Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 02:25 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow Ganz Retires 5 More Webkinz, Some Not Even Released!

We thought that it was really strange that the Black & White Cheeky Dog and Webkinz Rhino were retired a few weeks back. "Such new Webkinz, I'm surprised!" is what most of us thought or said.

Well, here's an even bigger surprise.... Ganz has retired 5 more Webkinz this month, all are new Webkinz and two haven't even been released yet! Yep, you read that right, two unreleased Webkinz are already on Ganz's retired list sent to retailers!

The retirements are the Webkinz Striped Snake, Webkinz American Cocker Spaniel, Webkinz Toco Toucan, Webkinz Crocodile, and the Webkinz Leopard Lizard.

This information has been confirmed and, while it will likely not be reflected in Webkinz World now (especially with the unreleased pets), we assure you that it will be!

Click the image to open in full size.

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #2
GreenbeanFaith
Webkinz :)

greenbean is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Ganz Retires 5 More Webkinz, Some Not Even Released!

I would think this is a definate marketing ploy to continue driving sales with the economic principle supply vs. demand, probably in an effort to increase future pricing. My first thought when they retired the elephant while it was still the POTM was somewhat along the same lines, I would assume that sales lag for that particular pet following their time in the spotlight as POTM. Of course, I don't have any first hand data, this is just my assumption. Is Ganz stock traded in the US stock market? I may have to check in to that if I can pause my efforts to get that darn Polar Plunge trophy!!

Thank you for the "Insider News"

"Greenbean"
greenbean is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 AM   #3
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Holy cow! Thanks for the update also soo early in the morning!
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
Kylieroo17

Kylieroo is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, that is so wrong! Now they're going to cost more on ebay, and that's where I get all my webkinz! That seems like a cheap marketing ploy to me. You can't retire something before you release it!
Kylieroo is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 06:02 AM   #5

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

I knew that the top four were retiring since yesterday when I told Justin but the Leopard Lizard is retired so maybe if they make a Lil'Kinz they will retire it. The Toco Toucan and Crocodile must retire when they first come out. I don't get it: why retire the Lil'Kinz White Mouse? The Lil'Kinz is so popular that if I go to the mall I can not find it in one single store. In Checkerbells, it was gone when they first got it! Instead they want to retire the American Cocker Spaniel which is also popular because its not seen in Checkerbells and at the mall so Ganz just wants to get their money to... make all those Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, Figures, Trading Cards, and Clothing for August. The Striped Snake also is popular so I was thinking that it will retire very soon since the recent Tiger Snake did but I can't find it anywhere (in Checkerbells and mall).
Webkinz Mania is offline Male
Old 06-26-2008, 06:10 AM   #6
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

well i expected it...lol....but i am kinda mad...now i gotta go get the ones i like! geesh! well thanks for informing us justin
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 06:12 AM   #7
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Oh man, I want the American Cocker Spaniel! Luckily, I didn't care for any of them but the Cocker! I need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #8
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

This is insane.... totally insane...

I wanted the toucan really bad, and they retire it 2 months before it comes out!!! Grrrr.... not happy with ganz right now.

On a brighter note, thanks for the info justin.
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 AM   #9
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

WOW...really. WOW! I am glad I had the foresight to pick up the ones that have been released. I wonder if we will even see the Toco Toucan or the crocodile in the stores. I guess that would explain why no-one has posted that their new pet adoptions have been best friends with either of the unreleased pets. That's too bad, I have a little boy who was truly interested in the crocodile. I was actually very pleased with Ganz for their ability to diversify and create new animals.
It's funny we were allowed to purchase their pet food from the W-Shop a couple of weeks back. Even though we never saw the virtual images, the descriptions were right there.
Do you suppose that they retire animals based on whether or not they work in the system? Look at how much trouble there was when the snake first was introduced. It too almost a week before that first adoption was actually valid for the user. If their 'testcolour' pets are not working, maybe they are opting for the path of least resistance. People buy the pet, the pet does not work with the system, Ganz gets calls from angry customers to fix this problem...makes sense to me. BUTthe Spaniel and the lizard don't seem to be causing nearly as much programming conflict because their programming is similar enough to the animals we are already familiar with.
I do agree with Greenbean. The POTM being retired so quickly after being instated suggests pushing sales of a less than desirable pet. Most of the pets that have been higlighted have been their 'run-of-the-mill' pets. The only one that I thought wasn't was the Chihuahua, but that is just a personal preference. Next months' cheeky Monkey...I guess we will have to see.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 06-26-2008, 06:40 AM   #10
Edward Cullen is soo
Gifted

chica_96 will become famous soon enough

I am angry at Ganz for doing that. I wanted the American Cocker Spaniel because that was my dream dog. Even though I probably wouldn't have gotten any of those webkinz I am dissappointed that ganz doesn't let people get the chance to receive a pet. If they wanted to get rid of pets they should get rid of the old ones that no one cares much for. But since I only get webkinz on christmas and my birthday, I probably wouldn't get one anyway.
chica_96 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
more retirements =[

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: