Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #71
soteeny1 is a
Gift Guru

TeenieKinz is just really niceTeenieKinz is just really nice

Donation Award 
Default Re: Ganz Retires 5 More Webkinz, Some Not Even Released!

all i have to say is this is NOT FAIR GANZ! we are not made of money....
TeenieKinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #72
^Look up!^
Webkinz :)

366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold

Nooo!!!!! I wanted the toucan!
366100068 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #73
Meadowlark

It seems likely that these decisions have to do with a combination of a desire to maximize profits and certain production issues.

The retirement of certain pets may be due to the fact that the quantity of each pet that must be produced to fill the demand is staggering and Ganz may not be able to find enough manufacturers who can handle the volume needed without sacrificing quality. Certain pets are also harder/more expensive to produce than others.

However, the number of new pets being released can only be attributed to a marketing strategy.

In the past many retailers found themselves with large amounts of older pets that weren't selling. The 2 for 1 sales and Webkinz Day Extravaganza event helped retailers unload a lot of these overstocked pets.

It seems logical that increasing the number of new pets will continue to drive the volume of sales up while at the same time avoiding the over-supply of any one pet that caused problems for retailers in the past.

There is a minimum that even small shop owners must meet for their orders. Ordering a smaller number of each pet from a larger assortment is certainly preferable to having to order a larger number of only a few pets.

These are just my thoughts. I have no way of really knowing why Ganz makes the decisions they do!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #74
vegas999
Gift Guru

vegas999 will become famous soon enough

I don't understand why they are retiring pets that just come out and haven't even came out yet they should retire the older ones first.I can't continue to spend so much money on Webkinz.I have been limiting to around 2 per month with the increasing gas prices and food prices.I can't afford to buy more than that anymore.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #75
puppy99980
Gifted

morganhorse12345 is on a distinguished road

Ganz REALLY needs to think more.
They just can't come up with an idea then throw it down the drain!!!
Thats probably the only thing that ticks me off about them.
They should just make limited edition webkinz for goodness-sake...
Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #76
hirodragonstar
Gifted

vertalus is on a distinguished road

not cool one bit! They need to retire the old before retireing the not even out yet.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #77

Blinky is on a distinguished road

What in Webkinz World is going on? We have waiting patiently for the Toucan and the Croc. Now I won't even be able to buy them? Or does that mean they will release one shipment? Why tell us about them if we won't be able to buy them? Isn't that false advertisment? Does anyone know the true story behind all this mess? Is it because all the factories in China were destroyed? Thats what I heard but not from what i would consider a good source.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #78
new webkinz

i have old pets and retried pets im wanted a rottier and tocan n ow now now now now if ganz is not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #79
teddy2972
teddy297 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update, cause this is pretty annoying. At this rate, I might just quit trying to collect Webkinz because there is no way they should be able to retire the new webkinz in order to make newer ones as they so say is necessary. This is garbage that they keep feeding us. Good luck to Ganz with this stunt, but they won't get much of my buisness anymore!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #80
geckogurl18
Gift Trainee

azureskies is on a distinguished road

*kicks Ganz*
Closed

Tags
more retirements =[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: