Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 01:06 AM   #1111
Webkinz :)
BBMommy has disabled reputation

Default Re: Ganz Shakes the Trees and Extends Fall Fest Through Sunday

My last prize was a gourd about 15 minutes ago. The sad thing is right as I got the blue screen with the "sorry can't connect to server" message a leaf floated across the screen. Of course it could not be clicked. I took a screen cap of it for memories sake. That moment right there pretty much summed up Fall Fest. lol

Have a good night everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #1112
Web Records!

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

View Post Originally Posted by BBMommy
My last prize was a gourd about 15 minutes ago. The sad thing is right as I got the blue screen with the "sorry can't connect to server" message a leaf floated across the screen. Of course it could not be clicked. I took a screen cap of it for memories sake. That moment right there pretty much summed up Fall Fest. lol

Have a good night everyone!
So very true!! What a great pic for Fall Fest memory!
WebCats139 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #1113
Banned
Happy3166 is a jewel in the roughHappy3166 is a jewel in the rough

I played every day for 15- 18 hours a day and still only got 2 tree globes! With 6 accounts ,not even one for each! At least I was able to get all the new items ,but the globes were my favorite! (I collect them in real life too!) Been trying to trade for them but no luck so far!
Happy3166 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #1114
grammiedkinz

grammiedkinz has disabled reputation

We cleaned the cache over and over. We tried other browsers and we spent hours. We got no new hats; 3 coats, 3 boots across multiple accounts. We live in Maine and it was not a good game for us. We have 3 households, 15 accounts between them... all but one is deluxe... most over 50 pets, at least 1 [notranslate]zum[/notranslate], most all magic forest estore charms, most have some if not many estore items; now almost all accounts have hamsters... Please can someone tell us why we do not deserve one of each fall 'festival' gifts?

Please do not use Red reserved for staffl
Webberlily

Last edited by Webberlily; 09-27-2010 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: removing red ink
grammiedkinz is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #1115

webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!webkinzgranny is not just visiting!

I haven't played webkinz for months for various reasons, one of which was sheer boredom. After almost 4 years of doing the same exact routine day after day and dealing with the endless glitches not getting fixed, I stopped playing, but I thought by doing the Fall Fest it would spark my interest in WW again, but sadly, it only reminded me of why I stopped playing to begin with. Over the last 3 days, I played intensely, and the only leaves I caught were 3 squash, 2 maple leaf plates, 2 potted Elms, and 1 of the new coats. Nothing else! Only 1 single new item after all of that time of playing. I can't begin to tell you how disppointed I am with this Fall Fest and it has best one of my favorite activites in WW in the past. Not only that, I lost several leaves to freeze ups, and I won't mention the times I was kicked out of WW. Try about every 1-3 minutes. Another thing, I have bee able to kinzpost for months. This is correct, it has been months. I called [notranslate]GANZ[/notranslate] about this so they checked my account and told me that this feature isn't working. NO, ya think? Why do you think I called you? They said that a lot of people are having problems and they are working on it. Okay, well, it's been MONTHS now, how long will this take? I was told that they didn't know and their service quite frankly, stunk. So, it's back to not playing again.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:43 AM   #1116
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

All of my complaints are submitted, not like they will listen to them anyways, cuz if they did they would have fixed it.
I made sure to submit one on all 7 accounts, maybe they will read one of them at least. They should reset the event for even a few days, with the programming fixed to make it fair.
The ones with thousands of leaves were on just as much as most of us on this thread, 16 hours a day for the entire 7 days and what to show for it maybe 200 items. I will count them in the morning. Finally going to bed, spent an hour writing our complaints.
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #1117

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by grammiedkinz
We cleaned the cache over and over. We tried other browsers and we spent hours. We got no new hats; 3 coats, 3 boots across multiple accounts. We live in Maine and it was not a good game for us. We have 3 households, 15 accounts between them... all but one is deluxe... most over 50 pets, at least 1 [notranslate]zum[/notranslate], most all magic forest estore charms, most have some if not many estore items; now almost all accounts have hamsters... Please can someone tell us why we do not deserve one of each fall 'festival' gifts?
Grammiedkinz, I urge you to copy and paste your post into the COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS section in each of your accounts and send them to [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate]. They need to read this 15 times !!

I cannot stress enough how pitiful I thought this year's Fall Fest was. I've been a WW member since 2007 and this is my fourth Fall Fest, so I don't expect much from [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] as they seldom get their logic and the programming right ~ but never did I expect so little and literally next to nothing on the new items.

Last edited by Webberlily; 09-27-2010 at 03:51 AM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #1118
phoenixRecords!

phoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicness
phoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicnessphoenixsprite is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by dawnscott1
All of my complaints are submitted, not like they will listen to them anyways, cuz if they did they would have fixed it.
I made sure to submit one on all 7 accounts, maybe they will read one of them at least. They should reset the event for even a few days, with the programming fixed to make it fair.
The ones with thousands of leaves were on just as much as most of us on this thread, 16 hours a day for the entire 7 days and what to show for it maybe 200 items. I will count them in the morning. Finally going to bed, spent an hour writing our complaints.
I could probably quote everyone on here who has made a good point about the fall fest. I don't know why [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] decided to have a supposed "lesser" flow for when kids are in school or whatnot... but whatever the reasons are... They should just let the leaves flow, especially since half the time when you click on them there is no response, they just keep flying off the screen.
There were times I was on for awhile with no leaves at all.

I agree they should extend the fall fest after fixing everything, and let the leaves flow. I can't believe some people have all kinds of items. I have 3 accounts, and hardly found any leaves at all, and hardly any new items. I didn't find any of the items and found maybe 1 coat and boots ???

And no offense to anyone, but... I think Everyone (each account) - whether they are deluxe or not - deserves at least one each of the new items. Obviously more than one would be nice, but, at least one for each would be fair to everyone.

And I'm also wondering about having multiple windows open. I found when trying to use Mozilla, I got the recently begun, "Sorry this plug-in has crashed" and a HUGE green and black page whose window refuses to close or respond...

Just some thoughts...
phoenixsprite is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 05:23 AM   #1119
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
It was [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate]'s intent to make ALL the new prizes rare. I don't know why. They said it was to peak our interest. It sure didn't peak my interest! It just made the whole festival frustrating. It would have been so much better if they didn't have old food items during the festival (which is what I received the most of). It would have also been better to only have 1 or 2 of the new items rare; that way, you would get a decent chance at a new item. The leaves were so few and far between that I found it insulting to keep getting cider and squash and old items almost every single time. The only good thing about today was that there wasn't any food items in the 5 prizes that were given out!

Instead of using this thread to be mad, let's use it to suggest what we would like to see next festival!

[notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate], if you are reading this:

1. Remember, most kids (and working adults) have very limited computer time. If they only have 1 hour a day to play, then they would have most likely seen only 0-2 leaves a day.

2. A lot of the leaves were un-clickable (either because of Please Wait... or because you have the leaves activate when we are switching pages and then the leaf is gone by the time we are on the next page...or just because we keep clicking on them and for no apparent reason they just keep flying across the screen)

3. Making all the new items RARE was a BIG mistake. It did not peak interest, only frustration. Most of your best customers were around last year for the festival and already have the old prizes. To only give them the same old prizes this year (which is what happened unless they were SUPER lucky or spent too many hours at the computer with multiple accounts open) was a bad move. Some of the disappointed customers will be moving on to other websites (this is not a threat, just on observation).

Next time, think of your best customers. Keep them happy and they will spend more money on Webkinz! Well, at least I will
Well said SnowCrystal. This entire fiasco was nothing but an exercise in customer abuse.

Why [notranslate]GANZ[/notranslate] continually tweaks their activities to take any inkling of fun away from it all the time is beyond my understanding. We know their mentality is that the longer they keep us in the site, the more likely we are to buy something (read: eStore or other). But if we're in the "store" why annoy us purposely like this? How is that going to encourage further spending?

This whole Fall "Bust" was just another reminder of why my family has pretty much lost interest in the site all together. When my kids started giving away their tag-less Webkinz pets to younger children in our neighbourhood, I actually felt kind of proud of them. They told me the reason they're doing this is so that these younger kids could "have the fun of playing with a nice toy without the frustration of having to play with it in the website."

WW has become nothing but a one-trick pony- it takes much but gives very little in return.

As a family, we really want to enjoy the site, and have fun in it... REALLY, we do. But playing in the site over the past few years is becoming nothing but an annoying chore... maybe this is what we need to remember to finally move on.

Last edited by likmfurry; 09-27-2010 at 05:28 AM..
likmfurry is offline Male
Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #1120

armysmurf is on a distinguished road

I am sorry for all of you guys in WW and WI that did not fair very well with the Fall Fest. I did not even attempt to get leaves yesterday. I did my eleven gardens (which happened to need harvesting) (getting ready for new halloween and xmas items to buy) so that took some time and I managed to get a couple of leaves. I ended up with a couple dozen of each of old stuff. I endid with 7 new coats, two hats, three galoshes, four candles, six corn displays, and one globe. But, I was able to go trading and ended up with a couple more globes. I figure over the next few months I will be able to trade for more. Dont worry, next year we will get this years prizes in plenty. I just hope and pray that winterfest is not this bad. I also hope that they do the ghost again this year, and Mrs. Birdy again for xmas.

Also, I have noticed that there were several ppl trying to pass of the globe of the new webkinz shop them as the fall globe, so all beware and make sure you know what the new one looks like vs the webkinz shop globe.
armysmurf is offline Female
Closed

Tags
8 hours 2 leaves, come on leafs!, f l a m e d a n c e, go leafs go!, i can haz leaf?, i don't see leaves, leaf grief!, leaf hunt, oh my owls, what leaves?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: