Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #81
Webkinz :)

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July

View Post Originally Posted by Hibiscus
I think I can read the writing on the wall...they're hoping to discontinue any and all physical merchandise and convert to online-only sales. For both plush pets and eStore pets, the same conceptual work and expense goes into making a pet, but for plush pets, they also have to produce the pet and ship it. (Plus lately the trend seems to be having to redesign the virtual pet so it matches the plush better, which only means more work and expense.)

I mean, look at it historically...they got rid of most of the physical merchandise piece by piece. Lil Kinz, trading cards, physical figurines, book marks, lip gloss and body spray, clothing for Webkinz, clothing for people (though you can still special order a shirt through the eStore), and most recently endangered signatures and small signatures. They can see that the economy is terrible, but die-hard Webkinz lovers still manage to acquire their favorite pets and items. So they figure they will get a bigger percentage of the retail price if there is no middleman, and no physical product.

I hate to be so cynical. It's not like me, really! But I think this is the beginning of the end. I'm going to start taking screen shots of all my stuff, so when they eventually pull the plug, they at least can't take away my ownership of my pixels!
Hibiscus, I couldn't agree more with what you wrote and you took the words right out of my mouth. I started taking screenshots of all of my pets and rooms a couple of months ago and will continue that project with even more dedication "just in case."

My 2¢ ~ I think WW will end up in the same boat as WW Jr. ~ no more manufacturing of the plushes but the site continues with limited updates. If Ganz keeps cutting back on plushes like this, I also think the eStore will be the way Ganz is going to go insofar as new pet releases are concerned. We'll probably see an increase in eStore pets overall, like we're seeing with the hamster of the month deal (and I seriously doubt we'll see a hamster plush Series 3).

Another 2¢ ~ Many people believe that the drastic cutback in Webkinz manufacturing of plushes is to pour money into Tail Towns. From the people I've talked to, Tail Towns is tanked before it even gets released .... it's already 3 months behind schedule and people have either forgotten about it or shown a huge decline in interest. Lots of people are leary about getting involved in another merchandise/web site tie-in with the name Ganz stamped all over it.

Tsk tsk tsk, Ganz ... you really blew this one and thank gawd I had no intentions of getting involved with Tail Towns in the first place. One Ganz hobby/semi-addiction is enough to keep up with on the frustration and money-spending levels.
MysticZon is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #82

Powerpuffgirls is just really nicePowerpuffgirls is just really nice

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

I think this is VERY wired! Why is ganz doing this? I am not that worry though. Webkinz is not that popular where i live! There is a store called american greeting and it still has webkinz from january! I just hope that i can get the webkinz that i like!
Powerpuffgirls is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #83
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

View Post Originally Posted by Powerpuffgirls
I think this is VERY wired! Why is ganz doing this? I am not that worry though. Webkinz is not that popular where i live! There is a store called american greeting and it still has webkinz from january! I just hope that i can get the webkinz that i like!
I think Ganz is doing this because webkinz aren't very popular anymore and I think eentually there will be no plushes. I think they will go to all estore.
cheekyluver is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #84

s7sma is a name known to alls7sma is a name known to alls7sma is a name known to all

Why would webkinz start TV adds for the fist time and them limit the availabilty didn't this say Amerawad was being limited on what they can order maybe that means retailer are not .Justice sure had more the 3 Hippie Hippos. i think we sould all wait and see before going to E-Bay and overspend.
s7sma is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #85

Powerpuffgirls is just really nicePowerpuffgirls is just really nice

I would be sad if it went to all e store!! I love th plush! Ganz better not stop making plush!
Powerpuffgirls is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #86
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

This is so disappointing! I am practically speechless!
Queen of Sheba is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #87

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

If they decide to go all e-store...I won't spend 10 dollars a pet. Honestly, just to add more pixels, I'd say 3-5 dollars maybe. You might as well be playing Pokemon, where you can add to your collection and spend nothing.
This decision by Ganz about WW does NOT inspire me to run out and try to grab the few Webkinz on the shelf. Just the opposite. I'm afraid to spend more money on a company that is giving the appearance of sinking.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #88

chiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to behold

Maybe there is a problem with the suppliers. Cotton is supposed to be taking quite a price jump.
chiclet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #89
NancyDfan

NancyDrew will become famous soon enough

There is so many wonderful comments I agree with I can't even keep count. As with the others, I suspect I might need to start screencapping now to keep these memories. Oh I hope they don't go away. All the effort I have spent. First of all, I think this is a result of two things.

One: riding the huge wave of increased popularity they had, GANZ began to create more products in a hope to increase their profits: Zumbuddies, Hamsters, Signatures, etc. The problem? After the initial phase, they're simply not popular enough and wound up costing a lot of money -- more than I think they got in return. I ran out and got a first series Zumbuddy but have not purchased one more. Honestly, why do I need more? I always have two Hamsters. I have the Halloween and Christmas one but again, why do I need more? I have enough to play in those areas.

Two: GANZ has been pushing the E-store harder as the months have passed. It grew disgusting to me when they had an article talking about how wonderful the e-store items were -- by the golden dragon!! Really? I have nothing against the e-store, but I do not purchase from there often. I have a deluxe membership and purchase things only with the points I receive. I will never purchase a pet because I can never hold it, and when Webkinz is no longer there, I will still have that plushie. BUT the estore is much more of a money-maker than plushies are and I think GANZ -- well, they're greedy. They may be decreasing in popularity but I hold to greed. They could do less pets a month and still have the same effect. Hopefully, like with the Whimsical Dragon, they will release more if it's popular enough.

I was really hoping to get the Petal Puppy. I am fortunate enough to still have newer pets shipping to my local Hallmark and will have to call to make sure they reserve me one. Oh joy! The trials of a webkinz fan! I will, however, not pay overload for it on ebay. No thank you!
NancyDrew is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #90
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
If they decide to go all e-store...I won't spend 10 dollars a pet. Honestly, just to add more pixels, I'd say 3-5 dollars maybe. You might as well be playing Pokemon, where you can add to your collection and spend nothing.
This decision by Ganz about WW does NOT inspire me to run out and try to grab the few Webkinz on the shelf. Just the opposite. I'm afraid to spend more money on a company that is giving the appearance of sinking.
Since I have thought that for a long time. I have been buying the plush only for only five to six dollars on Ebay.
cheekyluver is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
you are beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: