Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Ganz Removes W Tales Stories from Kinzville Times

A new front page story has been added:

Ganz Removes W Tales Stories from Kinzville Times

Click the image to open in full size.Many of you have noticed that Ganz has made some changes to the Kinzville Times, Webkinz World's in-game newspaper. One of those changes was to remove nearly all of the W Tales stories that players used to be able to read for free. Some of these stories are still contained in books that can be purchased in the wShop, or selected after entering a bookmark code, but most of them are no longer available in Webkinz World.

For those of you who hadn't had a chance to read these stories, we've got some fantastic news. Webkinz Insider has a "virtual library" containing all of the Webkinz World stories. Just click HERE to visit the Webkinz Insider WIki to read all about Arte, Plumpy, Ms. Birdy, and the other Webkinz World characters and their fantastic adventures.

For more information about the Webkinz Insider WIki, including how to become a contributor, please visit the WIki discussion area of our forum, located HERE.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

Melabella is a glorious beacon of lightMelabella is a glorious beacon of lightMelabella is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Ganz Removes W Tales Stories from Kinzville Times

WOW, my first first post!

All I can say is yet again, because of Webkinz Insider, we can still enjoy all these stories, without having to pay for them! My DD loves these stories, I remember the first time she started reading them when we joined in 07, she was just starting to read, and we read them together. Wonderful memories.

Thanks again Webkinz Insider,
You are the BEST!
Melabella
Melabella is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
OnlineMommie is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much, I know my daughter really enjoys reading those. WI, you are such a great resource for all of us and we REALLY APPRECIATE YOU!

Not to worry though, those previously free stories will probably show up in the e-store so we can buy them!!!

OnlineMommie
OnlineMommie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

Well thank goodness for WI is all I can say!!! After the whole Family Deluxe fiasco, I cannot believe they are removing even MORE of the free features. Including stories with several parts that many kids might have been in the middle of!!! How inconsiderate. I am so happy this community is here to pick up the slack when Ganz makes hasty or strange decisions that might otherwise leave people out in the cold.
alleine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #5

abbjs has a reputation beyond reputeabbjs has a reputation beyond reputeabbjs has a reputation beyond reputeabbjs has a reputation beyond reputeabbjs has a reputation beyond repute

How wonderful of to do this for all of us. You have come to our rescue so many times and continually I'm blown away with each new revelation of this great organization.

It's unthinkable that Ganz is taking away an important part of our children's "learning" on their site, but, who knows we might see some new story books in the estore so that we have to pay for them. That would fit in with the way Ganz is handling things.
abbjs is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

i wish i could say im surprised. but its typical for them to be so sneaky and rude with their choices............... the one fun and relaxing thing i liked to do now is taken away. i looked forward to the new chapters each week. it made my webbies come alive for me. i cant imagine how the little ones will feel about this.

i know that these will show up in the estore................. its not good enough for free, but its good enough for money. nothing surprises me with what they do anymore and im getting so very, very alienated and resentlful and sad with all the lack of manners shown by ganz with ww.

i want to VERY VERY MUCH THANK wi for putting the stories up here for us to still enjoy. that was very considerate of you all. ganz can take some lessons from wi...................
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:10 AM   #7
Gifted

BloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roost

Thanks WI!!!!
BloogleJ is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #8
sarab7387 has a reputation beyond reputesarab7387 has a reputation beyond reputesarab7387 has a reputation beyond reputesarab7387 has a reputation beyond reputesarab7387 has a reputation beyond reputesarab7387 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by alleine
Well thank goodness for WI is all I can say!!! After the whole Family Deluxe fiasco, I cannot believe they are removing even MORE of the free features. Including stories with several parts that many kids might have been in the middle of!!! How inconsiderate. I am so happy this community is here to pick up the slack when Ganz makes hasty or strange decisions that might otherwise leave people out in the cold.
I totally agree that this is really a bad decision. I sent them an email from ww world and told them my displeasure and encouraged them to bring them back or to open a ww library. I also stated for all of ww not deluxe or e-store.
sarab7387 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #9

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

Can I rant?

Well, first off thank you Webkinz Insider for posting up the stories for everyone who will still want to read them, you are a lifesaver.

I am really surprised how Ganz removed the W-Tales section and I agree how it is annoying how they remove the "free" and "extra" features, like this and the Family Deluxe.

Weren't they showing ads to read stories before? I bet some kids will be like: "Where are the W-Tales" and then, they'll go to the W-Shop and see that there are barely any W-Tales and if there are W-Tales, they probably own them already (they seriously need to release more books etc.)

I mean, seriously Ganz? This is bad and I agree with whoever said the stories may end up in the eStore, they may rely on that. Next, I bet they will make Wish Tokens for eStore. Why don't they make a different world for them, because I want more stories in the W-Shop and not the eStore or wherever else.
Webkinz Mania is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:19 AM   #10
Banned
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish

Peh, if these go in the Estore, then I will be so angry! D=
Soon enough we'll have to pay to actually LOG IN to WW.
WolvesRGr8t is offline Male Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: