Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

DogLoverHannah is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Ganz reveals information, images for first Webkinz Zodiac pet - Webkinz Taurus Bull!

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
There is no dog in this Zodiac
Opps I must be thinking of something else.

Well lets change that to I can't wait to see the other ones! Is cancer in the zodiac?

Last edited by DogLoverHannah; 04-13-2010 at 01:42 PM..
DogLoverHannah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #12

disneylisa has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Ganz reveals information, images for first Webkinz Zodiac pet - Webkinz Taurus Bull!

Now these look cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
disneylisa is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #13

DogLoverHannah is on a distinguished road

Well lets change that to I can't wait to see the other ones! Is Cancer in the Zodiac?
DogLoverHannah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
gianna1223

gg_galaxy2002 is just really nicegg_galaxy2002 is just really nice

Mine will be a goat! Well not sure how cute she will be..
gg_galaxy2002 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #15
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by DogLoverHannah

Well lets change that to I can't wait to see the other ones! Is cancer in the zodiac?
Yes, Cancer is the crab.
You must be thinking of the Chinese zodiac, and that has a dog (but no elephant).
big2gray is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #16

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by DogLoverHannah
You're thinking of the Chinese Calendar zodiac animals. In that particular calendar the animals rotate every year (i.e. this is the year of the Tiger, last year I think it was the rat).

The animals in the Chinese calendar are:
  1. Dog
    Tiger
    Rabbit
    Monkey
    Rat
    Dragon
    Ram
    Snake
    Rooster
    Pig
    Ox
    Horse - nearly forgot this one and it's mine.

So you are right, just not for the Greek/Roman Zodiac (Libra, Cancer, Aquarius, Virgo, Pisces, Capricorn, Aries, Gemini, Leo, Taurus, Scorpio and Sagittarius), which is where Ganz is going with their collection.

Personally, I wish they were using the Chinese ones as there are indeed 12 animals; however, I have a feeling because Ty used the idea sometime back for the Beanie Babies they were afraid there'd be arguments for copyright.

This goes doubly true as Cancer is a crab and Scorpio is a scorpion... let alone the issues with Virgo (which I could say who she is, but it'd be censored here), Libra (scales), Gemini (twins, which does this mean it'll be MORE because two pets would be needed, or odder, conjoined twins - contrary to the mythology?), and Sagittarius (half human/half horse). Aquarius at least can be interpreted as a beaver - mythology I believe it's a water beaver apparently.

(BTW, I don't follow any of this stuff, but it is fun to do the history on it. )

View Post Originally Posted by jadewarlock
You're thinking of the Chinese Calendar zodiac animals. In that particular calendar the animals rotate every year (i.e. this is the year of the Tiger, last year I think it was the rat).

The animals in the Chinese calendar are:
  1. Dog
    2. Tiger
    3. Rabbit
    4. Monkey
    5. Rat
    6. Dragon
    7. Ram
    8. Snake
    9. Rooster
    10. Pig
    11. Ox
    12. Horse

So you are right, just not for the Greek/Roman Zodiac (Libra, Cancer, Aquarius, Virgo, Pisces, Capricorn, Aries, Gemini, Leo, Taurus, Scorpio and Sagittarius), which is where Ganz is going with their collection.

Personally, I wish they were using the Chinese ones as there are indeed 12 animals; however, I have a feeling because Ty used the idea sometime back for the Beanie Babies they were afraid there'd be arguments for copyright.

This goes doubly true as Cancer is a crab and Scorpio is a scorpion... let alone the issues with Virgo (which I could say who she is, but it'd be censored here), Libra (scales), Gemini (twins, which does this mean it'll be MORE because two pets would be needed, or odder, conjoined twins - contrary to the mythology?), and Sagittarius (half human/half horse). Aquarius at least can be interpreted as a beaver - mythology I believe it's a water beaver apparently.

(BTW, I don't follow any of this stuff, but it is fun to do the history on it. )
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #17
Live,Love,Laugh

gamesareks is an unparalleled talent
gamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talent

Well now that was a nice surprise to see something other than a dog, at least each month will be a new pet and not just the same one only a different color. Yipee! I am so happy because the Taurus just happens to be my birthstone and I will be sitting with my finger on the "add to cart" button on May 1st. Thanks Ganz for finally getting one right.
gamesareks is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #18

whistler will become famous soon enough

Ahhhh~ He is so cute!!!!!
whistler is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #19
ant to be a Webkinz
Gift Guru

Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence
Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence

Not a Taurus but absolutely love this guy! My Elsie is gonna be happy to meet him.
Webkinz_Lovers is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

Weirdly cute! LOL. Capricorn (the goat) better be good!
MissPuppy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
christmascheer was here!, zomg cow fan club

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: