Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #21
onderful World!
Gifted

ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!

Default Re: Ganz Removes W Tales Stories from Kinzville Times

What a great alternative!
ArtySmarty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

ALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to behold

Ganz certainly is turning into a greedy monster. I am finding I can do without them more and more--and enjoying things that I used to enjoy before I became a WW addict. And there are plenty of free games on facebook for when I really need a virtual reality fix!
ALBERTIII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #23

bcrossing is on a distinguished road

I know of teachers who use Webkinz as a reward for work accomplished or an incentive for those with special needs.

I am hoping they will place the books in a separate library area, but am guessing they would have done that already and announced the change of placement when the tales were removed from the newspaper.

How sad that Ganz has taken one more thing away. But, I must admit it doesn't surprise me. Ganz seems to be making one poor decision after another lately........

Thank you so much WI for saving these stories and making them available for future use!
bcrossing is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #24
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

Well this doesn't surprise me. It's been clear for some time that Ganz has lost site of their "supposed" target base of children, and are now looking for pure profit any way they can get it from the parents.

I'm a HUGE supporter of reading for young children. I volunteer at our military base once a month to read to 4th graders and I always ask them to read a book before I return. During the break after I read they share their stories and I praise them up and down for the accomplishment. The teacher tells me that just that little encouragement motivates her class to read at least one book a month.

We've made reading a priority with our own two children and they are now both in college, both on the Dean's list, and both greatful that reading was a large part of their childhood. It breaks my heart to see WW take any part of a reading program out of their options but like I said, children don't have credit cards so why bother right Ganz?

Looks like I'll have to add "Bring back the books!" to my daily "Bring back the Family Deluxe option!" in the newspaper's comment section.
mulberry59 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #25
Gift Guru

peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!

Once again to the rescue!!
Thanks for every thing you do and that your members can count on for most of our needs!!!!

~peace~
peace1430 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #26
arrior of RiverClan

Hawktalon is a glorious beacon of lightHawktalon is a glorious beacon of lightHawktalon is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that ! The WTales are great, even though they're short!
Hawktalon is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #27
hat happened?
Gift Guru

Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness
Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness

Come on, GANZ! It's bad enough we've got to spend more real money on Deluxe memeberships, without having to spend more WW KC on books!! What is going on with you people? Hooray for WI, WI saves the day and our KC!!
Isabelle123 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #28
I'm Ninja :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

oh thats good thanks everyone who did that for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #29
I loves pigs and

Super Pig is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Pig is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Pig is a glorious beacon of light

Talking Re: Ganz Removes W Tales Stories from Kinzville Times

Awesome! I LOVE Alex the Brave!!! It was the First W-Tales story I ever read!
Super Pig is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #30
kittymasty

Kiera495 is on a distinguished road

That's a real bummer. They took away the Webkinz Contests too. But I guess they can't have the Communal Contests and the Webkinz Contests.
Oh well! Thanks WI for the virtual library. Really helps alot.
Kiera495 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: