Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #131
RalGash
Webkinz :)

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

I went to my friend's store after I posted here to see what she had to say and as soon as I walked in she snapped. She is absolutely livid and couldn't wait to talk to someone who understands. She origionally based the idea of her store around selling Ganz products and has had to of course diversify or go under!

On a happy note Ganz was very polite with her on the phone and even credit her account back the money they charged her for her boxed Webkinz Grizzly Bears.

However... she is still angry because often what happens to her is that she doesn't get ANY of the new Webkinz when she orders them and the stuff she does get comes long after everyone else has gotten it which is why she nearly gave up in the first place. She feels like she has been kicked in the face and lied to. I had to stop her from taking everything off the shelf and throwing it in the garbage she is really really mad!

Am I allowed to post the name of my friend's store? I would really like to share it with everyone.

Btw the boxed bears were the only new Webkinz she got this month!

Oh and I repeat my idea that I posted elsewhere. DO NOT BUY WEBKINZ AT THE BIG BOX STORES! That's part of what is making the problme worse.

My friend pays $7.50 per Webkinz to Ganz wholesale and then I walk in after going to the mall and tell her about Carlton cards selling the Webkinz she just bought for $4.00!!!

Keep as much of your money in the independent retailors as possible, Please do your best to keep your major shopping away from the major franchises. You would be amazed at the bargains you can find at an independently owned store if you hunt around. Some shops will even make deals with you too.

Ganz fears the Flea Markets as well which is why they make retailors sign a contract promising thier Webkinz will not show up at the flea market or Ebay. It's amazing how much Ganz keeps the little guys under thier thumbs.

This has actually created a form of black market between retailors and flea market vendors. Sometimes Webkinz are even shipped from the US in bulk from a store acting secretly as a wholesaler to flea market vendors and people that do shows and events. It's absolutley amazing and sounds completely unbelievable but there is no way I am the only one on here that knows about this bizzarre Webkinz underworld.

Last edited by RalGash; 05-28-2011 at 01:01 AM..
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #132

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

I would love to buy them at the smaller stores. But either they've all gone out of business, sell even the older webkinz for $17.50, and are flat out refusing to order more new ones. Pretty sad. All I have now is Hallmark (which recently brought Webkinz back, they have the tags behind the counter now), and Justice.
Lambchop77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #133
AbbyFlower7

AbbyL714 is a jewel in the roughAbbyL714 is a jewel in the rough

Cool Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

omg some of those pets r so ugly and some r so cute, how does ganz do it?
AbbyL714 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #134
Diabetes Awareness!

buts2 has a spectacular aura about

Wow! What is Ganz doing? I was hoping to get a few of those pets, but not with that limited stock! I mean 3!?? That's a LITTLE extreme.

Cookie.
buts2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #135
Lilie123454
Banned

Ke$harocks is on a distinguished road

oh well maybe it was a mistake but i am sure if you get to the store earlier enough you can get the one you want
Ke$harocks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #136
elcome back to WI!

imaginepink has a spectacular aura about

I think Ganz wants to focus less on the plush pets and more on the eStore, they discovered a free way to get tons of cash pouring in from customers and I think they want to make it the best they can. At the same time though, any would-be new members of webkinz who start up by seeing the Plushies on a shelf are no longer going to have that opportunity, so in that case they are losing business. Luckily somehow my retailers are always small enough to fall under Ganz's "patrol" of how many pets they have in stock, how old they are etc. One of my stores had a TON of hippie hippos and shelves full of long retired pets such as the collie, jackpot!
Hugs,Monica
imaginepink is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #137
ebkinz Lover!

zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait
zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait

In the webkinz store locator, for my city they said they have 5 shop but when I call this places, 3 of them are not selling it anymore, one of this 3 sell only club penguin plush because is more rentable.

The two other, one is in the city near here (maybe 20 minutes in car to go at the store) and the other have some plush but she said they have a only some plush and don't buy it since the last year...

So if ameriwade are limited too... It will be hard to have pets!!!

How can we become a retailer? Can I do that for received the limited plush and keep it for myself?
zebultux is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #138

hugged has disabled reputation

This is very upsetting. Maybe Ganz is only giving Ameriwade a few because they don't think these pets will do very well. The faster those few are sold, maybe Ganz will realize they are doing well and will give Ameriwade more. Or something like this.....I don't know.
hugged is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #139

Pandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacity
Pandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by RalGash
I went to my friend's store after I posted here to see what she had to say and as soon as I walked in she snapped. She is absolutely livid and couldn't wait to talk to someone who understands. She origionally based the idea of her store around selling Ganz products and has had to of course diversify or go under!

On a happy note Ganz was very polite with her on the phone and even credit her account back the money they charged her for her boxed Webkinz Grizzly Bears.

However... she is still angry because often what happens to her is that she doesn't get ANY of the new Webkinz when she orders them and the stuff she does get comes long after everyone else has gotten it which is why she nearly gave up in the first place. She feels like she has been kicked in the face and lied to. I had to stop her from taking everything off the shelf and throwing it in the garbage she is really really mad!

Am I allowed to post the name of my friend's store? I would really like to share it with everyone.

Btw the boxed bears were the only new Webkinz she got this month!

Oh and I repeat my idea that I posted elsewhere. DO NOT BUY WEBKINZ AT THE BIG BOX STORES! That's part of what is making the problme worse.

My friend pays $7.50 per Webkinz to Ganz wholesale and then I walk in after going to the mall and tell her about Carlton cards selling the Webkinz she just bought for $4.00!!!

Keep as much of your money in the independent retailors as possible, Please do your best to keep your major shopping away from the major franchises. You would be amazed at the bargains you can find at an independently owned store if you hunt around. Some shops will even make deals with you too.

Ganz fears the Flea Markets as well which is why they make retailors sign a contract promising thier Webkinz will not show up at the flea market or Ebay. It's amazing how much Ganz keeps the little guys under thier thumbs.

This has actually created a form of black market between retailors and flea market vendors. Sometimes Webkinz are even shipped from the US in bulk from a store acting secretly as a wholesaler to flea market vendors and people that do shows and events. It's absolutley amazing and sounds completely unbelievable but there is no way I am the only one on here that knows about this bizzarre Webkinz underworld.
i feel bad for your friend! but, a store that sells just Ganz products IS a VERY good idea!! but, that is not fair that Ganz is doing this!!! While kids are looking for, say the petal puppy, and they look in one store and find the Sun Bear instead. they think they will buy the sun bear and STILL look for the petal puppy. ( that's my idea of what will happen) hope your friend isn't mad for a long time!!

hopefully if i find your friend's store, RalGash, i will go to it. Maybe if she is lucky enough. she will get onto the store locator!!! hope she isn't mad for long!!♫

Last edited by Pandalover4ever; 05-28-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Pandalover4ever is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #140
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Pandalover4ever
i feel bad for your friend! but, a store that sells just Ganz products IS a VERY good idea!! but, that is not fair that Ganz is doing this!!! While kids are looking for, say the petal puppy, and they look in one store and find the Sun Bear instead. they think they will buy the sun bear and STILL look for the petal puppy. ( that's my idea of what will happen) hope your friend isn't mad for a long time!!

hopefully if i find your friend's store, RalGash, i will go to it. Maybe if she is lucky enough. she will get onto the store locator!!! hope she isn't mad for long!!♫
She managed to get on the store locator a long time ago. The problem is that people have trouble finding her because they spelled the avenue that she is on wrong.

They added a letter, LOL

Last edited by RalGash; 05-28-2011 at 11:41 PM..
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
you are beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: