Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #31
hovian ;)
Gifted

CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!

Default Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

View Post Originally Posted by cocoharry
I'm unable to find the scottish terrier even on ameriwade?

Also not understanding how this will prevent code theft, unless, as mentioned, it is enclosed in plastic?
I believe they are already preordered.

In Canada, some retailers take out the tags and store them behind the counter. The box looks stupid... can't someone just manipulate the plushie out of the way to steal the tag?
CandiiDucky is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #32
RalGash
Webkinz :)

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Hello, let me introduce you Ganz's latest Webkinz the Earth Puppy.

Let's make a video for the POTM Grey Owl about saving the Earth says Ganz.

Shortly afterwards they then introduce us to excessive packaging that a large percentage of which will end up in landfills. Because honestly not everyone bothers to recycle or has time to do recycling. Those that do recycle I salute you, you are few and far between and I appreciate it anyway.

This new packaging will take up way to much space in stores. That means retailers will buy less of them because they simply do not have the space.

Take a collecter of Webkinz that doesn't adopt every pet she buys. I put them on my shelves to admire them but I do keep them piled on top of each other because there simply isn't space for me to display them. Now I am trying to picture my 300+ Webkinz with all that packaging on them. I think I am going to make my selections even pickier, not because of cost but space.

You take the packaging off something it drastically loses value should you decide to trade or sell it in the future.
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #33

Evermore knows the way
Evermore knows the wayEvermore knows the way

This will be interesting to see how it all works out. But I really do hope that the price for Webkinz does not go up. And, also, I don't really see how the tag is protected... Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Evermore is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #34
it's Olive ♥

Catlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owl
Catlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owl

Cute!
Did they raise the prices though?
Catlover200710 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #35

Iggy has a brilliant futureIggy has a brilliant futureIggy has a brilliant futureIggy has a brilliant futureIggy has a brilliant future

They've had them in boxes like this at my local Walmart for a few weeks. I does make them stand out so you can find them and you can't help but notice them. You can see right in the picture that the tag is on the paw the same as it was before, so this is not going to help with stealing tags, so I don't see how that would be a reason.

Our Walmart had them in the box, but still had some not in boxes at a different part of the store.

I would come closer to thinking that some of the big box stores have requested packaging to make it easier to stock them prominently.

Iggy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #36
ImagineHappy1
Banned
ImagineHappy is just really niceImagineHappy is just really nice

I love this idea, It protects are Webbies until they get to our house, specially if your getting it shipped!
ImagineHappy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #37
Diabetes Awareness!

GreenGal17 is sweet stuff
GreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuff

Wow! I knew it! It was on the commercial I saw! Yes ! I like the boxes- so pretty...
GreenGal17 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #38
Love Life!
Gift Guru

Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest
Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest

Target was really bad, more that 2/3 had no tags. Do these boxes show what come with the pet? That would be great!
Gmagator is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #39
Bunny saves the clan
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine

Exclamation Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

I don't like this idea, it's a waste, and kills our earth! Tell ganz if you are against un-eco-friendly ideas! We need to stop killing our planet, this packaging kills trees, and makes more waste end up in landfills! I'm writing a letter to ganz! I hope everyone else does too! I won't be buying any webkinz sold in packaging! Shame on them for not thinking about this side of the concept, the store I go to (well, used to go to, I don't buy webkinz that often now, except to keep my account going) kept the tags behind the desk, this is a MUCH better idea, mark my words, i'm going to complain and not buy any webkinz sold in packaging. Please do the same!
luckypleo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #40
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

I work at a retailer that sells Webkinz - to combat theft, we remove the tags and keep them secure behind the counter. When someone comes to purchase their pet, we match the tags to the nametag on the pet's bottom, and then tie them back on. This prevents people from leaving without a tag, as the barcode is on the tag, and prevents us from having unhappy webkinz fans with no codes on their beautiful pets. Everyone has been incredibly understanding and appears to like the method.

I am disappointed that Ganz is being incredibly un-earth friendly with this packaging... while it is true that we are able to recycle the packaging if it is just cardboard, I'd prefer not to see that extra packaging enter the recycling system at all...
cocoharry is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
bob is 100% awesome, not very green, o.o <-- me., so am i bobby!, you are beautiful!, you are beautiufl(:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: