Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Ganz Responds to Retailer Questions Regarding October Pets

A new front page story has been added:

Ganz Responds to Retailer Questions Regarding October Pets

Click the image to open in full size.
We know many of you have been wondering what is going on with the release of the October Webkinz. As you may remember, Ganz originally said the Papillon Dog and Billy Goat would be in the batch, but then that changed to the Pink Punch Cheeky Dog and Springbok. Now we are getting reports from our members that all four pets are available for purchase in stores.

Robert, from our partner store, Ameriwade, has been working to get answers. On Friday, his sales rep told him that the Papillon Dog and Billy Goat were not scheduled for October release. Since we already have reports here on Webkinz Insider of members adopting the pets, he kept digging. On Monday, he got a statement from Ganz that said the Papillon Dog and Billy Goat are "exclusive" pets to a particular store, but Ganz wouldn't tell him which store. Unfortunately, that appears to be the only information Ganz is willing to release at this point.

In the past, Ganz has made a handful of pets "exclusive" to Hallmark, Justice, Cracker Barrel, and Palmer Marketing Group. The large chains get exclusive rights to sell the pets for several months before smaller boutiques are given the option to order them. As of now, we don't know which store has the "exclusive" for these pets, or when the pets may be available to all stores.

UPDATE: According to reports from our members, the Billy Goat and the Papillon Dog are both being sold at Justice, Carlton Cards, and the Chapters/Indigo/Coles family of book stores. Also, the Billy Goat is being sold at Hallmark.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

Galadriel has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Ganz Responds to Retailer Questions Regarding October Pets

I got my billy goat at Hallmark yesterday. I didn't see a Pappillon dog there though.
Galadriel is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
#1Michael Landon fan

#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent

Aww, my hallmark doesn't have then
#1NFL FAN is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #4

Pengo is a glorious beacon of lightPengo is a glorious beacon of light

Why would Ganz give a chain exclusive rights to sell a certain pet....and then refuse to tell anyone which chain it was? How does that even make sense? Did anyone at Ganz ever take a single marketing class in their lives? It sure doesn't seem like it...
Pengo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
Avengers!

I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!I LOVE KINZCOIN is headed for the top!

I've seen the Billy Goat at hallmark but I'm not sure I saw the doggy
I LOVE KINZCOIN is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
ishing for vacation!
Gift Guru

Jenn is sweet stuff
Jenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuff

I saw the Papillion Dog and Billy Goat at Justice on October 1st, but no Springbok, though sometimes animals come in later than the 1st.

In my area, only certain Justice stores now carry the new Webkinz... of 5 area stores, only 2 now are still getting new ones, and only 1 is "near" where I am.
Jenn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #7

Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest
Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest

I definitely have seen the papillion dog and the glitzy dragon at Justice stores

And the justice store that had the papillion had a lot of them too
Denimbutterfly is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
joi

joi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicness
joi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Pengo
Why would Ganz give a chain exclusive rights to sell a certain pet....and then refuse to tell anyone which chain it was? How does that even make sense? Did anyone at Ganz ever take a single marketing class in their lives? It sure doesn't seem like it...

I agree, it makes no sense. How can people go buy them if they don't know which store is selling them?
joi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #9
#1Michael Landon fan

#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent

Ganz has gone WAYYYYYYYYYYY to far this time. I am SICK of them doing stupid stuff like this.
#1NFL FAN is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
Pokemon time!

lazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to all
lazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to alllazygal is a mentor to all

Thank you for the info FIA!
lazygal is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bad marketing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: