Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #71
here to win
Webkinz :)

carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!carmentacmc is not just visiting!

Default Re: Ganz to Launch "Tail Towns" World on 8th of March, 2011

I'm thinking that the parents could play Tail Towns while the kids could play Webkinz. Tail Towns could be a bit like Animal Crossing! And I have tried playing Animal Crossing, it gets boring after a few months of the same thing over and over again, but my mother has been playing for a year and isn't bored with it. So, it could be like playing Animal Crossing with lots of people, so it isn't as monotonous. And besides, the development and design team is a different one from the Webkinz World one. So the Tail Towns Team can concentrate on their site, and the Webkinz World Team can concentrate on their site. 'Cos if the WW Team had to focus on both sites, that would be disastrous on unimaginable levels.
carmentacmc is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #72

AllyBelle15 is on a distinguished road

I can't wait to find out more about this! I wonder what the first pet will be?!

View Post Originally Posted by carmentacmc
I'm thinking that the parents could play Tail Towns while the kids could play Webkinz. Tail Towns could be a bit like Animal Crossing! And I have tried playing Animal Crossing, it gets boring after a few months of the same thing over and over again, but my mother has been playing for a year and isn't bored with it. So, it could be like playing Animal Crossing with lots of people, so it isn't as monotonous. And besides, the development and design team is a different one from the Webkinz World one. So the Tail Towns Team can concentrate on their site, and the Webkinz World Team can concentrate on their site. 'Cos if the WW Team had to focus on both sites, that would be disastrous on unimaginable levels.
I strongly disagree! I think it should be like Webkinz World, just a little more grown up. . . like 12 and up. That would rock! I've noticed that if you ask on Webkinz, most people are 8 or 9 years old. If they made it like Webkinz, but for 12 and up, that would be amazing.

Last edited by AllyBelle15; 01-12-2011 at 07:50 PM..
AllyBelle15 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #73
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Sounds interesting...but, if it's like WW Jr. onlly geared toward older kids..I'll pass...still can't wait to see what's up....
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #74

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

so ok few questions

1. Is it going to be a part of Webkinz...that is like Zumwhere is a part of Webkinz?

2. Will you need something to unlock it like a zum unlocks Zumwhere?

3. Will there be special pets you can adopt to take care of in this area?
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #75

AllyBelle15 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzBatRulz
so ok few questions

1. Is it going to be a part of Webkinz...that is like Zumwhere is a part of Webkinz?

2. Will you need something to unlock it like a zum unlocks Zumwhere?

3. Will there be special pets you can adopt to take care of in this area?
I hope not, I hope it's it's own website and everything.
AllyBelle15 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #76
rainzz

Thumbs up Re: Ganz to Launch "Tail Towns" World on 8th of March, 2011

This sounds awesome! I looked it up and got more information and it sounds like it will be for girls 13 and up. It sounds really amazing.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #77

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
um...I'm scared. VERY scared!

I won't get into another site...webkinz is my thing...I sure hope they aren't planning on dumping my webbies...
I doubt it.

I mean they did say this year was gonna be real Awesome in webkinz and all. WHy would they do hamsters and add all these other new things to Webkinz and plan to do much more...just to take it away?

I think it pry just another site to get them more money and they will keep webkinz.

i just dont see why they do new things and plan new things for Webkinz...just to chuck it for another site?

Sides i thought this site geared towards adults...so they gotta keep the kids (and big kids like moi) happy too

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzdadd
No, not necessarily. They added Webkinz Junior, a whole other site from Webkinz, and didn't discontinue regular Webkinz. I have no clue, and none of us do really, but my guess is that they won't discontinue Webkinz just because of the addition of this new Tail Towns thing.

Yeh think of it this way

Webkinz Jr is for the toddlers the little ones.

Webkinz is for the older bigger kids and teens and big adult kids ehhehe

Tail Towns is for the adults.

All from Ganz

So Ganz will have something for little ones, older children, teens, and adults.

Last edited by WebkinzBatRulz; 01-12-2011 at 08:46 PM..
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #78

dylanjason has a spectacular aura about

the bat is right i think no one wouldremember about webkinz and you know how webkinz jr. gets new pets every couple months and webkinz gets them every month,so probably tail towns would probably get them every week.what are we gonna do. maybe we can make a vote on webkinzinsider to stop this tail towns.
dylanjason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #79

Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true
Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true

From the article I just read, Tail Towns sounds a lot more like some of the games available on social network sites than Webkinz.

Ganz Announces New Virtual World, Tail Towns
by ALICIA ASHBY on JANUARY 12, 2011 · 0 COMMENTS
Webkinz creator Ganz has announced a new line of virtual world-supported collectibles for girls called Tail Towns. The line’s real world component is a series of “highly-detailed” animal figurines that ship with a registration code that lets the owner create an account at Tail Towns. Users who register can create a virtual villager in Tail Towns and use its skills to complete tasks and help grow their own private town. Collecting more Tail Towns figurines allows the player to increase her virtual villager’s skills and abilities.

Each villager registered at Tail Towns begins with a virtual estate that the player can develop into her personally customized private village. Users can invite friends who also play Tail Towns to join their village. Players develop their villages by working at jobs and earning virtual currency. Players can also complete special tasks in order to be rewarded directly with virtual goods and currency. Ganz promises that Tail Towns will offer its users some story content to discover, which it describes as “tangled tales of forbidden love, true romance and hidden treachery!”

Tail Towns will feature unmoderated player chat for users over 13, so this line is clearly meant to serve girls who’ve gotten a bit too old for Ganz’s Webkins line but still enjoy tying real-world collectibles to a virtual world experience. Ganz plans to launch Tail Towns on March 8, which is International Women’s Day. Tail Towns appears to be Ganz’s first new virtual world product since the company’s Webkinz, Jr., virtual world for kids ages 3 to 6 went live early in 2009.
Margo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #80
Lil Kinz

basketballlover is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking Re: Ganz to Launch "Tail Towns" World on 8th of March, 2011

hmm.........................................interesting i need a little more info.............. i don't know about this hmm .................. well THANKS FIA!!!! you GUYS ROCK!!!!
basketballlover is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
000000005 was here!, james is mangarine, you are beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: