Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #1161
Lil Kinz
jubinville is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ganz Shakes the Trees and Extends Fall Fest Through Sunday

I was disappointed tried all week for lumer jack stuff and got nothing have about 20 leaves wall thing, apple drink, squash and knit hat and sweater but thats it thats all i kept geting noting good oh ya I did get 1 tree and I spent most of my day yesterday just hoping I would get lumber jack stuff like I see everybody is wearing in tradeing room. What happened why some got all the good stuff and others didn't wasn't happy with the leafs at all. I hope the next thing that is done everybody gets the same stuff at the same time.
jubinville is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #1162
Webkinz :)

kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl
kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl

Donation Award 

Reading all of the posts on Fall Fests, has me questioning my own motivation, for spending about a million hours on this event. Two years ago, when my granddaughter received a Webkinz for her birthday, I didn't know what it was. The next time she visited, she made me turn on the computer to show me her WW acct. I thought it was cute and played with it for a while. Then I found myself playing with it more and more. I didn't know about the events or the daily activities or really anything. As I found out more, I started buying them, the cloths, the Deluxe, all the things associated with WW. I went online and read blogs. She just continued to play with her Webbie, dress it up and go to the clubhouse. I created 4 accounts, I made a big deal out of it. I think I expected to much, while she is happy, doing what she did from the beginning, dress it up and go to the clubhouse. She is HAPPY, I am the one who is disappointed. Yesterday when she stopped over, I of course, was on the computer. When she noticed a leaf floating I told her to click on it. She got a plate and was happy. I am one of the ones who called and complained, but after I was able to get one of everything, why did I continue to look. Yes, I only have one grand child, so I should have been happy with what I had and quit. She doesn't even know or care what the prizes were. She just enjoys playing and going to the clubhouse. Sometimes the kids are a lot smarter, then the adults. If you don't expect anything, you aren't disappointed. I have to rethink my own motivation here. Maybe she is the smarter one and I am just expecting too much.
kirtoglou is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #1163
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by kirtoglou
Reading all of the posts on Fall Fests, has me questioning my own motivation, for spending about a million hours on this event. Two years ago, when my granddaughter received a Webkinz for her birthday, I didn't know what it was. The next time she visited, she made me turn on the computer to show me her WW acct. I thought it was cute and played with it for a while. Then I found myself playing with it more and more. I didn't know about the events or the daily activities or really anything. As I found out more, I started buying them, the cloths, the Deluxe, all the things associated with WW. I went online and read blogs. She just continued to play with her Webbie, dress it up and go to the clubhouse. I created 4 accounts, I made a big deal out of it. I think I expected to much, while she is happy, doing what she did from the beginning, dress it up and go to the clubhouse. She is HAPPY, I am the one who is disappointed. Yesterday when she stopped over, I of course, was on the computer. When she noticed a leaf floating I told her to click on it. She got a plate and was happy. I am one of the ones who called and complained, but after I was able to get one of everything, why did I continue to look. Yes, I only have one grand child, so I should have been happy with what I had and quit. She doesn't even know or care what the prizes were. She just enjoys playing and going to the clubhouse. Sometimes the kids are a lot smarter, then the adults. If you don't expect anything, you aren't disappointed. I have to rethink my own motivation here. Maybe she is the smarter one and I am just expecting too much.
I completely agree with this! Your granddaughter has the right attitude. Just play, have fun, and if we get a couple bonus gifts, terrific! I don't think [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] had it in mind for people to sit in front of their computers for hours on end, or for people to expect to get every gift. Kudos to your granddaughter!
Desty is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #1164

mollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond repute

I began playing last year, so my first big event was Fall Fest 2009. It was wonderful. I really looked forward to this Fall Fest, and it was quite disappointing. I didn't have a lot of time to play. By the time I was able to devote some time to the leaves, it was too late to win the leaf globe. Of course, to me, that was the best prize. Isn't that the way it always is?

I would love it if WI were to have a contest with the Fall Fest prizes (hint hint) but I'm not sure that could happen, since it appears not many people have an abundance of nonfood items to donate.

I'm going to have to be content with no leaf globe. I'm intimidated by the trading room. I know that we are not allowed to discuss trading here on WI, but I would love it if there were a thread to explain HOW to use the trading room.
mollee84 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #1165
grammiedkinz

grammiedkinz has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
That's me!! My husband spoils me!! I wasn't like that when I was a child!

Please remember the advertising on Webkinz Newz. They introduced all the NEW items for Fall Fest with large pictures of only the new items and they state: "You’ll find some old favorites, along with several new ones!" They do state there are 15 random prizes, but never do they warn you that all the new ones are RARE, with some being ultra-rare. They got my hopes up only to bombard me with old squash and cider most of the time.

We only expect the most out of WW because that is what they are advertising! (Like bigger and better parties for [notranslate]Zum[/notranslate] Buddies-- which is totally opposite from what the programmers actually did with the [notranslate]Zum[/notranslate] Buddies-- now we get way LESS zummies; not more, like their advertising would lead us to believe!) They are the ones that get our hopes up!
I have to agree. I don't think we would expect so much if they didn't make it sound like so much. One thing I learned as a parent was not to make promises you can't keep and they are never sure what they can do until they try it but it doesn't stop them from thinking big... so I wonder why? Why not err on the side of caution? A little less hype from them could be helpful.
grammiedkinz is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #1166

CMV_W is on a distinguished road

I haven't tallied our leaves yet but we did get a few. Probably less then what we got in goo goo berries and there we didn't get enough to get the badge. I wish we could have been on the computer more but life if just too busy for all of us. I spent more time on then my kids did. I think My oldest has just lost the interest in waiting to only see one leaf per hour and have that timed when she may have been loading a room. I did get her a few new things. I think two hats a pair of boots and a candle pumpkin. I actually got one corn decoration but none of us ever saw the leaf globe. It's so pretty I wish we could have gotten it. Maybe [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] could add it to our Thanksgiving gift so we all can get one.

I did spend about three hours on yesterday with three of our accounts open most of the time and still seamed to get only two leaves per hour. I am happy I got a few goodies but wish I could have had a better chance. These different timing issues sure made it kind of slow. Most kids don't spend more then and hour on here or there and I wonder how other kids did. I think it would not have hurt to extend it to two weeks so the kids can try again and we can all keep our fingers crossed that the glitches would be fixed. I honestly never found any hour of the day where I saw more then 3 leaves in an hour.
CMV_W is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #1167
Gift Guru

fluffy113 is sweet stuff
fluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by kirtoglou
What a great point to bring up! I am happy with what I got from the fall fest even though I only got 3 of the new items. Sometimes little kids can teach us so many things.
fluffy113 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #1168
Thanks WI. You rock!
Gift Guru

ConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guide

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by grammiedkinz
I sort of wonder since Canada borders Maine and is also North America if they didn't make out so well either? Did it boil down to servers?

Just wondering...
Hi Grammiedkinz, I am in Canada and have a very poor Fallfest too. The worst I've ever had unfortunately. I'm guessing some servers were just more generous than others CJ
Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #1169
22fiette

Belle Quesnel is the bees knees!Belle Quesnel is the bees knees!Belle Quesnel is the bees knees!Belle Quesnel is the bees knees!Belle Quesnel is the bees knees!Belle Quesnel is the bees knees!Belle Quesnel is the bees knees!

I was sick all weekend so I could relax in front of the computer the last four days, my grand total of leaves are unknown because of all the food I fed my pets, I would say about 1100 leaves caught on 8 accounts. I got - coats 31 - hats 44 - boots 43 - globes 17 - candle 30 - corn 17 - and the older items more than I wanted over a hundred of each.

They were harder to get but this is a bonus from [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate], we should not expect more. They do get us to be addicted to these contests. My DD was not patient enough to do this, so I did it for her.
Belle Quesnel is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #1170
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

I am adding my total right now, but as I am doing this, I think the 2 hours spent extra last night glitching my time and the leaves flying from midnight to 2 did not count. On one of the accounts that I had up still got certain items that I put on here and this morning there are none to be seen of those items on his account. So all the extra time was wasted O well
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
8 hours 2 leaves, come on leafs!, f l a m e d a n c e, go leafs go!, i can haz leaf?, i don't see leaves, leaf grief!, leaf hunt, oh my owls, what leaves?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: