nice place. Between the glitches and sap glop (don't get me started) they have learned disappointment early and often. I applaud WI for all they let the community share and for giving us this place to vent. To keep such a site like WI running when the company its on behalf of (and yes, I think WI helps Ganz make money, but Ganz doesn't always want to admit that) have so many problems is a real testament to the power of the people who run and administer this site.

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
Thanks for reading all of my post, GPX. I appreciate that. And you hit the nail right on the head. It all began during February of this year. That's when Ganz went from using it's own exclusive ads to advertise it's own products on WKN to using third party ads supplied by an outside company to make money off of us. And while that's OK in some respects because Ganz is a business and businesses need to make money, are we really getting the most bang for our buck when it comes to the prizes and our time ?? I mean, the whole LOVE PINK promo can boil down to false advertising as far as I'm concerned because we aren't getting what we were promised. I swear if I see one more CD cover in my various accounts' docks, I'ma gonna scream.

But let's take it one step further. This is also around the same time we saw third party ads invade WW on the log in, log out pages and the ever annoying, ever present Rice Krispies ad that appears on the Hourly Activities page. Just think of how many members are logging in and out of their accounts every minute of every day. And every time those ads are shown, KA-CHING for Ganz.

As I said in my lengthy article two pages ago, so long as we keep clicking, Ganz will definitely keep doing these prize giveaways and we have to choose which event we want to be frustrated and disappointed in the most. In other words, how much of our time are we willing to give up to get the elusive prizes we covet the most ??

Ganz is a marketing genius. I'll give them points for that.

Even more excellent info Mystic. Thanks for the very detailed explanations. Its nice to know how all this works behind the scenes. As I was searching for heads and pumpkins last night, I just kept hearing cha-ching in my head. I love the false advertising angle. You are correct. I have such a long list of things to call Ganz on, but I am not sure its worth my time, as the rep I get may be less than willing to assist. I will probably end up even more frustrated. Sigh.

View Post Originally Posted by Nickelcat
I couldn't agree more, GPX! It seems like it went from an occasional giveaway that glued us all to the screen for a week at a time (Fall Fest, Winter Fest, Wacky Zingoz Fest), to a constant onslaught of freebies that can be ours if only we will spend hours on Webkinz Newz, doing Peek a Newz, watching the newest POTM video, looking for floaty-clicky heads, searchng for ads for free Spree Rolls, taking polls and surveys, and now doing the same on the WKN parent site! It now takes me a few hours to do all my daily WI, WKN, and WW things, and I have given up many of the activities on WW because I simply don't have the time. Yes, I certainly could stop if I wanted to, but truth be told, I'm a sucker for a freebie. I kind of liked it the old way, when the free things were fewer and farther between but meant more. I could give up several hours a day for a short period of time, but I can't make it my new lifestyle.

Agreed Nickle. Honestly, if we did not home school I don't think we would ever find the time to do Webkinz with all the giveaways. Between some of their classes, the kids can log on, and do a few things. I will say - it is an addictive site, and hard to walk away from. And you always fear you may miss some cool giveaway. They really do have us good. If it was not for WI, we would be lost, because WKN is a tough to manage site. I do not find it user friendly at all!. Try searching for something. Totally frustrating. When I need to know something its to WI I go. As do most of us here.

View Post Originally Posted by joi
I just called Ganz and they awarded the mic to three of our accounts that had the CD glitch. They did NOT ask for proof, they only checked to see if the CD case was indeed in the docks.

The rep was very nice, he said they knew it was a glitch and would fix it and let us keep the CD too.
Yea. Maybe I will call now. Sounds like you got a winner for a Ganz Rep.
GPX Navigators is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #176
joi

View Post Originally Posted by GPX Navigators
Yea. Maybe I will call now. Sounds like you got a winner for a Ganz Rep.
Yes, he was very nice. Just make sure you say the glitch was from the Parents Club and that the notice specified the mic, because the Molly head floater doesn't tell you what you were supposed to win.

Good luck - I hope you get your mics!
joi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #177
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Well, no matter what you call it, GPX, I am still playing it. I am still looking for floating heads and hidden pumpkins I am still looking for that pink ad in the Parent's club.
It's FUN to get the items even if they are exactly as portrayed. I know my grandkids love it when they have prizes and presents in their docks, too.
I know that when they have a glicth like this they do try to repair it as quickly as possible. Pretty soon we will be back to playing the way it was and it will all be forgotten.
Webkinz Is Fun and Webkinz Insider makes it bearable because we all know we are paddling the canoe in the same direction
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #178
Eternal Summer

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by joi
Yes, he was very nice. Just make sure you say the glitch was from the Parents Club and that the notice specified the mic, because the Molly head floater doesn't tell you what you were supposed to win.

Good luck - I hope you get your mics!
thanks. I have snips form the parents site of winning the mic, if needed.

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Well, no matter what you call it, GPX, I am still playing it. I am still looking for floating heads and hidden pumpkins I am still looking for that pink ad in the Parent's club.
It's FUN to get the items even if they are exactly as portrayed. I know my grandkids love it when they have prizes and presents in their docks, too.
I know that when they have a glicth like this they do try to repair it as quickly as possible. Pretty soon we will be back to playing the way it was and it will all be forgotten.
Webkinz Is Fun and Webkinz Insider makes it bearable because we all know we are paddling the canoe in the same direction
I am enjoying it and will continue to do so as well. I finally went back to room decorating over the last couple of days and remembered why I love Webkinz so much. A virtual doll house that never gets dusty. I too enjoy all the freebies in my dock (thus the need to room decorate often this year!) My kids crack up and my oft times child like enthusiasm for this. But we had noting like this when I was a kid, so I plan to enjoy it! And it is something we all do together, so online or not, glitches or not, we do make it a family activity. And you can't trade that time together for anything. Fleeting moments with the kids. I enjoy them. And thanx to WI I can vent my frustrations here, and not to the kids.
GPX Navigators is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #179
Diabetes Awareness

gma2r is a WI addict!
gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!

I finally was able to finish the Parent's club pink contest (after clearing my cache and rebooting-something that does annoy me as this is the only site I ever have to do this for) . I had begun to do a screen capture when they showed what prize you were supposed to receive so I could call Ganz when there was an issue. Today, after I logged in the account information to receive the prize, all I got was a blank page so I have no idea what prize we were supposed to get. Coincidence? Considering all of our experience with Ganz, I think not.
gma2r is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #180
Lil Kinz
firstvisit is an unknown quantity at this point

I just had that happen to me today. Please fix this Ganz!!! And I think who ever had this happen should get the prize back .Peace Love and Webkinz!!!
firstvisit is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
~*gringersnap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: