Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #291
¡¡¡¡slooɟ lıɹdɐ
Webkinz :)

wiiboy829 is cool as a bunny clownwiiboy829 is cool as a bunny clownwiiboy829 is cool as a bunny clownwiiboy829 is cool as a bunny clownwiiboy829 is cool as a bunny clownwiiboy829 is cool as a bunny clownwiiboy829 is cool as a bunny clownwiiboy829 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further *UPDATED*

Oh good! The POTM is still on. I don't really mind the Signature small and endangered are gone. I agree that it was too much.
wiiboy829 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #292

Star Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
We've heard an official statement from Ganz. Ganz is ending the Small Signature and Signature Endangered Webkinz, as previously reported -- they felt that 3 signatures per month was just too many. There are currently no plans to end the POTM or Caring Valley programs. Finally, Webkinz Jr. will continue to be supported by Ganz, though no new pets are being produced at this time.

This is truly excellent news to hear!!! So glad that Ganz will keep the POTM! This makes me very happy. Thank you, Ganz!

Star Child
Star Child is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #293
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

Very glad about POTM! I'm still sorry to see the Small Siggies go though. They were affordable and the larger ones don't seem worth the price (jmo).

View Post Originally Posted by Denimbutterfly
Next time, I feel that when news is this big it should be CONFIRMED through GANZ before posting or put in the RUMOR MILL which is what that section is for.
I agree to certain extent but when a major distributor "hears" something or sees a trend (items missing from upcoming inventory order sheets for example), there's usually more than a grain of truth to it. It could have been on the table (maybe still is) or they put the word out to see what kind of reaction they get.

I'm glad we're warned ahead of time about the Signature line. I may pick up an Endangered pet since they are soon to be "extinct."

Last edited by VeronicaGee; 03-08-2011 at 09:58 AM..
VeronicaGee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #294

Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest
Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by VeronicaGee
Very glad about POTM! I'm still sorry to see the Small Siggies go though. They were affordable and the larger ones don't seem worth the price (jmo).

I agree to certain extent but when a major distributor "hears" something or sees a trend (items missing from upcoming inventory order sheets for example), there's usually more than a grain of truth to it. It could have been on the table (maybe still is) or they put the word out to see what kind of reaction they get.

I'm glad we're warned ahead of time about the Signature line. I may pick up an Endangered pet since they are soon to be "extinct."

I never said it didn't have more than a grain of truth. In fact, the rumor mill often has info that has more than a grain of truth in it. But that doesn't change the fact that it was not information direct from Ganz.
Denimbutterfly is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #295
Too-Wit Too-Woo
Gift Guru

jazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talent

I'm so relieved! It's overwhelming having so many new pets released in one month, and one only has so much of a budget to spend on toys a month!
As long as the same standards of maintaining the regular Webkinz website are maintained, then I'm happy.
jazzinmarch is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #296

Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest
Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by jazzinmarch
I'm so relieved! It's overwhelming having so many new pets released in one month, and one only has so much of a budget to spend on toys a month!
As long as the same standards of maintaining the regular Webkinz website are maintained, then I'm happy.
I couldn't agree with you more! And now, back to playing with my wonderful webbies
Old 03-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #297
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Denimbutterfly
I never said it didn't have more than a grain of truth. In fact, the rumor mill often has info that has more than a grain of truth in it. But that doesn't change the fact that it was not information direct from Ganz.
I didn't intend to upset or offend you. I just have a slightly different view of it. I don't read the rumor mill because that stuff comes from anyone and something like this could go unnoticed as it would have for me. I'm glad I can get a heads up whether it's official or not; I trust the source on the posting. I'm grateful for the news and updates on the front page as they are. Hope you have a good day!
VeronicaGee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #298
uv Deluxies
Gifted

lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness
lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness

WI's front page is always confirmed...and accurate...ganz probably saw this and let them know that they changed their mind on the POTM

now I am sure retailers will be happier with less items to bring in and sell...
lemony is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #299

View Post Originally Posted by VeronicaGee
I didn't intend to upset or offend you. I just have a slightly different view of it. I don't read the rumor mill because that stuff comes from anyone and something like this could go unnoticed as it would have for me. I'm glad I can get a heads up whether it's official or not; I trust the source on the posting. I'm grateful for the news and updates on the front page as they are. Hope you have a good day!
No worries, you didn't upset or offend You have a good day as well.

View Post Originally Posted by lemony
WI's front page is always confirmed...and accurate...ganz probably saw this and let them know that they changed their mind on the POTM

now I am sure retailers will be happier with less items to bring in and sell...
See, statements like this are why I said this should have been in the rumor mill. Because it WAS NOT confirmed by Ganz. It was info from a third source and although Robert @ameriwade is a trusted source of information, it didn't get confirmed with Ganz and even the wording was misleading. I don't think Ganz would vamp up the POTM advertising only to drop it in 2 months. AND the CREATIVE DIRECTOR himself said their would be new POTM prizes. Why would he say that if they were discontinuing POTM?

Last edited by Denimbutterfly; 03-08-2011 at 10:30 AM..
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #300
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

I'm happy for those that were rallying for POTM to stay. Still sad to see the small sigs are gone. The big ones are too much money for a toy, the small were perfect.

I wonder how long Ganz will keep WK jr going since it won't have any money coming in from new pets. Seems like after a while when the excess stock of pets is sold down, that it would just become a money pit and they'd close it to cut losses eventually. Or I guess it would make a tax loss write off but I don't see that lasting long either.
poobears is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
000000005 was here!, crafter4christ, don't do it ganz!, ducki, ganz are weirdies, ganz ist zehr schlecht, good bye!, james is mangarine, kevinelevin was here!, no ganz no!!!, no more small signatures, no more webkinz jr pets, stargazer1 was here, t.r., terrible choice ganz!, thanks for keeping potm, way to go ganz, what is left?, ••••••••shatner•

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: