Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #11
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 
Default Re: Ganz Released New Kinz Klips for October - Frog, Pig, Cow - Includes a Webkinz!

i do not like this change!!!!! i could buy all 6 clips for $30 and now it will be $48 for 3!!!! will probably take a pass from now on unless they release something extra special. i'm gonna buy up all the loose ones i can find now and horde them. i really don't need all those duplicate animals either
jagular is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

ceconge4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ganz Released New Kinz Klips for October - Frog, Pig, Cow - Includes a Webkinz!

That stinks!! I guess I won't be buying those anymore.
ceconge4 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #13

susand610 will become famous soon enough

Smile Re: Ganz Released New Kinz Klips for October - Frog, Pig, Cow - Includes a Webkinz!

i am obssessed with pigs. so i need that clip. but do i have to buy the whole set to get it? i already have too big pigs too little and one floppy. i don't need another pig. but if i have to i will buy the set and i akshully don't have a big cow out of my 163 webkinz so i will probably buy that set i have too big frogs one cuz i got it free and the other cuz it was pet of the month so i'm not CRAZY bout frogs so i will probably won't get the frog set
susand610 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #14
katy01

horsegirl94 is a jewel in the roughhorsegirl94 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
No, Jrock, you get both codes, not just the Kinz Clip code. It is definitely a marketting strategy to get rid of old webbies. I am not liking this too much. In order to get the klips, now, you have to buy a webkinz you already have? That seems rather unfair.
i agree completly its not fair at all that we hafta spend more money on old webbies we already have even if we only want the kinzclip ganz is just wanting more money its getting annoying
horsegirl94 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #15
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to have to go with those who think this is a bad idea. If I wanted a pet, I'd buy a pet. If I want a klip, I only want to buy a klip. Making me buy the pet to get the klip is only going to make me not buy either. As someone who usually just rolls with the changes and embraces, or at least shrugs off, the wacky things they do, I can say that definitively. I'll definitely continue to buy klips if they are also sold separately, but if it's only a package deal from now on, then I'll have to pass.
JuniperBerry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #16

golferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a hero
golferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a herogolferguy was born a hero

I agree with this being a bad idea. My boys were able to get a couple of the first series of klips but we still haven't been able to find any of the second series. Now series 3 klips are coming out and can only be purchased with a webkinz? I don't think we will be getting any of these. My boys are particular about which pets they purchase.
golferguy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #17
hyIsMyRideBroken?

Aeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Greed seems to be winning out these days over making the customer happy. This is an unfortunate change that once again may only slightly bother those we are newly welcoming into WW; but truly is a slap in the face to those of us who have been around a while.

Kinzclips in my town sell like hotcakes. A family owned toy store near me is run by the sweetest couple who, every month, set aside the webkinz I want for me and call me to let me know whenever they get new items. I recommended that they start stocking kinzclips because I found it so difficult to purchase them online (for a reasonable price and/or not in a set) and because the other stores that do stock them in my area kept running out within days of receiving new shipments.

Though they sold well, the main reason for the success has now been obliterated by this rather scrooge-like change. People are broke, plain and simple. Many people felt that they could afford a kinzclip for their children as a gift, even when full sized webkin seemed to be a little too much for the budget. Now, those people will get passed by.

The rest of us are apparently around for excess stock clean up. After only a year of playing I see now that in order to get any webkin of the month I will have to buy a duplicate or stop buying the fresh stock and see what pops up. Again, as a new comer I was excited, as a rather new veteran player I am sorely disappointed.

This is more of the same. It is preying on that collector's impulse to have at least one of everything, to not miss out. In some cases, simply wanting the product enough to eat it on the cost of the additional webkin you may not want.

It would have been a poor idea to start packaging these with brand new webkinz that no one had yet had a chance to purchase, but at least that would have eliminated this feeling of stock clean up. This is a transparent strategy to force more excess onto the fans.

There are those who will scream, as they have so often about the estore, that people have a choice. That they are not forced to go out and buy webkinz or anything else. The problem is, for some it ISNT a choice. They want, but can't afford to keep up with every new item that is tossed out each month.

I hope I haven't offended anyone and if so, I apologize. However I do feel in short that whenever options are removed, a product is less desirable.

Or in short...this is just kind of mean.
Aeza is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #18
mlh
ow! She's a Webkinz!

mlh can ride a flying orange
mlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orange

Well, let me add my vote. I won't be buying the cow, pig or frog sets. I would have gotten the same clips if they were sold separately though. I already have the frog and lil cow pets and don't want seconds and the pig just isn't my cup of tea. I guess Ganz will need to wait and see if this plays out favorably for them financially.
mlh is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #19
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

I think those kinz klips are adorable!! I don't think I've ever been so glad to not have a Webkinz pig.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #20
ebkinz fan

Shandree is a jewel in the roughShandree is a jewel in the rough

I don't like this move either. I was going to save my money...but now I'm going down to a certain store in my area and buying the last three klips I need to complete my set for series 2. I may go to another store I know and get some old series 1 klips there while I can too (even though it is out of my area.) Maybe this is a scheme to sell kinz klips and not the webkinz plushies?? (They don't move THAT fast in my town, but I waited a week and went back to the store that had the series two ones and they only had about 6 left out of about 15..In the other town there are still series 1 ones and they don't really price gauge..) Hmmm...
Shandree is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
all hail mr. burrito

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: