Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #111
Call me MP!
Gift Guru

mpsinger is just really nicempsinger is just really nice

Default Re: Ganz Retires 5 More Webkinz, Some Not Even Released!

I cant believe that! Its so strange!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #112
Webbie Lover

I know! So strange! They retire new ones - to make more new ones. It makes no sense! And I in fact liked the Samoyed.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #113
Webkinz :)

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

This is how I see this retirement; Ganz knows that it is hard to get some of the pets that just come out, so they are retiring them quickly to cut down on the number of people that have them, so when they decide to make them the Pet of the Month there won't be many out there.

That is just my opinion, maybe right, maybe wrong, who knows?
Jazzykinz :rdr:
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 06-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #114

crazymonkeyz is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm sooo mad they retired them!!!!! they just shouldn't be doing this without a reasonable explaination.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:39 PM   #115
T0MMY! xD
Gifted

sp0ngeb0br0cksny is just really nicesp0ngeb0br0cksny is just really nice

Wow! I wasn't suprised about the Striped Snake because it came out this month but the Toco Toucan and Crocodile?! Now they are going overboard! It's bad enough they release and retire some in the same month.. but now before it even comes out?! That's ridiculous.. GANZ is getting on my nerves now!
sp0ngeb0br0cksny is offline Male
Old 06-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #116
jcdist2000
Gift Guru

jcdist2000 is a name known to alljcdist2000 is a name known to alljcdist2000 is a name known to all

is the lil kinz b/w cheeky dog going to be coming out in july/aug? I see on ebay they are selling them. thanks!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #117
staceyd
tinkerbell520 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool Re: Ganz Retires 5 More Webkinz, Some Not Even Released!

I am sad that there is a possibilty that people may not be able to get their hands on the toucan and the alligator. Shame on you, Ganz! I think Ganz is being greedy. How in the world can you retire something that isnt yet available??? I am very disappointed right now! I really wanted the tocan and alligator-hopefully I will find them.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #118
ThePsyChic1
Gifted

ThePsyChic1 is on a distinguished road

:acs:That is one of the meanest things I've heard of on Webkinz, and it's usually a really nice site!!!! Luckily for me, when a Webkinz retires, they're in stores months after they retire in my area. They're still selling Gorilla's at one store!:leoliz:
Old 06-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #119
Lil Kinz

lemondude88 is an unknown quantity at this point

:toucan:this is so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and i was really looking forward to the toco toucan and alligator......ganz is for doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o well i WILL find a way to get at least one of these webkinz(preferably the toucan:toucan
thats wat i say.-
~lemondude~

chowder(my chicken) says hi to everyone!!!:bokbok:
Old 06-29-2008, 07:19 AM   #120
kelziewebkinz
Gifted

Kelzie is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by greenbean
I would think this is a definate marketing ploy to continue driving sales with the economic principle supply vs. demand, probably in an effort to increase future pricing. My first thought when they retired the elephant while it was still the POTM was somewhat along the same lines, I would assume that sales lag for that particular pet following their time in the spotlight as POTM. Of course, I don't have any first hand data, this is just my assumption. Is Ganz stock traded in the US stock market? I may have to check in to that if I can pause my efforts to get that darn Polar Plunge trophy!!

Thank you for the "Insider News"

"Greenbean"
This is getting ridiculous. My first thought is that they're doing this now just to get attention, although Greenbean phrases the situation a lot better.
I KNOW that they are a business and need to get money to *stay* in business, but I'm getting quite sick of their antics, especially considering that I can't afford Webkinz if they cost any more (the KinzStyle clothes and charms are bad enough...)
Kelzie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
more retirements =[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: