Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #81
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I agree that the prices will probably go up now. I guess Ganz' idea of 'going green' means more cash.
Nope, they cost the same to dealers, I'll update the article.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #82
Pokemon time!
Webkinz :)

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Nope, they cost the same to dealers, I'll update the article.
That good to know that the price will stay the same.
lazygal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #83
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

The tags look like they are just hanging out in the open though. ?? From studying the boxes, it looks like they are really trying to convey all the things to do with the pets. Maybe people that were buying the plushies lately weren't really understanding what to do with them online. Looks like Ganz is giving more instructions with these.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #84
Luke is a

RaisedByWolves is a splendid one to beholdRaisedByWolves is a splendid one to beholdRaisedByWolves is a splendid one to beholdRaisedByWolves is a splendid one to behold

At first I though "Cool!" But no. How are they going to fit them all onto the shelves?! And I Don't have any extra money!

Oh now I see the prices will stay the same! But still how will they fit them all onto the shelves?

Last edited by RaisedByWolves; 05-03-2011 at 09:40 AM..
RaisedByWolves is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #85
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

Thats for the post about packaging - hate to say it but if somebody's intent is to steal the tags they will steal them - the one pet in the pix has the tag just in reach - about trees -Ganz couldn't have timed the annoucement better - right after Earth day -What's Owl going to say about this
bangkokyankee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #86
Unregistered

View Post Originally Posted by SophieKinz1999
This is ridiculous! The world is already struggling from loss of trees, and Webkinz is a huge company that produces tons of Webkinz! A lot of Webkinz = A lot of boxes = A lot of paper = A lot of trees being used! This is a terrible idea!

Plus, shopkeepers could just put the Webkinz behind the counter!

I agree! If they're making this decision, what is with the Webkinz Video: Let's Make The World A Better Place!?!?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #87
mds1205 is an unknown quantity at this point

All of North America should take a lesson from other countries...REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE! In Germany, they recycle everything...papers, plastics, fruit rinds, leaves, coffee grounds, etc. We all need to catch the recycling bug. If you buy the webkinz in the box...make sure the box gets recycled!!! Spread the word about recycling, educate your kids, and make a difference in your own community.
mds1205 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #88
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Sooooo... the fact that it's RECYCLED cardboard that is going to end up in landfills that is supposed to make those of us that actually do care about the earth feel better?

Sorry but that still doesn't fly with me.

I am also confused by the fact they made an Earth puppy and are doing this, made a ptm video about helping the environment and then whammo. Excessive packaging that retailers might go for becuase it looks pretty. Give me a break.

I think Ganz needs to have a staff meeting and watch the POTM video for the Bluffadoodle. Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth and that packaging can stay stay stay away from me.

BTW... It is my professional opinion as someone that has worked in theft prevention.... that packaging is going to do absolutely nothing to stop theft. That's just an excuse they made up to justify the wasteful packaging they are using to make them more appealing so people will buy them, that's all.

Point of note.

I have seen the Littlest Petshop using this exact same packaging.

Walmart - Many Tags missing off Littlest Petshop, packaged like the new Webkinz packaging.
Liquidation World - Some Tags missing, again packaged just like the new Webkinz packaging.
Zellers - SomeTags missing, again packaged just like the new Webkinz packaging.

Vigilance on the part of your staff stops theft, not a pretty box. Watch your customers. Keep Webkinz on display where you can see who is doing what with them.

Places near me like Giant Tiger and Hallmark have alot of success with displays of Webkinz kept behind counters.

Last edited by RalGash; 05-03-2011 at 12:29 PM..
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #89
hely03

HelyM is a splendid one to beholdHelyM is a splendid one to beholdHelyM is a splendid one to beholdHelyM is a splendid one to behold

That's not new, I saw similar boxes here too a month ago...
HelyM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #90
duwang gang

luree611 has disabled reputation

I must say, i LOVE the new packaging! I'm not sure why, t just looks so... neat? XD
luree611 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bob is 100% awesome, not very green, o.o <-- me., so am i bobby!, you are beautiful!, you are beautiufl(:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: