Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #41
I love giraffes!
Webkinz :)

ginagiraffe is a jewel in the roughginagiraffe is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

That's great! Good work, Ganz!!! I used to be so mad when I saw a webkinz that I liked at a store- but someone stole the tag
ginagiraffe is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #42
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

Wow. I'm very disappointed with this new packaging. Didn't we just celebrate EARTH DAY? What a waste of resources. Ganz, please think this over. I've only ever seen one plush w/ a missing tag since 2007. Doesn't seem worth the extra expense and I won't buy any packaged this way. Why not get creative and not wasteful?
VeronicaGee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #43
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

I saw lilkinz with stuff sort of like this, it looked like that but was like a box like the zumbuddy's have
zacspet is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #44
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

I think they are super cute but agree with it probably isn't eco friendly
dawnscott1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #45
Diabetes Awareness

stephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguise
stephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguisestephsmom98 is Justin in disguise

That is good and nice packaging. I see a lot of tags off, especially at Walgreens. They put the pets in the back of the store, usually in a quiet area.
stephsmom98 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #46

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

I like the design in all . . .but i like holding on to the stuffed animals. It is the best part (for me that is).
Centex Homes 1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #47
mountainfairy

mountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud of

For those of you worried that you can't take the pet out the box because of resell-ability of the Webkinz you do not end up registering or because you would feel bad taking the "newness:"

*The front page of this thread/story says that retailers have a choice to order with OR without boxes. From the pictures on the front page, it looks the the tags are still attached in the usual way. Therefore, taking them out of the box shouldn't be a concern. Also, you could locate retailers that don't use boxes if you don't want to deal with the extra garbage or recycling. I'm sure many online-only retailers won't need to order boxes.

And just to clarify from my last post:

Yes I care very much about the earth and it would be better to abolish the packaging all together. The whole world would be a better place if everyone had the time and motivation to recycle and if shoplifters didn't prompt stores to increase the packaging for security. There may be a better solution and the box thing might (hopefully) be temporary until they figure out a better way. But considering that most retailers sell products in gobs of plastic/metal/and cardboard parts, I'd say Ganz is going light on the packaging relatively speaking. It's hard to make the best choice all of the time and, besides, Ganz is a business. Even with a few good intentions, large business tends to error on the side of their own needs. That's the way of the world.

mountainfairy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #48
MimiOR
MimiOR is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like the idea of the new packaging.

I'm glad they waited to announce until after Earth Day, because it seems like they're adding lots of useless packaging.

The code tags are still accessible, so it can't be a security issue.

It will add lots of expense with shipping. Webkinz used to fit into the smaller flat rate boxes, but not anymore! I'd be surprised if Ameriwade doesn't raise their shipping rate. I know all the sellers on eBay will have to.

It seems like a bad idea to me.
MimiOR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #49
oooow

Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade
Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade

How cute!! but sometimes its just more nicer to carry the pet and not a box
Lanawas is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #50
Diabetes Awareness

destiny727 is just really nicedestiny727 is just really nice

Shure thats cool that it prevents code stealing but now it`s wasting more trees! I thought GANZ was interested in saving the world, But gess not Like this totaly gose aganst the new "Lets Make The World A Better Place" Song. Now Most of the REAL webkinz animals will be even more in danjure
destiny727 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
bob is 100% awesome, not very green, o.o <-- me., so am i bobby!, you are beautiful!, you are beautiufl(:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: