Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #41
ill be loved
Gift Guru

jenniferpro has disabled reputation

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July

I don't like this, GANZ- maybe you should rethink what your customer's reactions may be?
jenniferpro is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #42
oooow
Webkinz :)

Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade
Lanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comradeLanawas is a saintly comrade

That isnt good news at all! Well looks like officially Ganz has lost it
I hope this is just a summer time thing or it will be even more difficult to buy webkinz!
Hope they sort it out soon
Lanawas is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #43

firepuck has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Wow! I'm just sick about this. My family and I have spent thousands of dollars over the past 5 years on Webkinz anything. This recent change of what is available to buy each month is both ridiculous and scary. I'm trying to stay positive but can't help but wonder what it's all about. I hope Ganz will speak up soon regarding this so that "we" can all stop worrying about this.
firepuck is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #44
Gifted

lilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clown

This really freaks me out, I really hope they release some more info, or you all find out more. Hopefully like others said it's only for summer/temporary.
lilduckey99 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #45
ants a REAL peacock!

Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!

I think I can read the writing on the wall...they're hoping to discontinue any and all physical merchandise and convert to online-only sales. For both plush pets and eStore pets, the same conceptual work and expense goes into making a pet, but for plush pets, they also have to produce the pet and ship it. (Plus lately the trend seems to be having to redesign the virtual pet so it matches the plush better, which only means more work and expense.)

I mean, look at it historically...they got rid of most of the physical merchandise piece by piece. Lil Kinz, trading cards, physical figurines, book marks, lip gloss and body spray, clothing for Webkinz, clothing for people (though you can still special order a shirt through the eStore), and most recently endangered signatures and small signatures. They can see that the economy is terrible, but die-hard Webkinz lovers still manage to acquire their favorite pets and items. So they figure they will get a bigger percentage of the retail price if there is no middleman, and no physical product.

I hate to be so cynical. It's not like me, really! But I think this is the beginning of the end. I'm going to start taking screen shots of all my stuff, so when they eventually pull the plug, they at least can't take away my ownership of my pixels!
Hibiscus is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #46
hovian ;)
Gifted

CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!

They probably did this to make room (in everyone's wallets) for Tail Towns or whatever.
CandiiDucky is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #47
ants a REAL peacock!

Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by CandiiDucky
They probably did this to make room (in everyone's wallets) for Tail Towns or whatever.
This will sound even more cynical, but I will believe that when (and more likely if) that website ever gets launched! What are we now, nearly three months past the advertised launch date?
Hibiscus is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #48
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

OK so does this mean that even regular webkinz that aren't the limited ones will be limited too?
Arte's Fan is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #49

MissyC is a jewel in the roughMissyC is a jewel in the rough

I don't know if I'm falling for this one . I bought a Hippie Hippo from eBay for higher-than-usual price thinking that they were rare, just to find out that you could find them in many stores for regular price.
MissyC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #50
Everybodyy

webbieluver is a WI addict!
webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!webbieluver is a WI addict!

Oh noes! And i really like that Petal Puppy........
webbieluver is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
you are beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: