Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #121
katt †
Webkinz :)

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Re: Ganz Launching Webkinz TV Commercial!

View Post Originally Posted by ginny19
Say what.
Did they really have to give it a jingle that makes me feel even more stupid for still playing? :/
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #122
GERONIMO!

ddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with graceddancergirl97 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I'm very glad WW has started commericals on TV, however I did find the commercial as well as the jingle EXTREMELY cheesy.
ddancergirl97 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #123

Pandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacity
Pandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacity

I wish could see in on tv at my house, oh well if it is on WI it's good enough for me!! Maybe thw want more people to join WW than any of their other site? i hopE!
Pandalover4ever is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #124
AbbyFlower7

AbbyL714 is a jewel in the roughAbbyL714 is a jewel in the rough

ok, now i see why some of my classmates think webkinz is stupid... they must've seen this! now i sorta think it is too...

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Of course they do! They love us adults, trust me... But, they know how adults get hooked on Webkinz, through their young kids!
Yeah, I suggested this thing to ganz a couple years ago where parents could have a special parent-kinz and parent account and such where they could earn stuff for their kids...

View Post Originally Posted by ddancergirl97
I'm very glad WW has started commericals on TV, however I did find the commercial as well as the jingle EXTREMELY cheesy.
I HAVE THE JINGLE, SO STUPID!!!!!!

Last edited by AbbyL714; 05-08-2011 at 03:17 PM..
AbbyL714 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #125

Julez211 is an unknown quantity at this point

awshum! i love this!
Julez211 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #126
Gifted

iLuvWolves challenges the impossibleiLuvWolves challenges the impossible
iLuvWolves challenges the impossibleiLuvWolves challenges the impossible

Smile

It's nice they made a commercial, but there are adults and teenagers playing Webkinz too It looks like it's just little kids in the video...
iLuvWolves is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #127

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

I wish the ad had been a little more balanced with boys and girls, but I think Ganz was right not to include adults. In the last couple of years more and more activities in WW have been aimed at adults as Ganz realized how many adults were playing. But no ad about WI directed at adults is going to be successful. No adult ever started playing because another adult suggested it. Alle now playing started because of a child. Parents played games to help their kids earn KC and realized that the games were fun. For grandparents and other relatives it' was wonderful way to bond with distant children. When the children stop playing, many of the hooked adults remain loyal customers, but many stores are discontinuing their Webkinz, seeing them as a fad that has passed. Without a steady stream of new children bringing in new adults, the customer base will not grow, and WI cannot thrive.

That said, I'm not sure how effective this ad will be. It tries to cram too much into 30 seconds, and the emphasis on girl's activities may drive away the boys. It's too bad they didn't cast boys who could not be mistaken for girls. I watched the video over and over and finally identified one boy, but I never did find the second one that other posters say is there.

For those concerned that the ad makes WW look babyish, don't worry about it! If the ad attracts new six-year-olds, their adult relatives will follow, just as they have since WW began. The site is no more or less babyish than it was before we saw the ad. It's still a great place for all ages, from the six-year-olds to their grandparents. So if you loved it before, just keep playing.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #128
Sirius Black

aris854 has a spectacular aura about

I am really disappointed. For me whenever a product that I like (That didn't have a commercial) that makes one it makes me feel stupid for playing! I was getting into webkinz but then this came xD Now I feel that I am WAY too old but on the bright side, the new webkinz look cute C:
aris854 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #129

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by taffeta
yeah like do you really think webkinz cares if more ADULTS play? lol.
Oh I'm sure they are, we spend the $$$. lol But if you guys think this kid commercial was weird, can you picture a commercial with a bunch of grown adults singing that song, hugging their webkinz, and being excited over decorating? How weird would THAT be? Yeah it's good they keep to kids on the commercials. LOL
Lambchop77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #130

ice_skater is on a distinguished road

Cool! I wondered when they would come out with a commercial
ice_skater is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ami was here, god is 100% awesome, is everything!, james is mangarine, kd&me, limespot, soa, t.r., you are beautiful!, ♫sing4me a melody

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: