Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #61
Bunny Giraffes?
Webkinz :)

Grownup Giraffe is a glorious beacon of lightGrownup Giraffe is a glorious beacon of lightGrownup Giraffe is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Ganz Reveals Signature Australian Shepherd's PSI and PSF

The piano looks like fun- I wonder what music it plays? They *can't* give you a piano that doesn't play. Can't think what it has to do with the pet, though.
Grownup Giraffe is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #62
e want white wolf

WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!WolfPuppy is not just visiting!

The virtual pet is cute!
WolfPuppy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #63
jeanenehea
Banned
jeanenehea is the cats pajamas!jeanenehea is the cats pajamas!jeanenehea is the cats pajamas!jeanenehea is the cats pajamas!jeanenehea is the cats pajamas!jeanenehea is the cats pajamas!

i saw the virtual image for this thread and couldn't imagine what pet it was! Then to realize it was the Australian Shepherd I went gaga over... what a HUGE disappointment. Ganz, the plush and the virtual look NOTHING alike. How could you ruin such an adorable pet?!? I am NOT buying this pet. It was on my wish list, too. Sad.
What artist looked at the plush and thought this was a good likeness? They need better artists! Run it by a committee before approving such poor representations, Ganz. You lost my purchase.
Jeans
jeanenehea is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #64
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Gwenda
I think Ganz made this PSI cuz of the Sydney Opera House in Australia.........
Thanks for making that connection Gwenda. It's been driving me nuts. That is quiiiiiiite a stretch though - not a stretch by you, but by Ganz! LOL! I mean, this dog is a herding dog! It works on ranches. So, the whole Opera House thing just doesn't fit. There is a whole lotta Australia out there that has to do with ranches, "outback" and such that would represent this pet much better. Sydney is just one city on the coast. I lived in Australia's Outback for two years and believe me, it's HUGE!!! And I saw plenty of these dogs there - in dog shows, as pets, on farms, you name it. Even the food looks more representative of the pet than the PSI does.

For the PSI, they could have made a little group of mini sheep or horses or cattle - or even just one- that ran or made noise when the pet approached. Or part of an obstacle course that the dog could go through - like a hoop that the dog jumped through, a wall that it climbs, a tunnel it runs through, something like that, since they are good at agility courses too. They need to get more creative with the PSIs instead of spitting out different versions of the same things - pools, pianos, cars, couches. And for Pete's sake - put a little more effort into the virtual image of the animal - at the very least for the signatures... if you want us to shell out the extra dough, put forth the extra effort! Sheesh.

Last edited by kinzmom1924; 04-13-2011 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: wanted to clarify that the stretch was Ganz's and not Gwenda's, lol! :)
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #65

lmcolver is a jewel in the roughlmcolver is a jewel in the rough

I'm so disappointed in the virtual image. I had been looking forward to buying the Australian shepard webkinz since they first announced it. The plush is adorable, but the virtual looks nothing like an Australian shepard. I guess I won't be buying it now.
I don't understand how Ganz could invest so much effort and money in making thousands of beautiful Australian shepard plushies, but then not bother to make a well drawn virtual.
lmcolver is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:36 AM   #66
Call me Sydney!
Gifted

webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!webkinzlover397 is not just visiting!

I don't like the virtual image but I do like the plush and PSI/PSF so I will get the pet anyway.
webkinzlover397 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #67

adam196 will become famous soon enough

Talking Re: Ganz Reveals Signature Australian Shepherd's PSI and PSF

psi looks like a motor home i hope it is
adam196 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:08 AM   #68
Is a Ghostie

bunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socks

I LOVE that PSI!!!
bunnyberrtie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #69
brownie0101

brownie0101 is a jewel in the roughbrownie0101 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by dogsbestfriend
i love this dog its so adorable i am getting it for my Birthday!! Love it =) does anyone have a picture of what the plush looks like?
WI has a picture on one of its other posts
brownie0101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #70
:)

iNFiNiTY93 has a reputation beyond reputeiNFiNiTY93 has a reputation beyond reputeiNFiNiTY93 has a reputation beyond reputeiNFiNiTY93 has a reputation beyond reputeiNFiNiTY93 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by kinzmom1924
Thanks for making that connection Gwenda. It's been driving me nuts. That is quiiiiiiite a stretch though - not a stretch by you, but by Ganz! LOL! I mean, this dog is a herding dog! It works on ranches. So, the whole Opera House thing just doesn't fit. There is a whole lotta Australia out there that has to do with ranches, "outback" and such that would represent this pet much better. Sydney is just one city on the coast. I lived in Australia's Outback for two years and believe me, it's HUGE!!! And I saw plenty of these dogs there - in dog shows, as pets, on farms, you name it. Even the food looks more representative of the pet than the PSI does.

For the PSI, they could have made a little group of mini sheep or horses or cattle - or even just one- that ran or made noise when the pet approached. Or part of an obstacle course that the dog could go through - like a hoop that the dog jumped through, a wall that it climbs, a tunnel it runs through, something like that, since they are good at agility courses too. They need to get more creative with the PSIs instead of spitting out different versions of the same things - pools, pianos, cars, couches. And for Pete's sake - put a little more effort into the virtual image of the animal - at the very least for the signatures... if you want us to shell out the extra dough, put forth the extra effort! Sheesh.
But.. Australian Shepherds are originated in America, not Australia. They're Called Australian Shepherds because the settlers brought over some Australian Cattle to America and they had the dogs herding the Australian cattle, that's why they're called Australian Shepherds but they're really an American breed that's from America. Even if they're are a lot in Australia
iNFiNiTY93 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
alley&kate&ali

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: