Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #101
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: Ganz Launching Webkinz TV Commercial!

I'm surprised at how many people are hating on the commercial! While I was ready to tell the kids to 'take it down a notch' by the end, I thought it was great that Ganz gave us some previews of some upcoming pets and that they are taking an active role in further expansion of the Webkinz brand. Remember, I'm an adult male and it didn't upset or offend me in any way and I'm just going to go right along playing! Long live WW!
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #102
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

Thank you Justin, I couldn't have said it better and also long live
Gram2Four is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #103
Webkinz :)

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

This helps them become more popular. They get noticed . . . .and they'll feel good about it!! Good for them!!
Centex Homes 1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #104

cheetahfly is on a distinguished road

Just a correction the commercial is on the Disney XD channel NOT the regular Disney Channel. The regular Disney channel does not air commercials so this has to be on Disney XD. Disney XD is the channel that replaced Toon Disney.

Just didn't want anyone to get confused.
cheetahfly is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #105

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds
babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

I think this is a great commercial, to advertise more to younger girls. Did the kids in that commercial take some type of potion to make their voices so squeaky? I am glad my friends don't know I still play webkinz because if they saw this commercial they would scream "why are you playing on a little girls site!"
babykittyricky is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #106
Ultimos

Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!Omnitrix is headed for the top!

On page 8, I complained about how this commercial makes it looks for little girls (I'm an older kid who's a BOY) But I gotta say, I MUST HAVE THAT DODO!!!
Omnitrix is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #107
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by TheFlamedance
... If my friends see this commercial I will be tortured forever. xD
Just do what I do when adults look at me funny when I tell them I play with Webkinz...

Give them a really insane look and smile and say really slowly yet enthusiasticly like Egor in Frankensteins monster - "But Iyyyyy realllly liiiiike them ummm.... hmmm hmmm hmmm."
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #108

eraliment is on a distinguished road

I Love IT!! So Excited to see it on TV!!
eraliment is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #109
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Ganz should do one for boys! It would be really cool!

Start off with a dad and two boys at the computer and do a zoom into the screen where it goes through a few things such as a brief showing of Mazin Hamsters with just the clear plain ball so people can see the awesome graphics. Arcade games.

Proclaim that it's great for kids, chock full of things that children can learn by playing the games. Basically show how a whole family can participate and have fun on WW.

Show off the different vehicles, have them in that car/garage? themed room. Include the hot air ballooon because we think that looks cool too.

Hockey Theme room, Sports Themed Room, Wizards theme etc.

Show the cool outfits for boy Webkinz, the Mayors outfit would be a good one as well.

Throw in images of Webkinz that are suitable for boys such as the Twilight Dragon, Grizzly Bear, Cow, Midnight Monster, Golden Retriever etc around the computer and maybe have one of the boys holding it while he watches his brother play.

We could all so easily write better commercials.

The one commercial I did see awhile ago before this one we are seeing on WI is probably an old one. I think there may be more out there well and Ganz should post them all on Webkinz Newz so we can all enjoy them and so visitors can watch them and learn more about them, not everyone likes to do alot of reading. :0)
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #110
cybermustelid

Norka has disabled reputation

Guess I'm an odd one out, I admit I'm an adult and play webkinz to other adults, and yup I've met other adults who play too by coming out of the proverbial pixel wardrobe/closet while shopping for new kinz. (As they ask who I'm buying it for, nope just myself! Which usually gets an odd look, or a hey I play too!) I was introduced to it by another adult, who plays, now I help both her and her daughter out on the game sending stuff, buying pets, etc. Plus I have other nieces and nephews who also play. Even some of my other adult friends know I play it, (but don't really know what it is), heck they've gotten me Webkinz, even my mother-in-law slips them into my Christmas gifts! <3

However, I too worry they are going to think I'm very odd duck when this commercial comes out. It really is targeting girls, and a younger audience! I watched it and first thing I kept thinking was where are the guys? Then poof, a quick spotlight for one, and barely able to be sure it was a boy I think I saw one, then hey there is another. But they weren't included in the end circle of girls! It was as if they were an afterthought and put in to make us all happy to see both represented. Ganz I am dissapoint! Sigh... but it was cool to see the new kinz! Will us adults have to hide our secret joy now? I hope they realize they can target a broader scope of audience if they do the commercial right, it really should be targeted to families which would be the truth, it is group effort with friends, so much more than what they mentioned, but it is not too bad of a first commercial, it could be worse. How many of you are old enough to remember those "where's the beef?" commercials? Ahhhhh yes!
Norka is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
ami was here, god is 100% awesome, is everything!, james is mangarine, kd&me, limespot, soa, t.r., you are beautiful!, ♫sing4me a melody

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: