Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #1131
Sheryl is wacky!
Webkinz :)

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Ganz Shakes the Trees and Extends Fall Fest Through Sunday

View Post Originally Posted by KarynS
Sure it's our choice whether to sit there waiting for leaves, sure they don't "have to" do the festivals, but you know what, I agree with the person who said it's supposed to be FUN -- not a huge chore, and not a major disappointment. I'm an adult so I can just grin and bear it (ok, maybe not grinning so much) but I think it's awful for the kids who get all excited over nothing because they ended up with the same darn stuff from last year. Whoopee. I'm getting really short-tempered with [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate]/Webkinz these days. It was fun when it started out, and worth the money for the pets so we could play online. Now? It's all about how much more money can [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] **** out of us by putting all sorts of awesome things in the eStore and all the junk in the Wshop. I hate always telling my son and grandson "sorry, I can't afford to buy those things for you/us". I realize it costs [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] money to run the site, hence the things a person has to buy to have in thier rooms and yards, but good grief, how about a few nice things for people who can't afford the eStore? Now they've put Halloween items in the Wshop and big surprise, all stuff from last year there too. Whoopee. Really, this is beginning to be very disappointing on so many levels.
I agree esp. about the Halloween items. I bought tons last year and now, not only is it not worth anything, we have nothing new to look forward to. Why would I want to buy the same old things I bought last year. I certainly don't need another Halloween room.
slbradshaw is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #1132
Diabetes Awareness

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

I am totally trying to stay positive about this fall fest. This morning as I went through all my accounts to collect all my items I realized something. Last year I really would have liked to get more of the Pressed Leaf Wall Plates and the Wheat Sheafs. And guess what, now I have at least 20 of each. That is great. Those Wheat Sheafs are going to look great in my Halloween Yard.

I was lucky enough to get a few of each of the new items and will enjoy decorating with them. For now I will cherish the older items because they may not return next year. Just think somewhere back in time someone was complaining about getting too many Maple Leaf sweaters and Harvest Fruit hats.
Joani is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #1133
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by slbradshaw
I agree esp. about the Halloween items. I bought tons last year and now, not only is it not worth anything, we have nothing new to look forward to. Why would I want to buy the same old things I bought last year. I certainly don't need another Halloween room.
Because you aren't the only person on Webkinz World. There are a lot of new people who have joined who would like that stuff.
A couple of years ago we didn't even GET Christmas furniture. I happen to like the older stuff myself.
Besides, in using last year's furniture you save KC, isn't that what you want to do?? For new stuff coming in?

Fall Fest or ANY click event for that matter is NOT a guarantee. If you ever read the rules it says there is a CHANCE you might see a leaf fly by, click on it to get a cool gift. Not that it was an iron-clad lead-pipe cinch guarantee.
I had a very nice rep tell me this last year when I got all upset and indignant about the leaves not coming MY way.
I asked her 'What about the kids??'
She said she noticed a LOT of Adults asking that same question.
Dixiecup is online now Female
Old 09-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #1134
loony9083

momluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond reputemomluvswebkinz2 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, what about the kids? i don't know one that would sit here for 20min. let alone all day, just to get old stuff. my DD didn't do it once. i did all the sitting and watching. of course i'm paying for it today.LOL they need to make it FUN and exciting.
momluvswebkinz2 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #1135
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

It's not that I don't like the old stuff from last yr. , it's the excitement and anticipation of what new items are coming out.
slbradshaw is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #1136
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by slbradshaw
This is good for kids who did not have enough kc to get the whole theme last year can this year. Its not typical for there to be a lot of new things in special themes every year.

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Fall Fest or ANY click event for that matter is NOT a guarantee. If you ever read the rules it says there is a CHANCE you might see a leaf fly by, click on it to get a cool gift. Not that it was an iron-clad lead-pipe cinch guarantee.
I had a very nice rep tell me this last year when I got all upset and indignant about the leaves not coming MY way.
I asked her 'What about the kids??'
She said she noticed a LOT of Adults asking that same question.

This is wrong to me, why state you are having a celebration but not guarantee that "all" can participate. Thats just really not right if you ask me. It should be equal opportunity for all WW players to see leaves and participate. I am not a leaf watcher either...but really...I found that getting my fall festival items by other means was the answer and always is the answer...its stress free and fits into my computer schedule...of about 5 minutes.

Last edited by Tula; 09-27-2010 at 08:06 AM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #1137
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm happy with how fall fest did over all. Instead of getting mad and frustrated when leaves weren't flying I just did something else and really only searched for leaves when I knew I had a better chance. My kids only found a couple of leaves and only one got new stuff but they were happy. Didn't matter that is was old things or just food to them it was a fun bonus to get something free and that is how it should be.

Instead of complaining about what you didn't get be happy for what you did. Wasn't that long ago you didn't get anything. If you'd rather have no fall fest than one like this don't participate. Leave it for those of us that are willing to see it for what it is. A chance to get a little bonus item even if it's something we don't want. You think I want another toy dump truck from the prize claw? NO but that's just how it works out. You complain or you appreciate it for the free bonus it was and move on.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #1138
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

THANK you PooBears
Dixiecup is online now Female
Old 09-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #1139

mnmoose is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm very disappointed in Fall Fest this year. My son and I didn't get any of the new items. I hope [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] figures out the problems by next year.
mnmoose is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #1140
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

You're welcome. I'm not saying no one should vent, I do my share when it gets frustrating But don't wish it away for everyone because you aren't happy with it. Many of us are happy and even if we don't get what we wanted too we don't want to see it taken away.
Closed

Tags
8 hours 2 leaves, come on leafs!, f l a m e d a n c e, go leafs go!, i can haz leaf?, i don't see leaves, leaf grief!, leaf hunt, oh my owls, what leaves?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: