Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #51
Webkinz :)

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Default Re: Ganz Officially Addresses Problem with Leprechaun Red Jelly Coin

Ganz in their inevitable vague way of informing us of anything, didn't specify if ~

(a) We had to have already ATTEMPTED to get the red coin;

(b) Whether the "script" will see we have five coins in our docks and auto award us the red coin; or

(c) The script will fix the glitch and we can go GET the red coin or what ... ??

We'll just have to stay tuned to WI and they'll tell us what we have to do (or had to do) in order to get the red coin.

I just hate it when Ganz is so vague and/or ambiguous with their information. P
MysticZon is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #52

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds
babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

i agree, i wonder how they are going to give the prize, or will we have to look for the red coin again. It is offically the next day eastern time, so i wonder if they will wait till morning, totally forget, or make us look for the red coin. i wish ganz was more speicific.
babykittyricky is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #53
ow! I'm finally a
Gift Guru

cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!cplover5689 is headed for the top!

Great! At least they know what's going on.
cplover5689 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #54
Diabetes Awareness

Crazyha99 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by babykittyricky
What i think happened is the accounts that did not complete their coin collection last year, the glitch is happening to. Because i made two knew back up accounts this year, because i started kinzchat + (well 2010 actually), so i didn't get the leaprocon (or however you spell it) and those are the accounts that are having the issues, not my main that i got the coins on last year. This may be the case, but it may not. it's just an observation.
you might be right. i did not finish my collection last year i only got 3 coins last year and im affected by this glitch
Crazyha99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #55
Lrnpanda
Gift Guru

Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
I'm so glad they tweeted back...SEE? They do listen! I'm sure by the end of tomorrow this will just be a distant chuckle...tee hee?

I'm still focusing on the fact that the Leprechaun was not too tough to find, but not too easy it was just perfect, the right amount of fun (ignoring the whole red coin issue) it isn't GANZ's fault the LepreCON took over
Click the image to open in full size. __________________

OMG dragonbird above is so funny!

My guess for the fix it script and the MIA red jelly coin; I think that the "You've been awarded [article] [item name]!" that came up instead of the red jelly coin will be something like Arte's recent undefined articles. The programmers will replace the undefined with the coin & then the fountain will award. Just my guess.
Lrnpanda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #56
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Ganz Officially Address Red Leprechaun Jelly Coin Problem

View Post Originally Posted by Mynoey
As Irnpanda said, that is just an example of a script. We have no way of knowing what conditions this script will require to award or what it's going to be awarding. It could be if all coins are there, if five coins are there or even, if that data is tracked, having triggered some event in the leprechaun sequence six times.

It would be nice if they made an effort to communicate better with us so we know what to expect. Of course, it would be much better if they'd adequately debug their coding prior to releasing or, at least, time a release so they're available for the minimum number of days required to be confident it's running correctly.
I have always wondered if they test their code at all since every time they make a change they seem to break something else. Now I am speaking from some experience. I never worked on the systems they are using now, but I was a computer programmer for years. The companies I worked for tested things before they implemented them and the last company had its own test department. Obviously there is a lack of that here and they are flying by the seat of their pants.
marnabear is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #57

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

ok so I'm clear....does this mean we have to go look for the red coin in order to get it? or is Ganz just gonna automatically give everyone the fountain? or are they gonna look at the accounts and some how know those of us who were supposed to get a red coin and actually clicked but didnt get one...that only those will get one...unless one looks and gets the red coin?

or what?

ok let me get this straight.....only those who have all the coins will get the prize....so those of us who didnt get the red one...will not get the prize?

If that's the case, then that isn't fair.

Last edited by WebkinzBatRulz; 03-14-2011 at 12:06 AM..
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #58

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzBatRulz
ok so I'm clear....does this mean we have to go look for the red coin in order to get it? or is Ganz just gonna automatically give everyone the fountain? or are they gonna look at the accounts and some how know those of us who were supposed to get a red coin and actually clicked but didnt get one...that only those will get one...unless one looks and gets the red coin?

or what?

ok let me get this straight.....only those who have all the coins will get the prize....so those of us who didnt get the red one...will not get the prize?

If that's the case, then that isn't fair.
Ganz in their inevitable vague way of informing us of anything, didn't specify if ~

(a) We had to have already ATTEMPTED to get the red coin;

(b) Whether the "script" will see we have five coins in our docks and auto award us the red coin; or

(c) The script will fix the glitch and we can go GET the red coin or what ... ??

We'll just have to stay tuned to WI and they'll tell us what we have to do (or had to do) in order to get the red coin.

MysticZon is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #59

Jae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by joyfulmusic
-sigh- What of us without the red coin indeed? At least some of my accounts got the red coin. Please tell me the fountain is tradeable though because my main account does not have the red coin.
YES! The fountains ARE able to be traded and Kinzposted!!!

Of the 9 accounts I care for, only one of them got the fountain yesterday. She felt so bad for another of her little friends that she went in and traded it to that account so her friend would have it!

The clover patches that we are collecting on WN is also kinzpost-able ( lol, is that really a word? lol ) and tradable!
Jae's Momma is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #60

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Ganz Officially Address Red Leprechaun Jelly Coin Problem

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I have always wondered if they test their code at all since every time they make a change they seem to break something else. Now I am speaking from some experience. I never worked on the systems they are using now, but I was a computer programmer for years. The companies I worked for tested things before they implemented them and the last company had its own test department. Obviously there is a lack of that here and they are flying by the seat of their pants.
I have wondered the same thing Marna. I was a computer systems analyst for the feds for many years and we tested and tested and tested. Now I still work extensively with an IT department in a different organization, though not for IT, and we also do a lot of testing on the user side. Not as much as the IRS does, but a lot. It doesn't seem like Ganz does much at all. To be effective they need a small staff of people dedicated to testing -- with different size accounts, different browsers, etc. and they should run through extensive testing plans for every new thing that comes out. But I suspect that any testing the company does is up to the individual programmer who wrote the specific code in the first place. That is not adequate. To say the least. And to have a big event at a time noone is working overtime (except some people manning the newz forums) is just unprofessional. There are always going to be a few problems from time to time no matter how well you test, but they have consistent problems.

That said, I love the fountains I did get and we are looking forward to getting the others tomorrow. Ganz does have some very creative people there. I just wish they would adhere to professional systems development protocols.
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
crafter4christ, nasty glitch, no red coin :(, this is soooo annoying!, yay!yay! it is fixed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: