Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #41
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

Default Re: Ganz Retires 5 More Webkinz, Some Not Even Released!

ganz is worried about profits for ebay sales ect. they are giving these people free rain with this retirement stuff to ask way over what ganz is making -- I think they are going in the oposite direction then trying to keep a handle on scalper type people.

what are they thinking... kaching, kaching -- if they think they are going to get more -- wait I guess people will buy them. I am not a big collecter but was looking forward to the toucan and the alligator.. I wonder if we will even see them.. who knows..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #42
GreenPunk

I have a question: Why doesn't Ganz retire the older ones from 2005 and 2006?! I mean, these early retirements are crazy!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #43
I'm a dancing
Gift Guru

1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold1220panda is a splendid one to behold

ganz needs to slow down! those are the reasons I'm getting closer to quitting! I'm that close!
1220panda is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #44
ADHpower

It's really a shame. I'm sure it's all to get us to buy more. But how can ANYONE keep up anymore!! I'd rather 1-2 new ones a month. First 11 new releases for August, then the new trading cards, figurines, and now this... I wanted the toucan, but was going to wait and not buy any next month, because there are quite a few I like in August, and I just can't afford to buy them all. Not with gas prices what they are right now. I guess I'll really have to think hard about which ones I want the most, because I can no longer get all of them (not that I wanted all, but I did like 6 of the new ones). But to retire them this quick. It just doesn't make sense. I wonder if we'll even see them in the stores. The stores here in this area, are just finally getting the June pets. They seem to go to the big chain stores first (like Justice) and then the smaller business stores last. And a lot of the smaller business owners aren't going to get them anymore, because by the time they get the new ones in, they've been out in other stores for several weeks. So no one buys from them anymore. Personally, I'm not going to buy mine from the big chains anymore like Justice, Limited, too, and FYI. For one thing, they are too high priced, and I just don't think it's fair to the little business owners. I'll just wait longer. I love webkinz, but I don't like Ganz's tactics at all.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 AM   #45
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

That is not cool at all.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #46
Gifted

obsessive is a name known to allobsessive is a name known to allobsessive is a name known to all

Are the crocodiles and Toco Toucans still being sent to retailers though? Homecrafters, my Webkinz Shop, had the Lil Kinz Unicorn there so if the Toucan and Crocodile retired itll definitely have them.

Unless it was not sent to them.... then we have a prolem.

Thanks for the info Justin!

♥obsessive♥
obsessive is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #47
icked!
Gift Guru

mumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond reputemumsey321 has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

Wow! I already felt like Ganz was using these early retirements we've seen lately to push sales, but I never expected them to retire pets before they even became available. If Ganz is retiring these pets due to some unexpected glitch or production problem, they should make a statement to that effect, otherwise they will have many unhappy and angry customers. It makes me feel a little exploited by the company, but you know what? We saw some American Cocker Spaniels in the local Hallmark Tuesday, so...yup, I'm going back today to see if they're still there! And that's what they're counting on, isn't it???
mumsey321 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #48
Gift Guru

wendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

Maybe they should stop saying "retired" and just say "canceled." Maybe they should reduce the massive amount of new products and return to the old days of moderation?
wendypie is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #49
Webkinz :)

[xo] lipgloss has disabled reputation

WOW- Extremely WOW! I am so surprised that they would do this. I have a feeling they're going to be retiring a lot more of them now

♥ Glossy
[xo] lipgloss is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #50
Gift Guru

wendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

Good question re: stock market. Does anyone know if Ganz is a publicly traded corporation?
wendypie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
more retirements =[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: