Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #71
balletrockstar85
Gifted

balletrockstar is just really niceballetrockstar is just really nice

Default Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

I am glad that Ganz is still giving the option for vendors to get them without the extra packaging. It seems like stores have tried to prevent theft of tags a lot, but at places like Meijer, where no one is really watching too much, it is easier for people to steal them. That's where the extra packaging could be useful. Otherwise, it is pretty un-green of them, even if the cardboard is recycled and/or recycle-able.
balletrockstar is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #72
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY DUMB IDEA GANZ.

happy earth day and boy now mr owl has lots to do to make the earth a better place now.........

hypocrytical and wasteful and it makes me so mad i am not sure i will want to buy any with this type of packaging. i saw one inthe store and i wasnt impressed and i know the prices will go up even more and the stores will carry less of them.......... we already cant get new pets anymore, look at the scottish terrier and the mystic pony, i went to put my preorder in and i cant have it like ive had it for years....... one of each. they are just shooting themselves in the foot by mak8ing them so rare and unavailable and also so wasteful............. \

dumb , dumb dumb........... really dumb.
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 AM   #73
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Thanks for the update!

Maybe the boxes will protect the tags better.
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #74
Wacky4life

Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!Ham4life is headed for the top!

Yeah, thats "making the world a better place" using boxes that kill trees. Ok, I'm just fine with plopping 1 off the shelf and saving trees, verses picking a fancy box, that just killed a tree. I'm not very happy
Thanks for the update anyway WI!

I understand the tags, but this isn't the way to do it!
Ham4life is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #75
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

IM ALSO very angry that for the past two upcoming months they are making the plushies hard to get.............. i went to preorder june and two of the pets are already gone and cant be reordered........... all this after the australian shepherd being rare............. what is up because this ruins the way i play if i cant get the ones i want.............. i dont get it. they are ruining it for themselves when the customers cant buy what they want to buy ...............
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #76

rosiehound22 has a spectacular aura about

I am with some of you. It looks like the tags are just hanging there! I wish people wouldnt be so stupid and have to steal them! With the new boxes, there are gonna be WAY less of them in the stores!! They cram them all onto those little racks right now. Looking at those bulky boxes, you may get 4 to a shelf.
Bet they didn't think about that.
rosiehound22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #77
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think this is a strange decision. The tags are not any more protected at all. I thought that most companies were trying to minimize the packaging now. This just seems to be a very wasteful use of materials, with no purpose. Now the stores will not be able to put out as many of them. They take up so much space! Very poor decision on Ganz' part.
And this, on the tails of Earth day and their new POTM song....not a wise move.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #78
i wish i was a

DESTY ,maybe they intend to put out less pets each month. i mean, they already made the australian shepherd and the mystic pony and the scottish terrier hard to get and preorder.
i just know im real mad about not being able to get these plushies easiliy like all the others.
ganz always knows what tey are doing and im guessing they wantless pets on the shelves for whatevrr reason. it makes no sense............. it s soooooooooooo wasteful and it will inevitably raise prices................. they are already too high.

really. bad. idea. ganz.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #79
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I agree that the prices will probably go up now. I guess Ganz' idea of 'going green' means more cash.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #80
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
I don't understand how this will stop the stealing of tags, because they are still right there within reach.... unless the entire thing is encased in a clear plastic box which does not show on the photograph?
I don't know the full details, but if the pets are wire-tied into the boxes and the tags are behind them, or somewhere under the cardboard, it will make them much harder to steal. It won't prevent it completely, but I think it's a good deterrent.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
bob is 100% awesome, not very green, o.o <-- me., so am i bobby!, you are beautiful!, you are beautiufl(:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: