Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #21
slcoon
Webkinz :)

slcoon is a name known to allslcoon is a name known to allslcoon is a name known to all

Default Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

Those are interesting new boxes.
slcoon is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #22

gerbilsrawesome is cool as a bunny clowngerbilsrawesome is cool as a bunny clowngerbilsrawesome is cool as a bunny clowngerbilsrawesome is cool as a bunny clowngerbilsrawesome is cool as a bunny clowngerbilsrawesome is cool as a bunny clowngerbilsrawesome is cool as a bunny clowngerbilsrawesome is cool as a bunny clown

3 things bad about the boxes--1 it costs more, 2 it is less earth friendly, 3 you can still steal the tags! bad idea in my opinion.
gerbilsrawesome is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #23
Gifted

98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!

I have seen these new boxes at Walgreens. I think they are pretty cute.
98violet is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #24

MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness
MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness

I think this is a bad idea. It doesnt help keeping codes safe, it looks like. and, even if you recycle the boxes, not everyone will, and trees will still be cut down too make them.
MAKroll is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #25

cutiebug343 defies all odds
cutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all odds

This is a smart idea, but there's one con to this-- I'll probably end up hurting myself on the packaging if the 'Kinz are secured to the boxes.

View Post Originally Posted by cutiebug343
This is an interesting idea, but I found a con to this-- I'll probably end up hurting myself on the packaging if the 'Kinz are secured to the boxes.
cutiebug343 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #26
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

Thumbs down Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

The only thing the packaging does is give the illusion that a piece of fabric constructed of petroleum by-products by an underpaid worker in a foreign country might be worth $15. And maybe provide more advertising for Ganz. I'm with romeo on this one - can't they just design a (recycled/recyclable) plastic tag with a clip or lock mechanism?
Nereid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #27
Derp. XD

vjr2000 is a glorious beacon of lightvjr2000 is a glorious beacon of lightvjr2000 is a glorious beacon of light

Unhappy Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

In my opinion,
This is not smart....they just make more trash! At lest they should make them out of recycled bottles or something!
vjr2000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #28
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

I have mixed feeling about this new packaging.

Thieves are going to steal tags no matter how well they are consealed.

Lage bulkey boxes mean you need a larger bag to put them in, and a much larger box to ship them, which in turn means higher postage.

Yes, the boxes can be recycled, but I think the point is to avoid excess packaging in the first place.
big2gray is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #29
Disney Animation

snowspot10 is the cats pajamas!snowspot10 is the cats pajamas!snowspot10 is the cats pajamas!snowspot10 is the cats pajamas!snowspot10 is the cats pajamas!snowspot10 is the cats pajamas!

i do not like this! because when i get the pet i like to hug it and sleep with it and usally i still have the tag on cause i haven't put it on webkinz yet! I don't put all my webkinz on at once. And my mom said keep the tag on them in cause really fast i grow out of webkinz (which hasn't happened yet) so then we can sell them on ebay. But if they are now like this i would have to take them out of the box to sleep with them so them they aren't "brand new" like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
snowspot10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #30
mountainfairy

mountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud of

All of your environmental concerns about the extra packaging make sense, but I think Ganz is stuck with a difficult dilemma with the shoplifting. The reason they are taking extra measure to prevent shop lifting is to prevent loss of money right? Putting them at registers or in a locked case sounds like a solution, but they would just be trading one loss of money for another. I imagine most of their sales happen when children grab a Webkinz within their reach and beg their parents for it at the checkout. A lot of sales would be lost if the toys were not easily accessible to their primary audience. Even for adults who might pick one up out of convenience on their way home as an impulse buy or surprise for their kid would be deferred from the time over head of asking for assistance to access the Webkinz.

If we want to keep playing with our awesome Webkinz, Ganz needs to stay in business. I'd say your best bet right now is to recycle the boxes. It's up to us to carry out the environmentally friendly message that Ganz tries to spread throughout Webkinz world. Let's give them a helping hand and keep them in business at the same time.
mountainfairy is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
bob is 100% awesome, not very green, o.o <-- me., so am i bobby!, you are beautiful!, you are beautiufl(:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: