Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #141
Webkinz :)

Eustace McTuppe is a jewel in the roughEustace McTuppe is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

I have to be honest, this news really freaked me out a bit. I even said to my husband that I was worried, because it makes me wonder if its only the first in a series of steps designed to increase the price of Webkinz pets. I have anticipated this for awhile, and I really hope I'm wrong and its just an oversight or something similar
Eustace McTuppe is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #142
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

i appreciate what justin told us and all, as im glad SOMEBODY can get some information out of this company, but i really dont buy the explanation because they make up stuff all the time, and if it is really true, why does this information have to come from justin and not ganz? the customer doesnt get any respect or explanation for this fiasco? is it a fiasco or will this be business as usual from now on? we are not being told and i guess even what justin was told was through a retailer and not ganz themself. this is ganz being ganz........... i dont believe for one minute this wasnt intentional for what ever reason they have. they like to play dumb but they are nothing of the sort.

nonetheless justin thanks for the information. even tho it is not verified at least its something.
and lets say its true, the retailers should have been told three months ago of this 'plan' instead of blindsiding them............. let alone we the customer. but why care about us when they bully the retailer to buy a bunch of them they already have their money, so why care about us.

this is really a bad bad move by them. it further erodes any credibility or trust ,which was low to begin with for many of us.
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #143
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

I agree with many of you, that the PLUSHIES are a MUST!

I can't justify all the virtual expense without a TANGIBLE item that coinsides...

Our family only represents four customers, but we spend A LOT on plushies, trading cards, klip-its, stickers, clothing, etc.....

And if we can't have any REAL ITEMS, we will NOT be spending any more money on GANZ.

Please, Ganz - do NOT stop making stuffed animals!

Stuffed animals are TIMELESS - EVERY child has them and every gift shop has them! It would narrow your customer base down DRASTICALLY to only target internet gamers...

I know grandmothers with a pile of Webkinz plush toys that NEVER play on the Website.

With Trepidation,
Bankskinz
Bankskinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #144
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

D'awwwww. I liked a few of these. Oh well. Better start saving up so I can hit the mall on the first day of July and get all the pets I want before they all sell out.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #145
ebkinz rocks!

Webkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Initially this is worrisome but I think it is not as bad as it sounds. Here's my two cents:

There have already been a lot of great comments and thanks to Justin for the information you provided. I think that while the eStore is being pushed a lot lately obviously due to reduced production costs, this doesn't signal the end of plush pets.

Ganz may have certain issues as a company but then so do most companies. One thing Ganz is not in my opinion, is a stupid company. There are very smart business minds in that company and I'm sure they realize the need to have a plush presence to attract new customers. They also probably realize that their plush pets let them cross over into the market of "grandmothers" who just collect the pets as stuffed animals. For these reasons, they will not look to completely eliminate plush pets, but simply reduce the number of new ones they put out until more of the old stock is sold. There are many people who will buy the older stock for various reasons but are not as enticed to if something new is always added to the selection. For instance, with this TV ad campaign people have mentioned, new members to WW will be perfectly happy buying a pet who is not newly released as long as they like the pet. Also there are people like myself who are trying to collect older retired pets which may still be on the shelf because we now have an interest in collecting. For these reasons, I do not think we need to fear the disappearance of plush pets entirely.

On the other hand, like someone said, a business must adapt to the market and when you increase supply over demand as Ganz has done you must lower supply to stay profitable. While many diehard collectors may be upset about it being difficult to get every new pet for a while, this move is aimed at reducing the overstock situation that Webkinz is experiencing. Hopefully when that corrects itself, the availabliity of new pets will go back up.

Also people look at figures about site traffic and worry about Ganz closing the site. I don't think this is ever likely to happen, despite the disclaimer on their site. The website itself is not terribly expensive, provides ad revenue to Ganz, and even if Ganz entirely stopped selling plush pets (highly unlikely in my opinion) they could make enough money through deluxe memberships and existing estore customers to generate revenue. Therefore I see a long future for the site. Although I think it is always wise to take screenshots like some members "just in case", I think Ganz knows it would be very damaging to their corporate image if they closed the site at anytime. That many unhappy people spreading negativity about Ganz would probably ruin most other endeavors they pursue and would not be worth it for the comparatively small price of hosting the site.

Well as a university student starting a business program next year, that's my thoughts.

Webkinzguy4life is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #146
Gift Trainee
wendylouwho10 is on a distinguished road

short run of pets leads to price run up. ie beanie baby and you know what happened to them. I will not buy. unfair marketing!
wendylouwho10 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #147
Jesus Saves

Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!

I hope that its just a mistake on the part of Ganz. Cause I have to get the camel.
Orca12296 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #148
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

Well...you sound well-grounded and probably have a great future in front of you. I sort of fit the granny category, however, and let me tell you - I am afloat in plushies. I buy felines because I collect them, and then pets with PSI's that appeal to me. SO they could phase out plushies in favor of e-store only and I wouldn't be hurting. Also, webkinz in general are very hard to get here. So I need to order my pets on line.

Well..the perfect answer for Ganz would be to run an internet physical plushie site, plus a virtual only plushie site. There are a zillion plushies who are not coming into my home, but who would be welcome as pets on my accounts!

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzguy4life
Initially this is worrisome but I think it is not as bad as it sounds. Here's my two cents:

There have already been a lot of great comments and thanks to Justin for the information you provided. I think that while the eStore is being pushed a lot lately obviously due to reduced production costs, this doesn't signal the end of plush pets.

Ganz may have certain issues as a company but then so do most companies. One thing Ganz is not in my opinion, is a stupid company. There are very smart business minds in that company and I'm sure they realize the need to have a plush presence to attract new customers. They also probably realize that their plush pets let them cross over into the market of "grandmothers" who just collect the pets as stuffed animals. For these reasons, they will not look to completely eliminate plush pets, but simply reduce the number of new ones they put out until more of the old stock is sold. There are many people who will buy the older stock for various reasons but are not as enticed to if something new is always added to the selection. For instance, with this TV ad campaign people have mentioned, new members to WW will be perfectly happy buying a pet who is not newly released as long as they like the pet. Also there are people like myself who are trying to collect older retired pets which may still be on the shelf because we now have an interest in collecting. For these reasons, I do not think we need to fear the disappearance of plush pets entirely.

On the other hand, like someone said, a business must adapt to the market and when you increase supply over demand as Ganz has done you must lower supply to stay profitable. While many diehard collectors may be upset about it being difficult to get every new pet for a while, this move is aimed at reducing the overstock situation that Webkinz is experiencing. Hopefully when that corrects itself, the availabliity of new pets will go back up.

Also people look at figures about site traffic and worry about Ganz closing the site. I don't think this is ever likely to happen, despite the disclaimer on their site. The website itself is not terribly expensive, provides ad revenue to Ganz, and even if Ganz entirely stopped selling plush pets (highly unlikely in my opinion) they could make enough money through deluxe memberships and existing estore customers to generate revenue. Therefore I see a long future for the site. Although I think it is always wise to take screenshots like some members "just in case", I think Ganz knows it would be very damaging to their corporate image if they closed the site at anytime. That many unhappy people spreading negativity about Ganz would probably ruin most other endeavors they pursue and would not be worth it for the comparatively small price of hosting the site.

Well as a university student starting a business program next year, that's my thoughts.

Angel Daisy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #149
CC1028
CC1028 is on a distinguished road

Click the image to open in full size.Horrible move ganz. You will lose 75% of your custumers. Estore needs to be under control. Nobody needs to buy a stupid virtual pet.(I agree that they are all cute) Ganz, many of your estore pets can be made into cute plushies.

By the way, how do you all make avatars? I am kind of new to the site and I have no idea how to make a cool avatar.

Last edited by CC1028; 05-30-2011 at 08:29 AM..
CC1028 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #150
Lil Kinz
looc9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July

View Post Originally Posted by animalsrock!34
You know, I've been less obsessed with Webkinz for the past few months- I haven't bought any since March, and some of you older users have probably noticed that I have hardly ever been on.
In fact, right now, I'm prefering the plushies to the actual online pets and site. The site is kind of boring for me. I prefer games that you can actually connect and chat with other members on... easily, at least.
I do not want Webkinz to just be online. The plushes are what I like best about it. So Ganz, you might lose at least one member if you make it too hard to get plushies.
i'm exactly the same as you right now!!!! haven't bought a webkinz since march, don't really go on anymore, and i have started to prefer plushies to online pets! i remember i used to like the online pets and just stored away the plush, but now the plush is my favorite. i haven't had anything to do with webkinz for the past 1-2 months, and if this continues (they promote e-store only pets, and take away the plush) then i will just quit webkinz overall.
looc9 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
you are beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: