Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #111
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)
 
Desty's Avatar
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
According to what I've heard from retailers, they've been told by Ganz that production schedules are set far in advance... In fact, 3 months in advance is fairly normal. So, this production run was scheduled on the low end with an expected decrease in demand during the second quarter of the FY. They've admitted it was a mistake and, with the advertising campaign to launch this summer, inventory levels should go back to the normal limit of 6 per style, except on the designated "limited" release each month (IE: Hippie Hippo).
This is good news!
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #112
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru
 
Angel Daisy's Avatar
Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

View Post Originally Posted by Lambchop77
I know I've been cutting back, and it's things like this that help me to do so. Either I have to pay some higher amount on Ebay, or search my locals stores endlessly, only to find out that the 3 they were supposed to get never came. Because other stores got the whole allotment. Very frustrating, and really makes it not very fun.

I love webkinz, and have so many now that I can enjoy what I have. I will buy new ones, only if I REALLY want it, and can find it at the right/fair price. I'm not going to pay $35-40 for a regular webkinz because Ganz wants to limit them like this. All their doing is hurting themselves (and even worse the retailers).
I too have cut way back on my webkinz - I try to get all the cat/feline ones. But I too will not hunt nor will I pay inflated prices on E-bay. Heads up, Ganz!
Angel Daisy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #113
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru
 
Angel Daisy's Avatar
Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
According to what I've heard from retailers, they've been told by Ganz that production schedules are set far in advance... In fact, 3 months in advance is fairly normal. So, this production run was scheduled on the low end with an expected decrease in demand during the second quarter of the FY. They've admitted it was a mistake and, with the advertising campaign to launch this summer, inventory levels should go back to the normal limit of 6 per style, except on the designated "limited" release each month (IE: Hippie Hippo).
I hope you are right! Otherwise I'm going to flip my avvie upside down in protest!
Angel Daisy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #114
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)
 
stephsmom98's Avatar
stephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the wait
stephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the waitstephsmom98 is worth the wait

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

Thanks so much Justin for the info
stephsmom98 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #115
Gift Guru
 
likmfurry's Avatar
likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

Well said to the above. GANZ's history of abusing vendors and deceit towards its customer market historically has been no secret. The real reason to limiting pets:

1. GANZ is a huge company that is headed by a heavily aggressive marketing team and a greedy CEO who bullies its client base.

2. Profit line on Webkinz has been dropping steadily. This is mostly due to overwhelming its own market and less-than-stellar customer experience/ relationships and website issues.

3. GANZ decides WW should be phased out so they can start their new line of merchandise, thinking that the WW kids have grown into TailTown and AmazingWorld teens.

4. When the WW community hears of this, they do not respond favourably. So GANZ begins subtly making WW less enjoyable, straying from their original vision of a child's learning experience to a mega-cash-grab because of the initial popularity of the site. It was stated in a press release that "Webkinz pulled the GANZ company out of near bankruptcy".

5. Even when GANZ had officially stated "we will never host third-party ads on our site" (anyone remember this?), the opposite happens. Ads everywhere. Users being lured into clicking on their login/logout buttons when in fact, a transparent ad superimposes it so it gets clicked on anyway (every clickthrough from WW gives GANZ a kickback in revenue). Then the games get harder to win anything. Gem hunt rarely gives the most expensive gems anymore. Trophies are harder to attain. Giveaways and Super Wheels are Curio Shop items. Kinzcash is worthless anymore because everything is now eStore only. The pattern continues.

This is GANZ way of chasing you out of the site by making it so unpleasant that you quit it on your own. Limiting pets is just part of the solution- as said above, many of you who were trying to collect every pet will just give up, as the pets will be so hard to get anymore you will not even bother. Suddenly the bottom line on GANZ' WW profit margin plummets, the CEO claims it is not worth keeping the site open any more and voila- Webkinz folds for good. And GANZ gets exactly what they wanted all along... hundreds of users will be wandering around with time on their hands... and will likely look into Tail Towns and Amazin'World....

Sorry for the rant but you all have to stop giving GANZ the benefit of the doubt anymore. Their best interests are NOT your best interests and never were. They are in this for one reason and one reason only... $$$$$....

And this policy has worked on my family- none of us ever spends more than 10 min per day on WW any more because it has become such an unpleasant endeavour. I think my kids are just trying to finally fill that Moonberry Jar and maybe a few Spree advances... then they promptly log out and play with their plush instead.

Last edited by likmfurry; 05-27-2011 at 05:10 PM..
likmfurry is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #116
Webkinz :)
 
Pandalover4ever's Avatar
Pandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacity
Pandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacity

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
I wonder why Ganz is doing this. I hope they give us a thorough explanation to why this is happening. I think we would all really appreciate that.
Slimy exclamation, they want more people to have estore pets. But, where's the fun of not having a plush to play with?? I don't like where this is going.......
Pandalover4ever is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #117
Webkinz :)
 
WebkinzBatRulz's Avatar
WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

is Webkinz being phased out?
Is this the end of Webkinz?

or are we worrying too much?
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #118
Guest
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzBatRulz
is Webkinz being phased out?
Is this the end of Webkinz?

or are we worrying too much?
I think maybe some are worrying too much. I'm not surprised that Ganz is cutting back on production if sales are down. Manufacturing real live product that sits on the shelves is costly and hurst the bottom line. Producing pixels on demand is much less painful.

While they're cutting back on physical product, they're releasing more and more stuff at the estore along with ramping up the Newz site which now has an almost constant stream of contests and give-away programs. They've also added new Webkinz features like SPREE, Hamster areas and have had several commercial promos as well. The logout carnival feature just launched.

I don't think they're going anywhere but they're pushing the market onto the internet and out of retail locations. They'll release some plushes to remain visible. This is just my conjecture of course.
VeronicaGee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #119
ebkinz Lover!
Webkinz :)
 
zebultux's Avatar
zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait
zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
Well said to the above. GANZ's history of abusing vendors and deceit towards its customer market historically has been no secret. The real reason to limiting pets:

1. GANZ is a huge company that is headed by a heavily aggressive marketing team and a greedy CEO who bullies its client base.

2. Profit line on Webkinz has been dropping steadily. This is mostly due to overwhelming its own market and less-than-stellar customer experience/ relationships and website issues.

3. GANZ decides WW should be phased out so they can start their new line of merchandise, thinking that the WW kids have grown into TailTown and AmazingWorld teens.

4. When the WW community hears of this, they do not respond favourably. So GANZ begins subtly making WW less enjoyable, straying from their original vision of a child's learning experience to a mega-cash-grab because of the initial popularity of the site. It was stated in a press release that "Webkinz pulled the GANZ company out of near bankruptcy".

5. Even when GANZ had officially stated "we will never host third-party ads on our site" (anyone remember this?), the opposite happens. Ads everywhere. Users being lured into clicking on their login/logout buttons when in fact, a transparent ad superimposes it so it gets clicked on anyway (every clickthrough from WW gives GANZ a kickback in revenue). Then the games get harder to win anything. Gem hunt rarely gives the most expensive gems anymore. Trophies are harder to attain. Giveaways and Super Wheels are Curio Shop items. Kinzcash is worthless anymore because everything is now eStore only. The pattern continues.

This is GANZ way of chasing you out of the site by making it so unpleasant that you quit it on your own. Limiting pets is just part of the solution- as said above, many of you who were trying to collect every pet will just give up, as the pets will be so hard to get anymore you will not even bother. Suddenly the bottom line on GANZ' WW profit margin plummets, the CEO claims it is not worth keeping the site open any more and voila- Webkinz folds for good. And GANZ gets exactly what they wanted all along... hundreds of users will be wandering around with time on their hands... and will likely look into Tail Towns and Amazin'World....

Sorry for the rant but you all have to stop giving GANZ the benefit of the doubt anymore. Their best interests are NOT your best interests and never were. They are in this for one reason and one reason only... $$$$$....

And this policy has worked on my family- none of us ever spends more than 10 min per day on WW any more because it has become such an unpleasant endeavour. I think my kids are just trying to finally fill that Moonberry Jar and maybe a few Spree advances... then they promptly log out and play with their plush instead.

Well said to the above. GANZ's history of abusing vendors and deceit towards its customer market historically has been no secret. The real reason to limiting pets:

1. GANZ is a huge company that is headed by a heavily aggressive marketing team and a greedy CEO who bullies its client base.

2. Profit line on Webkinz has been dropping steadily. This is mostly due to overwhelming its own market and less-than-stellar customer experience/ relationships and website issues.

3. GANZ decides WW should be phased out so they can start their new line of merchandise, thinking that the WW kids have grown into TailTown and AmazingWorld teens.

4. When the WW community hears of this, they do not respond favourably. So GANZ begins subtly making WW less enjoyable, straying from their original vision of a child's learning experience to a mega-cash-grab because of the initial popularity of the site. It was stated in a press release that "Webkinz pulled the GANZ company out of near bankruptcy".

5. Even when GANZ had officially stated "we will never host third-party ads on our site" (anyone remember this?), the opposite happens. Ads everywhere. Users being lured into clicking on their login/logout buttons when in fact, a transparent ad superimposes it so it gets clicked on anyway (every clickthrough from WW gives GANZ a kickback in revenue). Then the games get harder to win anything. Gem hunt rarely gives the most expensive gems anymore. Trophies are harder to attain. Giveaways and Super Wheels are Curio Shop items. Kinzcash is worthless anymore because everything is now eStore only. The pattern continues.

This is GANZ way of chasing you out of the site by making it so unpleasant that you quit it on your own. Limiting pets is just part of the solution- as said above, many of you who were trying to collect every pet will just give up, as the pets will be so hard to get anymore you will not even bother. Suddenly the bottom line on GANZ' WW profit margin plummets, the CEO claims it is not worth keeping the site open any more and voila- Webkinz folds for good. And GANZ gets exactly what they wanted all along... hundreds of users will be wandering around with time on their hands... and will likely look into Tail Towns and Amazin'World....

Sorry for the rant but you all have to stop giving GANZ the benefit of the doubt anymore. Their best interests are NOT your best interests and never were. They are in this for one reason and one reason only... $$$$$....

And this policy has worked on my family- none of us ever spends more than 10 min per day on WW any more because it has become such an unpleasant endeavour. I think my kids are just trying to finally fill that Moonberry Jar and maybe a few Spree advances... then they promptly log out and play with their plush instead.
I think your theory is right but I hope not
zebultux is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #120
Gifted
 
poobears's Avatar
poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

Default Re: Ganz Drastically Reduces Retailer Plush Stock for July Webkinz

I think people are freaking out for nothing. If Ganz wanted to run you off would they keep giving away such awesome prizes? We get more free items now then we ever have, cool clothes, furniture, money etc. Doesn't sound like they wanting us to leave to me. What it looks like to me is a company that is going through some financial changes and they either have to change their marketing plan or go under. Happens to all business, they have change and adapt. Of course those changes aren't going to make everyone happy but yes they are a corporation and your individual feelings are not their priority, profit is, just like other companies. Without profit there is no company, doesn't make them greedy or evil, it makes them smart (business smart).

Instead of focusing on everything negative why not focus on the positive, the give aways, the fun new games etc.
poobears is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
you are beautiful!

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts