Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #51
Webkinz :)

MetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud of

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July

My personal thought is that they are going to go to limited physical plush animals and start to move toward virtual. If they are going to do that, I hope we will see the price decrease for the virtual animals. I already think it is beyond rediculous of Ganz to offer the virtual pets for the same price as the plush pets. That drives me insane. If I can't get the plushies anymore, I doubt I will add many more pets to my accounts. We have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on this hobby of ours. But a lot of the changes that Ganz is making is keeping us from putting as much into Webkinz.
MetalMama is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #52

Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!Snowbunny_098 is the cats pajamas!

What if my stores don't get them
I don't know what I would do if i didn't get the Petal Puppy
Snowbunny_098 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #53
Diabetes Awareness

hooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by Hibiscus
I think I can read the writing on the wall...they're hoping to discontinue any and all physical merchandise and convert to online-only sales. For both plush pets and eStore pets, the same conceptual work and expense goes into making a pet, but for plush pets, they also have to produce the pet and ship it. (Plus lately the trend seems to be having to redesign the virtual pet so it matches the plush better, which only means more work and expense.)

I mean, look at it historically...they got rid of most of the physical merchandise piece by piece. Lil Kinz, trading cards, physical figurines, book marks, lip gloss and body spray, clothing for Webkinz, clothing for people (though you can still special order a shirt through the eStore), and most recently endangered signatures and small signatures. They can see that the economy is terrible, but die-hard Webkinz lovers still manage to acquire their favorite pets and items. So they figure they will get a bigger percentage of the retail price if there is no middleman, and no physical product.

I hate to be so cynical. It's not like me, really! But I think this is the beginning of the end. I'm going to start taking screen shots of all my stuff, so when they eventually pull the plug, they at least can't take away my ownership of my pixels!
I hate to say it, but I kind of have to agree with you. Hopefully it's not "the beginning of the end" but you never know. I really like your middle paragraph because you're right, they have slowly taken things away. People still love Webkinz though! I got a Twilight Dragon today! But everyone: stay optimistic! They haven't confirmed any other bad news, so, like other people have said, let's keep our fingers crossed.
hooray101 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #54
ebkinz ExtravaGANZa!

extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness
extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness

This stinks. I was planning on getting all of the July Webkinz and now since my Webkinz Retailer is kind of small, I might have a hard time getting these magnificent webkinz.
extravaGANZa is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #55
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

i am sure this means everyone who gets them will auction to make up the loss of quantity. i really hate to hear this
jagular is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #56
Unregistered

wow..awful news 2 me because itll be heard to get for me

cg7gg
Old 05-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #57

pigtoes95 has a spectacular aura about

that's not soo not fair, the workers of the store should be able to order more than 3! it will be hard once they are sold out.
pigtoes95 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #58
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

Not exactly a wise business move. I have to order all my plushies on line because they aren't sold here. Oh well...like another poster...I need to get my Webkinz house in order, take screenshots and hope for the best while being prepared for the worst.
Angel Daisy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #59
Where Forth Bunny?

romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!romeo is not just visiting!

Yeah, sounds like more virtual focus to me, too.

Personally, I'd already decided not to $invest$ more and marked my birthday (last month) as the monetary finale. I lasted four months before reaching my gluttony threshold and triggering my de-clutter instincts (fyi: I've kept five plushies, for specific times of year).
Click the image to open in full size.
I love Webkinz, but I hope they make enough profit elsewhere (like from the ads I block) b/c they've already gotten more money from me than I'd intended.
romeo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #60
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by miss spots
why don't they cut back on the NUMBER of different pets each month and make/distribute without limits only 2 or 3 plushies that would seem to be more popular.
I agree with you, Miss Spots. Instead of limiting how many of each pet, why not put out just one or two pets a month. I collect bears and really want the sunbear and hope I will be able to find it. Guess I will be out July 1st looking for them at a couple of places that might have it.
marnabear is online now Female Reply With Quote

Tags
you are beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: