Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #351
Webkinz :)

Ballet Dancer has a spectacular aura about

Default Goodbye and Farwell

Signature pets a kind of costly but really cute!
Ballet Dancer is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #352
Happy to be
Gifted

GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further *UPDATED*

Hmmmm.... well, I'm very glad they are keeping PotM. It wouldn't really make sense to get rid of that, imo. It is a way to get people excited about a pet who is not a new release. And you can even get virtual only versions, which is convenient for both buyer and Ganz.

I have gotten frustrated over the past year that as a collector, I couldn't keep up with all of the releases. I decided for a while that I would only buy the signature pets each month and every now and then get a pet I really liked (or whose item I really liked). The sigs were prettier animals and came with more stuff. They appealed more to my son, who is on the edge to aging out of Webkinz. So, I'm glad there will still be 1 each month. And my wallet will be happier that there are fewer. (tho at 40% off at Justice, they were only $18 each... not so bad)

We've let our Webkinz Jr. account lapse. I have a Jr. with a tag on it and need to go ahead and log it on and revive that account for my little guy to try while it lasts. He's not quite ready for Jr. even. But being ready for Jr. is not that far from being ready to enjoy Webkinz regular. I just hope they don't take away from Webkinz by targeting it too young for me to enjoy. I have a lot invested in it ($ and emotional). I really have no interest in trying the other sites (the tail thing, or whatever).

I imagine that part of this relates to Webkinz's shifting popularity. They are not the newest craze/fad anymore and haven't been for a while. I'd imagine the retailers don't have room to give them shelf space for 8-10 new releases each month, plus unsold older stock. In fact, I found out today that my local Hallmarks are stopping carrying Webkinz altogether. The owner (a friend) told me that they are just not selling well enough anymore. I got a few plushies BOGO, so that's nice, but overall sad.

I've also noticed that NONE of my local retailers have gotten in the March releases. I wonder what is up with that? Justice and Books a Million usually have em by the 3rd of the month at the latest...

Anyway, since I've been going kind of crazy buying Webbies lately, I'm glad overall that Ganz is cutting back monthly releases. I hope they continue to find ways to keep Webkinz vital and successful for years to come.

Now to go edit my GE to hold my End. and small sigs til we figure out the impact this will have in trading...
GlynnisI is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #353

Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!

That's not bad at all. I'm glad they're keeping the potm. The decision on the other stuff doesn't really effect us since we don't buy alot of stuff anymore. Each of my girls bought a webkinz jr when they came out but never played with them. One logged hers in and the other never did but I don't know where she put the tag. I see it every few months and put it up but don't remember where until I accidently run across it, lol. I'm guessing that if they are going to maintain webkinz jr that the code will still be able to be logged in as long as the sight is still up, even if it's a year from now?
Doggyfan is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #354
cookiekittin

cookiekittin is on a distinguished road

AWE! i rally like those pets! just one a month is fine! even one a year! please!
cookiekittin is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #355
WWJD <3

horselover408 has a reputation beyond reputehorselover408 has a reputation beyond reputehorselover408 has a reputation beyond reputehorselover408 has a reputation beyond reputehorselover408 has a reputation beyond reputehorselover408 has a reputation beyond repute

Talking Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further *UPDATED*

GANZ NEEDS TO MAKE MORE LIL'KINZ!!!!!!!!

horselover408 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:34 AM   #356
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Zameron
For the record, this information came from 3 seporate GANZ REPS. They said POTM was leaving and being replaced with something else (Which they also told me about). Just because it's not happening Today doesn't mean it wont later this year. This is why WI published it, why would Ganz Lie to there reps? These are the people that sell their products. As for the JR, they miss understood but there where still kinda correct. No more product is planned for JR. The information was 100% correct on the Signature. They also Gave me Information on Series 2 Tail Towns and Amazing World Product but I have decided not to release any information. In all the time I have been working with WI and passing on information it has been 99% accurate, that's why WI published it.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a attack on any or intended to be. I just wanted to say why the information was published. It did come from Ganz Sources

ROBERT I BELIEVE YOU ........ much too often we get no information from ganz, misinformation from ganz, or once they see how another bonehead move by them is flying with us then they change the information. and they never said potm wasnt going away, read it again it says 'currently'--------which is notorious corporate-speak to not deny or confirm anything, politicians use it all the time. ROBERT YOU HAVE ALWAYS TREATED ME FAIRLY AND HONESTLY.......... so i believe you. also i emailed you about this months signatuire endangered being offered and you were honest and said it was not being offered and they were going to be cutting back and it apparently was starting sooner then you were told. so, in my book it was ganz who was dishonest with you and all retailers ............. you didnt reveal anything until i asked you................and then you didnt reveal any thing else you knew. YOU WERE PUT IN A TERRIBLE POSITION. and that is typical of this cd and ganz in general. many retailers are not getting webbies mostly because of ganz' rules and attitude. you did nothing wrong, nor did wi for putting this information on the front page. this is on ganz, specifically on the cd. they have never communicated directly with us and to us---------------- and they wont. justin should not have to seek so much 'inside' information when he knows the cd, yet the cd makes him seek answers elsewhere, in fact all of us get info wherever we can. even when he does talk to justin he is so evasive and haughty(my opinion)........ we invest soooooooooooooo much and give them our money yet these things happen over and over. for what its worth i belive what robert said was all true but the cd suit trolled wi and changed his mind AGAIN and let robert fall under the bus. and he thinks we are dumb enough to fall for it AGAIN. this man does what he wants how he wants when he wants. he acts like his job holds the secrets to world peace and only he is entrusted with them. so no one is told a thing, even the poor phone cs reps we talk to. he is keeping ww a dysfunctional virtual world............which could be so much more wonderful that there would be no need for two other sites because not many kids or adults would be leaving ww.

and you know what, maybe just maybe this was a stunt so more sales of the potm would happen............. i put nothing past them. they are learning from hollywood that any publicity is good publicity. some of us dont agree with that.

while im glad they are cutting back on the total number of pets each month cuz i get one of each, i dont like HOW they did it by not asking us and by dictating that the sig end wallpapers were mistakes...............they never did a survey about that either . id love all sigs to stay on an alternating basis......i love them but they needed to give the items as the potm were in that you get one of each item before you get repeats, after all we pay for them that would be fair and i think they would have sold better but they were greedy, ............thats what makes sense to me. they start and then stop things so much or change the programming once i invest in the product that i dont trust any new thing anymore. THEY are doing this, they chose to get money fast and make more pets then they knew could be handled in this economy. they are not dumb..............

this is not robert/aberiwade---------this is ALL ganz.

the cd gets things in his mind and thats law. 'well who died and made you king of anything?'

there i feel better...............
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 AM   #357
Unregistered

I hate to hear that they are canceling the small signature pets!! I have not missed any and love them all. Maybe now they will come out with a pound puppy collection with a dollar of your purchase prize goes to ASPCA.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #358

WebkinzKitten21 will become famous soon enough

I hope that their plans to not end the Caring Valley stays that way. The Caring Valley is really important and I would be VERY surprised if they ended it.
WebkinzKitten21 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #359

abbjs has a reputation beyond reputeabbjs has a reputation beyond reputeabbjs has a reputation beyond reputeabbjs has a reputation beyond reputeabbjs has a reputation beyond repute

I think they could solve lots of problems by lowering prices, and supplying more stock to the distributors.....they would make lots more money. AND they should add the lil' kinz line back, they are sooo cute.
abbjs is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #360
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT

...... so no one is told a thing, even the poor phone cs reps we talk to. he is keeping ww a dysfunctional virtual world............which could be so much more wonderful that there would be no need for two other sites because not many kids or adults would be leaving ww.
BASMAT, you make a lot of good points. I wanted to point out the one I have in the quote above. (I also like your point about the endangered wallpaper and exclusives.)

Why can't WW change? Why can't the rules change that were set up in the beginning? Why discontinue one of the nicest lines (both plush and virtual) just because they weren't part of the WW "10 commandments"? (I am talking about the endangered signature pets.) Why are some things set in stone?

They are now hiring cheaper programmers for WW (which is very noticeable because they have added games to Webkinz Newz instead of WW. There is less overhead with the programming (and no trophies).) There are more events on WKN now than WW. I have ads disabled on Firefox, so if they are trying to get me over to WKN for the ads, that isn't working for them!

If they are losing revenue for WW, they should look at "WHY?". They should not take our WW $$ and invest in new sites until they get WW glitch free!! Why are they even opening new sites? Like you said, BASMAT, [about the "dysfunctional" WW] "
which could be so much more wonderful that there would be no need for two other sites because not many kids or adults would be leaving ww. "..... If only they would fix everything that is broken.... I have been waiting for them to fix Goober's Lab in WW (too much flashing for me--it triggers my migraines). They broke it around the time they added it to the iPhone. Now it works on the iPhone, it works perfectly on WKN, but it is still BROKEN in WW!!!!! I want to win a trophy for this game and you can't do that on the iPhone or on the WKN site!!

Ganz, please fix WW and bring back endangered plush!!

All of this is just my opinion. I liked they way WW was going with the more realistic virtual items given with the endangered signature line. Now, the Creative Director says this was a "mistake" (the walls/floors) and then the line was canceled. I don't hold out much hope for my future enjoyment in WW and I won't be "switching" to another website run by Ganz!

SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
000000005 was here!, crafter4christ, don't do it ganz!, ducki, ganz are weirdies, ganz ist zehr schlecht, good bye!, james is mangarine, kevinelevin was here!, no ganz no!!!, no more small signatures, no more webkinz jr pets, stargazer1 was here, t.r., terrible choice ganz!, thanks for keeping potm, way to go ganz, what is left?, ••••••••shatner•

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: