Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   Ganz Sues and Gets Sues - re: Walmart, Target, ETC (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/ganz-sues-gets-sues-re-walmart-186758/)

01-17-2008 11:27 AM

Ganz Sues and Gets Sues - re: Walmart, Target, ETC

This is a very interesting read

http://www.toydirectory.com/monthly/article.asp?id=2904

marcopolo01-17-2008 11:32 AM

Re: Ganz Sues and Gets Sues - re: Walmart, Target, ETC

I liked the article..very interesting.

And yes, I used to buy webkinz ON EBAY through Pamerla's Boutique, so for them to say they did not use ebay, it is not truthful.

RachelxXx01-17-2008 11:33 AM

huh?? confuzzled~

01-17-2008 11:36 AM

I really like pamela's boutique tho, thewy have the best prices Ive found, Ive never bought from them on ebay but i have through their website, I think 5.99 lil kinz and 7.99 regular... but they havent had new stock in ages I guess now we know why!!

Rmarkham201-17-2008 11:42 AM

When did someone find lead-tainted jewlery?

marcopolo01-17-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legalcat (Post 4234812)
I really like pamela's boutique tho, thewy have the best prices Ive found, Ive never bought from them on ebay but i have through their website, I think 5.99 lil kinz and 7.99 regular... but they havent had new stock in ages I guess now we know why!!

I used them too, even from their store site. They are located an hour from me so I always knew shipping would be fast. Yes, you are right..now I know why they aren't current.

Lindsay01-17-2008 11:52 AM

Whoa.

Ganz sued!? I cannot believe it. Im amazed.
But i don't get it. Why were they sued?

koto01-17-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcopolo (Post 4234768)
I liked the article..very interesting.

And yes, I used to buy webkinz ON EBAY through Pamerla's Boutique, so for them to say they did not use ebay, it is not truthful.

I did not see them deny selling on ebay, just the wholesale part which is a violation of Ganz's agreement.

---------- koto added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by legalcat (Post 4234812)

Those prices are pretty darn closes to wholesale.

contessa200701-17-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay (Post 4234997)
Whoa.

Ganz sued!? I cannot believe it. Im amazed.
But i don't get it. Why were they sued?

A few retailers are suing Ganz because they say Ganz is breaching the contract that they had with the stores by not delivering merchandise in a reasonable time frame, and canceling orders that retailers made unless they agreed to additional conditions that Ganz was making after the fact.

I know a few of the retailers that I go to, to buy Webkinz stuff ... every one of them is totally frustrated with Ganz. They never know what they are going to get, or when they are going to get it. One of the retailers was told she had to buy a minimum of $4000 worth of NON-webkinz merchandise from Ganz before she could become a webkinz dealer. Another was told she could not put in specific orders, she'll get whatever they send her.

Just about NO retailer in my area has any decent selection of Webkinz clothing. They never even know what the POTM is for that month! They are completely in the dark. You think Ganz would market this a little bit better to the people who are face to face with Ganz's customer base!

Gram2Four01-17-2008 12:29 PM

Thank you so much for the article spent quite a bit of time reading it and the links in the article. Please read them too before forming any opinion. Retailers are finally speaking out. I have dealt with Pamelas too through their website and visited their store even though I don't live where they are located, found them when on vacation. Ganz definitely does not treat its retailers right. I have heard the same stories from retailers around me. It is a shame they have a real great product in the webkinz, but I wonder where this is all going to lead to.