Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 01:39 AM   #471
mygracie1999
Webkinz :)

i love cats has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Ganz Releases More Information on Christmas Gift Delivery

still no gift hopefully will be here soon going to check my lil sis account
i love cats is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #472
e had a few naps!

Muddy will become famous soon enough

No gifts here on our American accounts as of this moment. Disappointed but hopeful that I'll see our gifts in the morning!

Odd how they gave out a variation of gifts this year. Not crazy about that-but oh well-cute stuff none the less...
Muddy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:50 AM   #473

CrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to behold

THANK YOU GANZ!!!

...for all of your hard work on Christmas!

Last edited by cocoabean; 12-30-2009 at 01:39 AM..
CrimsonTwilight is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #474
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Mom of Twizzlerz here

People want to vent. Say "I'm in that boat, too."

Very understandable. That is why the thread grew so fast.

They at least saw some of the explanation to get to the thread.
And the gifts are great.
It's just the hurt/anxiousness/disappointment of the youngsters today feeding the fire.

Being dismissive of those feelings just makes it worse.

Yes, things may well be there tomorrow. That said and accepted.
---------------

That doesn't fix the frustration of adults over the disappointment of the children.
The "I just have to check"s heard all afternoon and evening.
I'm sure alot of it is wanting to be sure Ganz sees all the steam rising and hoping some year
it will have an impact.

And I have no sympathy for the programmers.

I programmed & was Sr. Analyst in high security / critical systems for years.
Husband works on hospital systems.
It's called testing & analyzing.
We did it in school - our grades were based on how often the prof could break our code.
We [class] were gooood. But people are no longer trained as they once were.
If I goofed, I stayed on my dime until it was fixed. Have stayed 75 hrs straight helping others
fix their goofs and testing everything again.
Husband has often worked 100+ hour wks fixing 3rd party pkgs.
Just saying I know of what I speak. It is part of the job.

Unfortunately, from this and recent past it seems Ganz does not test things well, if at all.
Thank goodness they don't work on critical systems.

When somethiing happens give real explanations,
especially where youngsters are involved.
At least they did say they goofed today. Last Sunday they didn't.
They did the right thing by extending that contest, but not in explanation given.
The "Santakinz oversleeping & personally delivering" was the icing on the cake.
Unnecessary and obviously not true. Too open to misinterpretation by the
younger set. A little more care in wording, and a bit more truth.

--------------------------------
So let us vent, then retire with some stress relieved.
It's a big boat & the sun will rise [if not shine] tomorrow.

And it really is just the start of the Christmas season - which runs to Little Christmas.
A peaceful season to all.
Twizzlerz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #475
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Thank you Jennielou for the update..we still have 6 NA accounts without gifts....Hope they will all be in the docks in the morning!!
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #476

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Wink Re: Ganz Releases More Information on Christmas Gift Delivery

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFanOfFun
Please dont be negative! Its fun having to choose your gift!
There are definitely two sides to this one. Yep it was fun going to SantaKinz room and choosing your own gift, but it is very disappointing when it takes forever for the "follow through". I think Ganz should re-think this one, as it ends up being a LOT of extra work for their employees who should be at home with their families. Do the "one gift for all" and have it sent on time, and Ganz will have loads of happy people instead of disgruntled ones. If they do the 12 days of Christmas thing again next year, keep the SantaKinz room going, but have Ms Birdy in there at all times, so everyone has a chance of finding her.
flutterby7 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:14 AM   #477
Gifted

MamaWolf will become famous soon enough

Luckily I have no "little ones" mine are all bigger than I am now... I happen to be the one disappointed, none of our accounts, all NA, recieved their presents... I too hope that tomorrow brings a package for my poor webbies.

Good night all!!!
MamaWolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:18 AM   #478

1Aramus is just really nice1Aramus is just really nice

My granddaughters did not go in the Santakinz room on their accts. And I totally forgot to remind them (shame on me) Is that the only way everyone got a Christmas gift this year??
I really don't remember now. Sure would appreciate it if someone could tell me. Thanks.
1Aramus is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:25 AM   #479
Unregistered

You get a random gift (of the 3 choices) if you didn't visit Santakinz.

Hopefully we'll all have our gift boxes tomorrow morning. Too bad this didn't go as they planned. Cute idea; it must have been a bit more complicated than they thought.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:30 AM   #480
1collector
Gifted

wkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clownwkwcollecter is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

I understand that alot of little ones were dissapointed. I too have a little one that did not recieve her gift. However, even the little ones know that webkinz is a GAME. It is not real life, it is a virtual GAME. Most of the children know already that in the GAME of webkinz sometimes things break. Things break and you go on with playing. Although I agree that Ganz does not test thier new programing well enough, and that they may have overshot with trying to add so many new features this year. You have got to commend Ganz for trying to make the holliday more enjoyable for everyone.

For those of you that were around other years for christmas, do you not remember only getting a couple gifts on christmas day, and only if you logged in to get them in time? This year, they gave everyone a CHANCE to get 12 gifts from ms birdy, and even though the gifts are a little late, EVERYONE is going to get thier gifts.

Yes they made a mistake, No they didnt test thier programing good enough,
BUT....
I feel they are working very hard to fix thier mistake and are giving the gift to everyone (even those that were away or for whatever reason didnt get a chance to log in on Christmas Day)

I, for one, Give them credit for their efforts in trying to fix the situation.

If your child is one of the children that is upset about not getting their gifts today, remind them that it is a GAME, remind them of the other times there has been errors in the game, and if they are really little just assure them that they did nothing wrong.

There is no use in risking your real life health worring so hard about a Game. Would you be freaking out so much if you lost a piece of a board game? I doubt people would.

YES, speak your frustrations.
NO, don't get yourself so worked up and stressed out that you endanger your health in the long run.

That being said, I wish each and every one of you a happy and healthy holliday season.
wkwcollecter is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
310webkinz wuz here!, bear10176 was here!!!, curioshop waz here, dorinda1213 was here, fringe wants gifts, galfam was here, ganz dropped ball again, gots my gift, half decade get w/it ganz, hurricanes, kaylee1880 needs her gift, misspuppy was here!!, santakinz, santakinz is running late, seahorse wants a gift, still no gifts!, typical ganz, where are you christmas?, where are you santakinz?, wow someone got two!, x x a e r o x x < 3 3 3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: