Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #121
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

I think I know why they're doing this, It's to push more E-store Sales. Think about it why make plushies when you can just sell Pixels .
robertcleveland is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #122
Webkinz :)
Donnajean is on a distinguished road

If I remember correctly this problem occurred with the beanie babies - and a lot of parents and grandparents quit trying to find them - too much hassle - not worth standing in line for a chance to get one.
I personally think limiting availability is going to have a negative affect on Ganz ! they will be going from one extreme to the other - first they flooded the market and you could
find them everywhere. And now ??
Donnajean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #123
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
According to what I've heard from retailers, they've been told by Ganz that production schedules are set far in advance... In fact, 3 months in advance is fairly normal. So, this production run was scheduled on the low end with an expected decrease in demand during the second quarter of the FY. They've admitted it was a mistake and, with the advertising campaign to launch this summer, inventory levels should go back to the normal limit of 6 per style, except on the designated "limited" release each month (IE: Hippie Hippo).
Thanks for the reassuring info Justin
NedOwl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #124

tditdatdm is a jewel in the roughtditdatdm is a jewel in the rough

this is dumb for somebody who can't use the estore if all pets are going there i am just gonna give up on WW and move to something else
tditdatdm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #125
e the people...

MintyPuppy is a splendid one to beholdMintyPuppy is a splendid one to beholdMintyPuppy is a splendid one to beholdMintyPuppy is a splendid one to behold

I definitely do NOT like this at all. Is Ganz TRYING to get rid of webkinz altogether?

Ganz is probably trying to push the e-store, but I am not buying anything from it. The plushies are too cute (well most of them ) Why waste your money on pixels and not real items? I also wish they still made clothing, perfume, mousepads, etc. Plus, I am not planning on going on tail town or amazing world.

Last edited by MintyPuppy; 05-27-2011 at 05:56 PM..
MintyPuppy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #126
girle101

pompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonderpompomkitty10 wows us all with wonder

Oh no. I just LOVE the Petal Puppy.It's so cute!
pompomkitty10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #127
queenmissy6 has disabled reputation

Unusual. I like it!
queenmissy6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #128

luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July

View Post Originally Posted by slcoon
That's a shame even though I don't buy things online.
Me either. Ganz is going to lose me as a coutomer if they keep this up.
View Post Originally Posted by bluedogfrog
Are you serious! Well, that's horrible! I doubt I will be able to get any of the July pets if that's how things are going!
Yeah! I really wanted some of those pets, too!
View Post Originally Posted by doggoneit
Aw! I might have a hard time finding those pets.
You might not even FIND them at all.
View Post Originally Posted by suzee
This soooooooooooooooooooooooo unfair!
What is with Ganz?
I was really hoping to get the Petal Puppy but who knows now?

suzee
I know. Ganz, you made a HUGE mistake. Really? 3 pets? C'mon, at LEAST 5....
View Post Originally Posted by cupcake00497
Oh great....what fun, now I have to contact the place I go get webbies and ask them to hold on to the pets I want for July. (when they get them in of course)

Maybe Ganz is trying make more people buy from the estore and less from stores............
View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I think they are phasing out plushies, and pushing for all e-store pets. It's the only explanation that fits.
Maybe, but that is stupid. Most parents say. "No! You cant physiclly do anything with it. What a waste. Estore. hmph."
View Post Originally Posted by pikachukick900
asdfghjkl; I wanted that Petal Puppy! *double facepalm* On the good side, there's that Estore bunny coming out.
Yeah...
View Post Originally Posted by grammak
What? It costs too much to produce great plushies?????
View Post Originally Posted by Nereid
Hmm, the silver lining here seems to be that there will be less Mohawk Monkeys around...

Worst...pet...ever.

Well, the other part of this is we are on year 6 of the Wekinz phenom. Anyone older than fifteen will remember Beanie Babies had their heyday for about the same amount of time...AND Beanie Baby collecting now seems like a comparatively cheap hobby when you take into account Deluxe memberships and EStore purchases and that Webkinz generally go $10 to $25 a pop. Not to mention kids that started with this at about age 7 are aging out. No wonder they've started airing commercials.
Yeah..........
View Post Originally Posted by stephsmom98
This is what I was afraid of and I can see it coming. Many of our stores in our area, and we live in a fairly large area, don't sell Webkinz anymore. There are only a few stores left except for Justice for Girls and even they aren't getting in all the new Webkinz. It is probably a smart move on their part since it costs way too much for Ganz to ship out all the new ones they produce, but if this happens, my husband won't be keen on me ordering online. I wish I could so I might have to end Webkinz or just get one a year
BUT I DON'T WANNA BE REDUCED TO ONE A YEAR EITHER!!
View Post Originally Posted by bunnygirl371
I agree. That totally makes sense. How scary and sad though! Plushies are so cute and nice to have...and I feel like Ganz will lose business if they move to all estore. Although I personally purchase estore pets, they are a bit of a waste of money with no physical item...without selling plushes they'll lose nearly half their users!
They will lose me...
luvteh is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #129

luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!luvteh is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
According to what I've heard from retailers, they've been told by Ganz that production schedules are set far in advance... In fact, 3 months in advance is fairly normal. So, this production run was scheduled on the low end with an expected decrease in demand during the second quarter of the FY. They've admitted it was a mistake and, with the advertising campaign to launch this summer, inventory levels should go back to the normal limit of 6 per style, except on the designated "limited" release each month (IE: Hippie Hippo).
Nevermind, Webkinz, I'll be waiting for you to show up at Wal-mart! Thanks, justin!
luvteh is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #130
Lil Kinz
Quincyincy is an unknown quantity at this point

Red face Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

No!! They can't do this, I'm already mad about the Razzle Dazzle dog and the Hippie Hippo its unfair that you can't get a webkinz because you didn't get lucky!! I really hope I can get a petal puppy. I hope its only a one time thing, and please respond if you know this but why on Ameriwade can I not pre-order the june webkinz? I can't find them for sale anywhere please help me.
Current owner and queen of 7 cheeky dogs
Quincyincy is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
you are beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: