Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #121
PenPal Bunnies
Webkinz :)

penGwen has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Ganz Introducing New Webkinz Packaging for June 2011 Webkinz!

phew! before the update i was so mad, because that is worse for the environment! but as long as it's recycled, i'm happy! wouldn't it be funny if they made their elephant webkinz's boxes out of elephant dung products? there is a company that akes paper products from elephant dung! its really cool!
penGwen is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #122
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Again I have to say... the fact that it's RECYCLED cardboard that is going to end up in landfills does not make me feel any better about the packaging, sorry.

An extremely small percentage of the population recycles anything at all. Out of an entire apartment building I know of only 3 people that live there that recycle out of that whole building. That is 18 floors, 6 apartments to a floor, that means 3 apartments out of 108 recycle. Now when I walk my dog on garbage day this same calculation seems to apply. There are maybe a few good souls on a street that recycle.

Not everyone that recycles knows everything that they can recycle so that stuff ends up in landfills too. For a very long time we had no access to anyone that recycles cardboard, only paper. There are people to this day that do not know that you can recycle cardboard now. I had to proove this to a friend mine that does recycle that yes you can put cardboard in the recycling.

I repeat, as a trained professional that has worked in theft prevention good viigilance on the part of your employees prevents theft. This packaging will not stop thieves at all. Also, I see tags missing all the time off of Littlest Petshop toys that have the exact same packaging.

The new tags on the Webkinz are thinner making it easier just to snatch the tag off the toy. The thinner lighter plastic used on the tags is a big part of the problem. What people used to do before however when the plastic in the tags was thicker was just quickly slit the tag and pull out the paper which actually takes a little longer than just snatching the tag. No matter what you do thieves will figure it out.

Also to it's a good reminder to teach people at a very young age how serious the consequences are if you steal something. It's no longer just the jail time you have to worry about. Once you have been charged with theft you then have to deal with the following.

You are no longer bondable once you have a criminal charge for theft. This means you can't even work as a cashier in a gas station. You can't be trusted according to your charge for theft. Because you can't be trusted your employer's insurance will not cover you or your employer in the event of theft or robbery. What employer is going to trust a thief with his wares? This carries over to jobs in security and law enforcement as well.

Now never mind that you won't be able to work in Law Enforcement, Firefighting, Hospitals or even as a cashier you then run into problems finding a job period once employers do a background check. What respectable construction company wants a thief around all thier expensive equipment and materials? You think a car dealership? I can't think of one job where an employer would willfully hire a thief.

Then there's my personal favourite. KARMA.

Either way I can't see one good reason that justifies this packaging at all.

Oh and by the way I am not one of the 3 people that recycles. I still worry about the environment it's just not that easy for me to do because of my current physical limitations and the fact that space does not allow it.

I have even tried to ask for help with this and no one has time for it. You have to be able to carry everything downstairs and across a large parking lot to the recycling bins, it's the only place easy for the recycling guys to get at but it is a hugely long distance for me to go with the problems I have in my feet and legs and carry all that stuff. It's easier for me to walk down the hall and dump everything down the garbage shute. There are several people in my building with physical limitations and some of them have kids that collect Webkinz.

Just wanted bring this back up as well from another user so no one misses it.

View Post Originally Posted by luckypleo
I understand that some of you believe it will be recycled cardboard, and I have a couple things to say about that.
1. It only MAY be recycled.
2. Recycled still uses the original trees that were cut down and only a portion is recycled.
3. We don't need this packaging in the first place, so were wasting the recycled stuff.
4. People won't keep the cycle going, they'll throw it away afterwards.
5. Many people can't recycle if they wanted to, here, they charge us to do things like pick up extra trash.
6. the're excuse that the tags are being stolen obviously can't be true, because the only ones who think it will help are those who haven't seen them, those who have seen them say they can access the tag just as easily.
7. 2-5 aren't even true unless it turns out that the boxes actually are recycled, if not, trees are being cut straight down and used once on top of all this, period.

Shame on you ganz! Shame. And think about this, all of you who are to selfish to care about the environment.
BTW... 2 of my item suggestions for the Fans Choice was Git R Done Chainsaw and Clearcut Forest. :0)

Last edited by RalGash; 05-05-2011 at 07:37 AM..
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #123
Gifted

abeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond repute

While I don't think the boxes will do much for theft prevention (unless people are also trying to steal the plushes - mostly I just see plushes with no tags), they may do quite a bit for Webkinz advertising and display in stores. I can't tell you how many stores I go to where Webkinz are shoved on the back of some shelf because they are floppy and hard to display. They get dusty and mangled, it's really unfortunate. I was actually really happy to see the "sets" of Kinz and LilKinz at Walgreens because it was so nice to see Webkinz featured nicely on a store shelf. Plus, from the First Webkinz thread that I posted on as well, it's clear that many of us had no idea what Webkinz were when we first got them. The box would help clarify those things.
abeautifullife is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #124
Lil Kinz
danseaglegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me. I know a store near me who had just a bunch of pets without tags in the toy isle. I said something to them and of course I figure they noticed , so they had to put them behind the counter.
I think this is a good idea.
danseaglegirl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #125

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think it's a CHOICE. Which is what Ganz is doing offering stores a CHOICE.

I have seen a lot of Webkinz in Targets,Walmarts etc. They don't just loose their tags. They get damaged because they just get thrown in a big bin thing or wadded on a shelf. These types of stores are too big to put them behind a counter. Then the damaged Webbies get throw out or in other words WASTED in a landfill. They are much more likely to get goobered up & knocked on the floor. So I do understand the packaging.

I also see where using as little packaging as possible on all products is definitely better for the environment. But again different stores have different needs. The most ECO friendly Webkinz are the Estore which some prefer & some dislike. Again it's a Choice.

Consumers also have a CHOICE. If the packaging concerns you then you have a Choice where you buy them at. If you don't want the boxes you shouldn't buy them in the boxes. If you like the boxes better then buy them in the box. Life is about Choices.

Maybe we should ask Ganz to put a "PLEASE REMEMBER TO RECYCLE THIS BOX" label on them.

Last edited by Gwenda; 05-05-2011 at 10:14 AM..
Gwenda is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #126
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

The only packaging I have seen by Ganz that I approve of are for the small items such as clothing and body spray. Also the very thin boxes they use for the Webkinz combo specials like the ones I have seen at Costco with two full size Webkinz, one lil kinz and two sets of clothing. There is hardly any packaging to the Webkinz combo packages, in fact the cardboard is almost paper thin; they are enclosed thus making tags harder to snatch, and they are making full use of the box but putting several items inside of one box with a bit of cardboard instead of one item with 100 times more packaging.

Again, the tag is not enclosed in the box and is out waving at everyone that passes by begging them to snatch it. The packaging is nothing more than for display purposes.

As for Webkinz ending up in landfills, maybe stores have to take a serious look at thier policy on loss prevention instead of filling landfills inthier endless greedy pursuits of profit instead of thinking of the greater good of all.

Webkinz without tags can also be donated to charities where little kids that don't care if the tags are there or not can have them to play with. I don't see how Webkinz are ending up in landfills by the kazillions as I am reading in people efforts to justify this terrible choice in packaging just because they want the pretty boxes.

You like the boxes so much then make your own Webkinz box! Grab crayons, glue your computer printer. Grab the packaging off other webkinz stuff you have bought and make a collage on a box.

This new packaging for one single Webkinz is waaaaaaaay over the top.

I have seen single packaged Webkinz on display cards, alot less packaging this way. If it's a display issue then why not choose these instead?

Ah yes... but greed wins once again and silly people have no idea how much they are damaging the environment. Does those holes in the ozone layer only scare me?

Everyone does know that it requires a factory that puts out more pollution out into out environment in order to recycle stuff to keep it from going into landfills right? Yes you're saving trees but you are also helping to put holes in the ozone layer that protects us from getting to much sun. Too much sun can cause alot of damage such as sun poisoning and cancer. If you don't believe that sun poisoning exists ask a doctor, I have had sun poisoning. Not pleasant at all!

Remember, not everything is made entirely out of recycled materials. It only requires a small percentage and there is no regulating body in control of what can legally be called recycled. They don't have to tell you how much or what percent of that material is actually recycled.

And even so... it says the packaging MAY be made from recycled materials, sooo....

Not having to recycle in the first place is better for then environment. Why create more things to be recycled? Unless you like holes in the ozone layer allowing us all to be exposed to harm including all the other living creatures that share this planet with us.

Here is what you are doing by approving of this packaging and showing a complete apathy for our environment. Polluted air etc makes us all sick. Look how many kids have asthma these days compared to just 10 years ago!

YOU are helping to destroy trees, pollute the air by creating the items that need to be recycled of about maybe 5% actually goes into recycling and then polluting the air once again when it is all sent to another factory to be recycled. Think of all the chemicals and machines used to break these materials back down in a FACTORY.

Then of course pollution from electricity generated by nuclear power, gas and oil to operate the machines to create the packaging. Gas, oil etc to transport these materials in vehicles such as large transport trucks and garbage trucks which all in turn pollutes the environment.

My oldest brother works for Atlantic Packaging which does use recylced materials. Feel free to call and ask them all about recycling. :0)

The vast majority of us who can't recycle or for whatever other reason just don't have time, space or care about it, we will throw these boxes in with the rest of our garabage where it will end up in a landfill. I am someone who doesn't recycle believe it or not and for some people recycling is not even available in thier area.

So, only a small percentage actually gets recycled. Then if it does somehow get recycled again, again it's only another small percentage. So really it's best to just avoid the excess packaging altogether.

Please for the sake of every living creature on Earth including ourselves, Stand Back And Take A Look At The Big Picture and not just having pretty boxes on a shelf.

Last edited by RalGash; 05-05-2011 at 01:06 PM..
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #127
God made u beautiful
Gifted

webbieluvr1924 is a forum hero
webbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum hero

Honestly I liked it without the boxes. Hopefully my Hallmark will order them without the box packaging, then I can feel how squishy and "snuggable" they are even thought the stuffies will go to a yardsale sooner or later LOL. Also, this just ADDS to the amount of LITTER to our Earth, especially because Webkinz is very popular. So they aren't showing their green side to this. This also adds to the effort of taking the packaging off. I'm already lazy enough to live the blue ribbons on their paws... These better not end up like Barbies with the hair (or fur) sewn into the box! On the plus side, maybe this will make them and the codes harder to steal? We have that problem at my store sometimes... All together, though, I have mixed feelings about this :3

Last edited by webbieluvr1924; 05-05-2011 at 07:12 PM..
webbieluvr1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #128
call me Laci

warriorfan112 is a jewel in the roughwarriorfan112 is a jewel in the rough

bad idea!!!!

Its such a waste!!! like i know it helps prevent people from stealing them but......... we shouldnt be using boxes when plenty of trees r being cut down already!! im against it!!
warriorfan112 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #129
no day but today
pinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the wait
pinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the wait

I think the boxes are a good idea, because the box says what the webkinz is and stuff. Also, I think the Webkinz are attatched to the box with ties or something. It will help with the tag stealing problem. And if you guys think I'm too selfish to care about the earth, your wrong. If I buy a webkinz with a box, I will reuse it. You could make a lot of things out of those boxes, so if you can't recycle, try to reuse as many boxes as you can. The only bad thing is I'll probably cut myself trying to get the webkinz out of the box.
pinkbab89 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #130
One Just Ducky
Gift Guru

luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!
luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!

Donation Award 

Oh, I don't like this idea. It may make a cuter gift, in a box but that's about all. It seems like the tag is right out there, still and that is what seems to be the main target for shoplifters.The price, per Webkinz pet, will surely go up because I very highly doubt Ganz will will foot that cost. Also, now, online shipping will have to cost more. So while cute, not worth it, all around. And, of course, the matter of the trees. We need trees to keep our air clean. This is not a day for packaging that is not really helpful or needed.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by luvwebkinz; 05-05-2011 at 10:01 PM..
luvwebkinz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bob is 100% awesome, not very green, o.o <-- me., so am i bobby!, you are beautiful!, you are beautiufl(:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: