Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #51
Webkinz :)

cocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talentcocotruper has lots of talent

Default Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

I really like it! It will prevent the stealing of tags a lot more, and its really cute!

View Post Originally Posted by cocotruper
I really like it! It will prevent the stealing of tags a lot more, and its really cute. But after reading a few posts, I realized something that kinda stinks... I loved holding the pets, being able to carry it around with me... I know stores have the option of boxes or no boxes, but still... It just seems kind of weird, that's all.

Last edited by cocotruper; 05-02-2011 at 05:29 PM..
cocotruper is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #52
Goodbye!

iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!iamsam is the bees knees!

ZOMG that is so cool!!
iamsam is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #53
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

I once worked in Security for a large company and as a Salesperson at a retailer. Trust me, no amount of packaging or security devices is going to stop a thief. I have seen empty packages left behind by thieves who can get through those special expensive anti theft devices that require keys to remove at the checkouts. Only good vigilance will stop thieves.

To me this packaging is wastefull and irresponsible.

I once went to a Giant Tiger in another city and most of thier Webkinz were missing the tags.

The Giant Tiger in my own town had thier Webkinz on display behind the counter at the checkout. All neatly side by side so people can't touch them and mess them up making it harder to tell if the Webkinz you want is there and if there is a second one for my nephew.

I honestly prefer them up on a long shelf behind the counter. Just one of each out is necessary, we only need to see what you have so we can ask for it. It keeps the tags safe. There is a lady at the flea market that I go to that has her Webkinz set uo this way as well with prices clearly displayed. You point to what one you want on the shelf and she gets them out of the box for you where they are all kept safe inside the sleeves they were shipped in.

That means no messy hands have had a chance to touch them and put allergens on my Webkinz that I might not be able to deal with.

As a collector many people that I know that collect the Webkinz WILL NOT buy a Webkinz that has had the tag cut off, sorry. But we can't explain to the next person we are trading with why the tag is off and get them to trust that it has not been used.

I forgot to mention that we don't buy ones that have had the tag tied back on either. Again it's really obvious if the tag has been tampered with and also to risky if it's counterfeit.

Last edited by RalGash; 05-02-2011 at 05:42 PM..
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #54
AbbyFlower7

AbbyL714 is a jewel in the roughAbbyL714 is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

It makes sense that they did this AFTER earth day since this is obviously using a lot of unneeded packaging/cardboard!!!!!!!
AbbyL714 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #55
Sealegs Rose ☼

pirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonderpirateluver034 wows us all with wonder

interesting idea... if it helps with security of the tags, then its worth it. but i will miss picking up and holding webkinz to find the "perfect" one and then snuggling with it in the car on the way home after buying it.
pirateluver034 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #56
ants a REAL peacock!

Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!

I don't see how this new packaging is going to prevent theft. The tags are still stuck through the pet's leg or wing! Maybe if the code was embedded in the box underneath the pet that would prevent theft.
Hibiscus is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #57
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by pirateluver034
interesting idea... if it helps with security of the tags, then its worth it. but i will miss picking up and holding webkinz to find the "perfect" one and then snuggling with it in the car on the way home after buying it.
I bet this will make the shipping costs for online ordering rise too as packaging means more weight and larger size.
NedOwl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #58
scotlandd

scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!
scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
I don't understand how this will stop the stealing of tags, because they are still right there within reach.... unless the entire thing is encased in a clear plastic box which does not show on the photograph?
Well, if somebody trys to take it, it will be harder with this side of the box. Then somebody can catch them doing it, scince it will be a little longer to do it. Or the pets are twistyed on the box.

Yeah i know it's a good idea. because even when i'm in there it's very tempting to rip the tag off. But of coruse i don't ever do it.

Last edited by scotlandd; 05-02-2011 at 07:11 PM..
scotlandd is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #59

Koodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by SophieKinz1999
This is ridiculous! The world is already struggling from loss of trees, and Webkinz is a huge company that produces tons of Webkinz! A lot of Webkinz = A lot of boxes = A lot of paper = A lot of trees being used! This is a terrible idea!

Plus, shopkeepers could just put the Webkinz behind the counter!
I totally agree. I don't like this idea because it is going to use a lot of paper and it will all be thrown away in a landfill and rot away. I don't like this idea. I hope maybe this is just a phase
Koodo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #60

pigtoes95 has a spectacular aura about

thats pretty cool
pigtoes95 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
bob is 100% awesome, not very green, o.o <-- me., so am i bobby!, you are beautiful!, you are beautiufl(:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: