Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #151
ishing you Joy
Webkinz :)

twigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizen
twigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizentwigsthegiraffe is a crafty citizen

Default Re: Glitches Affect Current Webkinz Newz Pink Contest *UPDATE*

Thanks MysticZon - I'll have to see if the ones that she wants to hide away will go in the storage container. They can be placed on tables too, not just the floor.
twigsthegiraffe is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #152
Diabetes Awareness

jamey2u is stuck on replay
jamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by twigsthegiraffe
Thanks MysticZon - I'll have to see if the ones that she wants to hide away will go in the storage container. They can be placed on tables too, not just the floor.
Yes, I have some on table as well. Thank you both for your input....I need to find that chest!
jamey2u is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #153
Eternal Summer

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

Well said MysticZon. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've told the kids over & over that Ganz is in this to make money, and that our angst at not being able to win those elusive prizes and constant glitches is not Ganz's concern (still makes us frustrated though. ) Since it was introduced, the parent site has not worked well. Constant glitches with all their contests and giveaways. But as you said, they draw us in for those prizes, and as we click to win, they are making money, which, at the end of the day, is what they are in business for. It's just such a shame that it comes at a cost to us. We can though choose, not to particpate. Its getting hard to decide where to draw the line. They went from doing nothing to over the top this year. We've always had glitches with Ganz (that will never change) but I'm moving towards wanting to go back to the old way. That we only had giveaways once in a while. It really is too much now. I almost think that they keep us busy on the newz site to kepp us of Insider and other sites like this one, in addition to making money on the ads. We missed a lot of the late August - early September giveaways because real life intruded. We opted out of WW for those few weeks. Sorry to have missed the prizes but my dock is so full I can;t keep up with room decorating as it is. Employment office? Academy? Stadium? Who has time when all I am doing is clicking to win?

Well done Ganz. The $$$$ are yours.
GPX Navigators is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #154
please ask
Gift Guru

smwcat has much to be proud ofsmwcat has much to be proud ofsmwcat has much to be proud ofsmwcat has much to be proud of

I've won 3 CD's on one account and cannot figure out how to get it out of my dock. I drag it into a room and it asks if I want to download, I say yes and it puts an empty file on my desktop and nothing downloads and the image won't leave my dock. Could it be that I'm on a Mac? I'm a little OCD about my dock and it's driving me nuts

FYI: Got out my old PC laptop and was able to drag the CD into my room and it downloaded and left my dock. Thought Mac users might run into the same situation, so I wanted to share.

Last edited by smwcat; 10-04-2011 at 05:45 PM..
smwcat is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #155

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by jamey2u
Hey, thanks for letting me know this....I have been sooo frustrated that they would not fit in anything either...I havae a few missing. Is that the only container you have found these will go in or have you tried anything else.
Here's what fits and what doesn't fit in a Sailor's Shipping Crate. I just tried a Series 3 figurine in a different container (the rare theme Palace Princess Armoir which just happened to be in my dock) and it fits. So it's not just the Sailor's Shipping Crates that work.

Also, ALL Series 1 and 2 figurines will fit in a storage container, so if you have spares of those and don't know what to do with them, here's your answer !!
MysticZon is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #156
Diabetes Awareness

jamey2u is stuck on replay
jamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by GPX Navigators
Well said MysticZon. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've told the kids over & over that Ganz is in this to make money, and that our angst at not being able to win those elusive prizes and constant glitches is not Ganz's concern (still makes us frustrated though. ) Since it was introduced, the parent site has not worked well. Constant glitches with all their contests and giveaways. But as you said, they draw us in for those prizes, and as we click to win, they are making money, which, at the end of the day, is what they are in business for. It's just such a shame that it comes at a cost to us. We can though choose, not to particpate. Its getting hard to decide where to draw the line. They went from doing nothing to over the top this year. We've always had glitches with Ganz (that will never change) but I'm moving towards wanting to go back to the old way. That we only had giveaways once in a while. It really is too much now. I almost think that they keep us busy on the newz site to kepp us of Insider and other sites like this one, in addition to making money on the ads. We missed a lot of the late August - early September giveaways because real life intruded. We opted out of WW for those few weeks. Sorry to have missed the prizes but my dock is so full I can;t keep up with room decorating as it is. Employment office? Academy? Stadium? Who has time when all I am doing is clicking to win?

GPX Navigator, I have thought often that wkn was created to pull us off of ww. The reduction of servers and ww phones glitching up so badly is the cost to all of us!!!

We too have stopped playing for weeks and months at a time due to a combination of the before mentioned and rl. I think you both you and Mystic made some good points.

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
Here's what fits and what doesn't fit in a Sailor's Shipping Crate. I just tried a Series 3 figurine in a different container (the rare theme Palace Princess Armoir which just happened to be in my dock) and it fits. So it's not just the Sailor's Shipping Crates that work.

Also, ALL Series 1 and 2 figurines will fit in a storage container, so if you have spares of those and don't know what to do with them, here's your answer !!
Mystic, you are wonderful! I havea many of those show. So happy....Thank you again...it will not let me rep you any more, but I soo appreciate it!

Last edited by jamey2u; 10-04-2011 at 03:58 PM..
jamey2u is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #157

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Thanks for reading all of my post, GPX. I appreciate that. And you hit the nail right on the head. It all began during February of this year. That's when Ganz went from using it's own exclusive ads to advertise it's own products on WKN to using third party ads supplied by an outside company to make money off of us. And while that's OK in some respects because Ganz is a business and businesses need to make money, are we really getting the most bang for our buck when it comes to the prizes and our time ?? I mean, the whole LOVE PINK promo can boil down to false advertising as far as I'm concerned because we aren't getting what we were promised. I swear if I see one more CD cover in my various accounts' docks, I'ma gonna scream.

But let's take it one step further. This is also around the same time we saw third party ads invade WW on the log in, log out pages and the ever annoying, ever present Rice Krispies ad that appears on the Hourly Activities page. Just think of how many members are logging in and out of their accounts every minute of every day. And every time those ads are shown, KA-CHING for Ganz.

As I said in my lengthy article two pages ago, so long as we keep clicking, Ganz will definitely keep doing these prize giveaways and we have to choose which event we want to be frustrated and disappointed in the most. In other words, how much of our time are we willing to give up to get the elusive prizes we covet the most ??

Ganz is a marketing genius. I'll give them points for that.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #158

MysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by jamey2u
GPX Navigator, I have thought often that wkn was created to pull us off of ww. The reduction of servers and ww phones glitching up so badly is the cost to all of us!!!

We too have stopped playing for weeks and months at a time due to a combination of the before mentioned and rl. I think you both you and Mystic made some good points.

Mystic, you are wonderful! I havea many of those show. So happy....Thank you again...it will not let me rep you any more, but I soo appreciate it!
Awwww shucks, thanks for your kind words, Jamey2u, and no rep is necessary but I appreciate the thought.

I just want people to know that nothing is "free" when it comes to Ganz.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #159
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

I couldn't agree more, GPX! It seems like it went from an occasional giveaway that glued us all to the screen for a week at a time (Fall Fest, Winter Fest, Wacky Zingoz Fest), to a constant onslaught of freebies that can be ours if only we will spend hours on Webkinz Newz, doing Peek a Newz, watching the newest POTM video, looking for floaty-clicky heads, searchng for ads for free Spree Rolls, taking polls and surveys, and now doing the same on the WKN parent site! It now takes me a few hours to do all my daily WI, WKN, and WW things, and I have given up many of the activities on WW because I simply don't have the time. Yes, I certainly could stop if I wanted to, but truth be told, I'm a sucker for a freebie. I kind of liked it the old way, when the free things were fewer and farther between but meant more. I could give up several hours a day for a short period of time, but I can't make it my new lifestyle.

Nickelcat

Last edited by Nickelcat; 10-04-2011 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: typo
Nickelcat is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #160
Hy hello

allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!

CD glitch just happened to me.
allycat1112 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
~*gringersnap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: