Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #1171
Webkinz :)

Jae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud of

Default Re: Ganz Shakes the Trees and Extends Fall Fest Through Sunday

View Post Originally Posted by icaman
I haven't written a post here in eons so I, too, hope no one minds my 5 cents (inflation, used to be 2 cents) (lol).

I see the whole Fall Fest with a slightly different angle. It boggles my mind how detailed WW is to begin with, the animation of pets and items, the colors, etc. So, I can only imagine how difficult it is to program such a site. My DH and I were talking about it last night, he is a computer guy, not a programmer, but he understands it well. Problems are just bound to happen and it is unfortunate. As WW continues to grow, problems will come up, there is just so much detail to it all. I see it as a programmers nightmare. I do my best to enjoy it for what it is. There is no real perferction in our world, let alone WW. Hugs!
Jane the Cheese in WW
Jane,
I agree with you about it probably being very difficult to program everything. However, what I've been seeing over the past few years is [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] focusing more and more on adding eStore and Deluxe items instead of putting their focus on insuring the things that we get for buying their tangible products work properly.

The tangible items in the stores are expensive. The reason they get that kind of money is because they are also selling the website.

In the best of times, people expect to get what they paid for. As hard as the times are right now, all over the world, for people to part with their hard-to-come-by money on un-necessary "luxury" items, like the high-dollar plushes, trading cards or the many other things, it is extremely understandable that they are going to be upset when things are promised then not delivered on.

The "bonus" website is really no bonus. It is what people are paying for and they should have access to everything On the site. There should not be separate things for people willing to pay more. Unless [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] were to reduce the price of the items people have to buy to gain access to the site.

Ganz has the proverbial Golden Goose (because they have the website). However, greed will cause them to kill it because they are ruining the experience for the average, non-Deluxe consumers.

So while I do understand how difficult it must be for the programmers, I have less than zero sympathy for any of them. If [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] would stop trying to grab the money hand-over-fist and let the programmers focus on making the website work properly FIRST, then they wouldn't need the sympathy to begin with!
Things like Deluxe memberships and eStore items should only be added AFTER they have the website working properly and never beforehand! And they should never lose their focus on keeping the website running properly while they are adding the extras for the ones that can afford and want to buy the extras.

For myself, I did not care about the Fall Fest items. But my girl wanted a few of the new items so I spent every waking moment last week ignoring things I needed to do so I could do my best to get the things for her that she really wanted.

So many times during the past week, I thought of the GooGooBerry Festival they had and how frustrated everyone was that [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] promised badges and special things yet the festival ended with people never having figured out how to earn the promised items.
And I thought of the Webkinz Newz Peek-a-News events. So far, they have had what, three, perhaps four of them? And how many of those worked like they advertised?

For some reason, [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] seems to love making people upset by making big promises then not delivering on any of them. If you care enough to call them, they tell you that it is only a website and "nothing is guaranteed". So take it or leave it.
They don't care!
THAT is what upsets and disappoints me more than anything else.

My biggest upset over all these undelivered promises from [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate], is seeing the other people that post here talking about how disappointed they ended up. Made me PM a few of them offering to Kinzost a couple of my extra items to them. .
Jae's Momma is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #1172
gianna1223

gg_galaxy2002 is just really nicegg_galaxy2002 is just really nice

Thank god its over! I won 4 of the 6 new prizes, and am happy.. I really did'nt want the coat and globe anyway.
gg_galaxy2002 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #1173
satoriluna
KarynS is a jewel in the roughKarynS is a jewel in the rough

Excellent post, Jae's Momma. To me, anyway. I'm just glad to see someone has been feeling exactly the way I have -- in many spots in your post you "took the words right out of my mouth". thanks.
KarynS is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #1174
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

Total 261

Cider - 34
Squash - 21
Toque - 36
Galoshes - 9
Autumn Striped Sweater - 20
Lumberjack Hat - 7
Lumberjack Coat - 7
Wheat Sheafs - 14
Potted Elm Trees - 25
Globes - 4
Corn Display - 3
Place Settings - 22
Cornucopias - 26
Candles - 5
Pressed Wall Plates - 28

This is a result of over 100 hours of watching for leaves with multiple windows open.
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #1175

geemah37 has a spectacular aura about

What a farce this week was with the fallen leaves had to spend hours and hours staring at the screen to get a few new prizes this year. And I got a load of last years things I didn't need or want. What was the purpose behind so many old prizes and so few new things this year all it did was make for a very fustrating week for all of us. I hope we never have to do a challedge like this again geemah37
Old 09-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #1176

hiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Alot of time spent with multiple accounts..I am happy. The reason I put so much time into it is because I like sharing with my friends and host giveaways and contests elsewhere. So at least half of my winnings will go.

globes 42
corn 38
candles 36
jackets 44
shoes 56
hats 52

sold back eveythng else to boost kc

My nephew is 6 and is new to ww. I help him alot and didnt mention Fall fest because I knew he wouldnt fully understand and didnt want him getting frustrated. He called me the other day and was excited to get a squash.

Lets hope these items come back next year and we are all complaining about..another candle.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #1177

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Well another "Fall Flop" has come and gone. Durng the whole time I got only 8 leaves which all produced last year gifts. A couple that I had clicked on never "opened". I do remember that last year everyone was upset that there were so many problems, and here we are a year later, with newer technology, and still [notranslate]GANZ[/notranslate] has managed to disappoint the very people that "pay their bills, by buying their products and merchandise". How embarrased are they?
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #1178
Gift Guru

Tamster is cool as a bunny clownTamster is cool as a bunny clownTamster is cool as a bunny clownTamster is cool as a bunny clownTamster is cool as a bunny clownTamster is cool as a bunny clownTamster is cool as a bunny clownTamster is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Jae's Momma
Jane,
I agree with you about it probably being very difficult to program everything. However, what I've been seeing over the past few years is [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] focusing more and more on adding eStore and Deluxe items instead of putting their focus on insuring the things that we get for buying their tangible products work properly.

The tangible items in the stores are expensive. The reason they get that kind of money is because they are also selling the website.

In the best of times, people expect to get what they paid for. As hard as the times are right now, all over the world, for people to part with their hard-to-come-by money on un-necessary "luxury" items, like the high-dollar plushes, trading cards or the many other things, it is extremely understandable that they are going to be upset when things are promised then not delivered on.

The "bonus" website is really no bonus. It is what people are paying for and they should have access to everything On the site. There should not be separate things for people willing to pay more. Unless [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] were to reduce the price of the items people have to buy to gain access to the site.

Ganz has the proverbial Golden Goose (because they have the website). However, greed will cause them to kill it because they are ruining the experience for the average, non-Deluxe consumers.

So while I do understand how difficult it must be for the programmers, I have less than zero sympathy for any of them. If [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] would stop trying to grab the money hand-over-fist and let the programmers focus on making the website work properly FIRST, then they wouldn't need the sympathy to begin with!
Things like Deluxe memberships and eStore items should only be added AFTER they have the website working properly and never beforehand! And they should never lose their focus on keeping the website running properly while they are adding the extras for the ones that can afford and want to buy the extras.

For myself, I did not care about the Fall Fest items. But my girl wanted a few of the new items so I spent every waking moment last week ignoring things I needed to do so I could do my best to get the things for her that she really wanted.

So many times during the past week, I thought of the GooGooBerry Festival they had and how frustrated everyone was that [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] promised badges and special things yet the festival ended with people never having figured out how to earn the promised items.
And I thought of the Webkinz Newz Peek-a-News events. So far, they have had what, three, perhaps four of them? And how many of those worked like they advertised?

For some reason, [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] seems to love making people upset by making big promises then not delivering on any of them. If you care enough to call them, they tell you that it is only a website and "nothing is guaranteed". So take it or leave it.
They don't care!
THAT is what upsets and disappoints me more than anything else.

My biggest upset over all these undelivered promises from [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate], is seeing the other people that post here talking about how disappointed they ended up. Made me PM a few of them offering to Kinzost a couple of my extra items to them. .

You get a big Amen from me!!! I agree 1,000% and more...way too much focus on Estore is my biggest gripe right now! As well as all your other points for sure!! So tired of all the promises and constant advertising about e-store all over the place! My son , neighbors kids and myself spent hours upon hours every day, only to be disappointed yet again! Sickening already!

View Post Originally Posted by jazzykinz
Well another "Fall Flop" has come and gone. Durng the whole time I got only 8 leaves which all produced last year gifts. A couple that I had clicked on never "opened". I do remember that last year everyone was upset that there were so many problems, and here we are a year later, with newer technology, and still [notranslate]GANZ[/notranslate] has managed to disappoint the very people that "pay their bills, by buying their products and merchandise". How embarrased are they?
Dont think there embarrassed at all, they honestly have lost focus of Webkinz, and its users! They really do not care anymore.

My total on 6 accounts is 19!! And spent at least 8 hours every day on this!! I had hand surgery and had nothing else to do, but was a huge waste of my time. Was excited about it at first, should have known better! And out of that 19 darn leaves, I only got 1 outfit and one of each new item! Thats it!!!

Last edited by Tamster; 09-27-2010 at 11:53 AM..
Old 09-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #1179

CMV_W is on a distinguished road

I think I spent about 10 hours total this week, maybe a little more, but I got 21 items total. 2 corn decoration, 2 new boots, 1 new snow hat, 2 toques, 2 place settings, 5 striped sweaters, 2 leaf plaques, 2 squash, 2 ciders, 1 candle pumkin but no leaf globe. None of our accounts got leaf globes. :-(
I am OK with this but I would have liked more of the new things. Well just more all together. Leaves were always low for us here in Arizona. Only one or two per hour.
CMV_W is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #1180
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

View Post Originally Posted by jazzykinz
Sadly probably not very....
out of the items I got only about 30 of them total were on the 5 kids accounts, one of them only getting 4 items total. It is sad that some reps are nice and try to help the customers understand and listen while others were rude, with the like it or leave it, if you dont like it then sign off attitude.
[notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] says it was a "chance" event. But I am sure of the ones with Thousands were logged on just as much as I was over 100 hours the entire week why does certain accounts get more of a chance than others. I know kids that went on and have gotten 2 all week. spending their time and crying cuz they didnt get the items. The advertising that they saw about the leaves flying all over WW was invalid and made them upset.

I am glad for the ones who didnt know any better and were happy for the food items they got, but when the kids saw the advertising it was made worse. If you cant deliver then dont advertise. If you dont cause them to fly faster then dont advertise you shook the trees. The hundred or so leaves that were not able to be clicked on and missed out on was more upsetting.
The "please wait" right before the leaf flying by, the leaf flies off the page and the "please wait" goes away. That is not a lack of chance on their parts, they had the chance to click a leaf but was not able to because of a Webkinz issue not their own. So the ones that have said we should be happy because it was only a chance must not have had the technical problems that alot of us experienced. It is not the point of me only getting 200 it is the point of the ridiculous expectations of the kids supposed to be happy cuz at least they clicked 1.
Anyways I am happy it is over though I wish they would have extended it fixed. Because the frustration of it has overwhelmed me LOL I have deprived the hubby from the computer long enough
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
8 hours 2 leaves, come on leafs!, f l a m e d a n c e, go leafs go!, i can haz leaf?, i don't see leaves, leaf grief!, leaf hunt, oh my owls, what leaves?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: