Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #1151
grammiedkinz
Webkinz :)

grammiedkinz has disabled reputation

Default Re: Ganz Shakes the Trees and Extends Fall Fest Through Sunday

I believe that I write in hopes that someone from [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] actually sees and wants to know what works and what doesn't. My youngest grandson likes mazin' the best but he gave his computer time yesterday to try and catch some leaves. All he knew was the gifts and that they were supposed to come by. I wish he would have been lucky enough to have been thrilled to have caught some but he didn't get any; not one. I would never tell him when they were supposed to be falling so he could be disappointed. That happened without me. I am glad some people's grandchildren and children did make out better. I just wish it could have been that way for all of them.

Last edited by FIA; 09-27-2010 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: red ink is reserved for staff
grammiedkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #1152
Too-Wit Too-Woo
Gift Guru

jazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talent

So... I take it, that is it for fall fest?? le sob, le sob, le boo hoo hoo
I wasn't one of the lucky ones to find anything but food, but seeing as so many others didn't get anything either, then I guess I can be happy that I didn't miss out on something too fun, I missed out on nothing because there wasn't much there anyway Is that being a good sport? ;P
jazzinmarch is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #1153

icaman will become famous soon enough

I haven't written a post here in eons so I, too, hope no one minds my 5 cents (inflation, used to be 2 cents) (lol).

I see the whole Fall Fest with a slightly different angle. It boggles my mind how detailed WW is to begin with, the animation of pets and items, the colors, etc. So, I can only imagine how difficult it is to program such a site. My DH and I were talking about it last night, he is a computer guy, not a programmer, but he understands it well. Problems are just bound to happen and it is unfortunate. As WW continues to grow, problems will come up, there is just so much detail to it all. I see it as a programmers nightmare. I do my best to enjoy it for what it is. There is no real perferction in our world, let alone WW.

I did okay with the Fall Fest and enjoyed hanging out with friends and laughing about getting another squash or toque, but generally just enjoyed it for what it is, an imperfect computer playground. Oh, and we decided we would have an exchange day with each other too. So those who didn't get could receive a new item or whatever from someone else.

I, for one, think we are so spoiled here in North America. We want, what we want, when we want it, and when we don't get it we pout like children. Forgive me, I'm not trying to put anyone down, I've done it and still do it too. Perspective and acceptance of what is will make us all happier I think regardless of what was "promised" by WW or anyone.

Enough said by me. Thanks for reading my rambling post and may you all have a great week.

Hugs!
Jane the Cheese in WW
Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #1154
sdf9 has much to be proud ofsdf9 has much to be proud ofsdf9 has much to be proud ofsdf9 has much to be proud ofsdf9 has much to be proud of

Okay here are my thoughts and I hope the [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] lurker takes this to the after fest meeting. Yes the prizes were very cool it was our first fall fest so we very keen to get the leaves from my 4 year old to me! But we were gathered around the computer and the leaf time would come and go or the best tips had us sitting in a room doing nothing! And how long do you think my children wanted to stay on after that? The longest we stayed on was when once we were getting leaf after leaf for about an hour. It missed a cycle here and there but they were so excited when I would tell them 'okay watch for a leaf it is time!' and here came a leaf! What ever the prize there was the leaf! The thrill of the catch for my kids was the best part! But this magic hour only happened Friday evening. The rest....they were bored!
So here is my question what skin is it off the programmers back to keep the leaves on a regular schedule. Knowing several progammers I know they had to work MORE and HARDER to make the variations. This deliberate juryrigging of the system is what led to the glitches and problems. When we first came along for Winter fest we were stoked to get all the extras (every room had a winter plant) and once the programmers took the shackles off Goober my son loved racking up rockets to set off again and again.
In closing dear [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] programmers and you are dear to us, please keep the shackles off the goodies and set the floaters free on a predictable schedule that keeps the kids faces lit up!
sdf9 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #1155
95 wacky Records!
Gifted

dolphin95 swims in greatness
dolphin95 swims in greatness

This was by far the hardest click-to-win we have ever participated in, but it was fun to watch my daughter get excited when we saw a leaf. A few times, we could not click on the leaf, but most of the time we could. I think we found about fifteen leaves all total. Thankfully, she had no idea about how fast the leaves could have fallen. I think I'll keep her in the dark about that. That way, I know she will look forward to the next click-to-win.
dolphin95 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #1156
grammiedkinz

grammiedkinz has disabled reputation

I sort of wonder since Canada borders Maine and is also North America if they didn't make out so well either? Did it boil down to servers?
Just wondering...

Last edited by FIA; 09-27-2010 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: red ink is reserved for staff
grammiedkinz is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #1157
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Just my opinion...

I am one of the people that would like 1 of each item for all of my family's accounts (and I really dislike trading in the trading room--so that is not an option for me). This fall fest, I spent an average of 10 hours per day on WW with 6 accounts open (the first day, I spent that time on my 2 Asian accounts, before the US accounts started Fall Fest--so I spent 8 days of my life being totally disappointed). I did not get 1 of each new item for all of my family's accounts. I had to "settle" for 1 of each new item for my main account and 1 of each new item for my niece's main account. My family has 11 accounts and I am the person who has been taking care of all of them. My niece rarely plays anymore, but she still likes getting the new items (well, she likes me getting them for her! LOL!). I did win enough of the new lumberjack hats and boots, but very few jackets. I have to talk myself into being happy with what I was able to get, because I know there were many who got less. It is very disheartening (to me) to spend hours and hours and hours at the computer and get mostly cider and squash all week.

I would rather they only have the new items for Winterfest. Then I can get 1 of each of the new items for each account and be done with it. I loved last Winterfest because of that!! It really wears you down when trying to get 1 of each new item for each account and not being able to do that with spending about 80 hours at the computer during the week (with multiple accounts open). It was not fun for me. Saying it was a chore for me is not even correct. I enjoy doing chores more than this! I am sorry, but I do!

So for Winterfest, I hope they only have new items; but if they have old items, I hope the old items are the rare items!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #1158
Wacky luvz Jelly!

jellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicness
jellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicness

I had fun this fall festival. I found that I could play in my [notranslate]zum[/notranslate]'s room for a while and easily catch leaves there. In some other places, it was impossible to catch a leaf. And when doing a class, I had to decide if I wanted to risk failing the class for a possible globe - usually to fail the class for a squash food item. On four main accounts, I got a total of 150 leaves and 13 misses. I had a tie for first place with 23 ciders and 23 cornucopias. On my own account, I got at least one of each new item, and two water globes, so I will be able to give one to one of those accounts that didn't get one. My sister's account also got two globes, so she will send one to her son who didn't get any. It seemed like the leaves didn't really follow the timing program, so I tried to just do things that took me away from areas where docks are showing right after catching a leaf, and finish whatever it was quickly so that I would be ready when another leaf came. Of course, the weekend was rough. Lots of real life activities, and then trying to play the community challenge game as quickly as possible while racking up as many points as possible. After we achieved the challenge, I tried to have the windows open for my sister, her son, my friend, and one for the webkinz news search for the [notranslate]zum[/notranslate]. My great-nieces and great-nephew got excited when they saw a leaf, but they had no expectations, so they weren't disappointed. They had only had their accounts for a month or two, and they were quite excited when they saw the potted elm! They caught a couple of leaves during their limited time on the computer, and their grandma and I tried to get a few things for them at other times. (I did not include them in my four main accounts, but I got a water globe for one of them! I got a total of eight items for them.) Even with the problems with not being able to click sometimes, and wanting leaves to come more often, especially on the last day, I thought that this Fall Festival was a success. I look forward to the next big event - probably trick-or-treating! Now, back to some housework!
jellytab is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #1159

pagehanna knows the way
pagehanna knows the waypagehanna knows the waypagehanna knows the waypagehanna knows the way

The issues with Fall Fest bothered me far less when I finally stopped letting it bother me. I simply did what I usually do on WW and if a leaf came by, it was just a nice bonus. I won some gifts, some I didn't, but my girls and I have a few new things.
pagehanna is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #1160
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by icaman
I haven't written a post here in eons so I, too, hope no one minds my 5 cents (inflation, used to be 2 cents) (lol).

I, for one, think we are so spoiled here in North America. We want, what we want, when we want it, and when we don't get it we pout like children. Forgive me, I'm not trying to put anyone down, I've done it and still do it too. Perspective and acceptance of what is will make us all happier I think regardless of what was "promised" by WW or anyone.

That's me!! My husband spoils me!! I wasn't like that when I was a child!

Please remember the advertising on Webkinz Newz. They introduced all the NEW items for Fall Fest with large pictures of only the new items and they state: "You’ll find some old favorites, along with several new ones!" They do state there are 15 random prizes, but never do they warn you that all the new ones are RARE, with some being ultra-rare. They got my hopes up only to bombard me with old squash and cider most of the time.

We only expect the most out of WW because that is what they are advertising! (Like bigger and better parties for [notranslate]Zum[/notranslate] Buddies-- which is totally opposite from what the programmers actually did with the [notranslate]Zum[/notranslate] Buddies-- now we get way LESS zummies; not more, like their advertising would lead us to believe!)
They are the ones that get our hopes up!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Closed

Tags
8 hours 2 leaves, come on leafs!, f l a m e d a n c e, go leafs go!, i can haz leaf?, i don't see leaves, leaf grief!, leaf hunt, oh my owls, what leaves?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: