Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #231
Webkinz :)

PlatypusInPlaid is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Ganz Changing Monthly Webkinz Plush Line-Up Further

I'm kind of disappointed about getting rid of POTMs. But I'm actually kind of glad that they're downsizing to about 5 new webkinz a month. When there were 8 a month, it got really hard to keep track of... it just seems like there's WAY too many. I really liked it when there was only one or two pets a month-- that way it was so much more exciting when a new one appeared!
PlatypusInPlaid is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #232
MorganasMom

kristaw5 is a forum hero
kristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum herokristaw5 is a forum hero

Losing POTM is just too disappointing. Since joining WW a year ago, I have bought every POTM if a family member didnt already own that pet (pig, skunk, pink googles, persian cat, pink poodle, polar bear--someone already had the others). I thought it was a great way to re-new the popularity of an old pet. We also bought many of the POTM items in the eStore. And the music starz videos were our absolute favorites. We had so many fun family sing alongs. Imagine Grandpa singing and making up his own words to piggy plum pie. This is really a huge blow. It was such a great program. We put money into it and were rewarded with lots of family fun.
I can understand a large company cutting their loses in Webkinz Jr (my daughter received these pets as gifts but even as a pre-schooler thought Jr too babyish), Endangered signatures, and small signatures but POTM? What loss is there?
I just hope this is not all to focus more on Tail Town. The thought of collecting little rodent figures is just disgusting to me. Sorry I hate mice and rats.
kristaw5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #233

Star Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonder

To be honest, I'm not surprised that Ganz is doing this. They are apparently ready to move on to "bigger and better" things, and have decided that those of us who love and enjoy playing Webkinz, really do not matter anymore. I understand cutting back on the number of pets released each month. I always thought it was rather silly to release so many pets during one month! It should be five or less, preferably less than five. That way people can get all the pets that month, without it costing sooooooo much! The Signature pets and Endangered Species pets are certainly adorable, but way out of the price range for many of us here. I LOVE the POM! I have only had two POM, but really enjoyed the "special" gifts and games, my pet was able to play. Now there is nothing....nothing special to look forward too. No reason to buy another pet for a very long time. Why bother? Ganz keeps taking away things that we love and enjoy, in the name of "improvement". Who do they think they are kidding?

I see two things happening here for me: One, I will not be buying the "adult" Tail Town or the "teens" Amazing World. I'm not giving Ganz another dime here! Secondly, I see myself, probably in the near future, telling Webkinz World "good-bye". Why stay where you are not wanted, nor is your money, loyalty, and patronage, wanted anymore. I don't know for sure if that second thing will happen just yet, but you can rest assured, I won't be buying Tail Town or Amazing World.

Maybe change is good. Maybe it's time to stop spending my hard earned money on plush pets or trading cards. Maybe it's time to move on. It seems that for every one good thing Ganz does on WebKinz World, they turn around and kick us in the teeth. Can you now say that Ganz honestly cares about the people who support them? It's all about the money...and more money...and more money!

Even though I am not a Deluxe Member and can't buy at the eStore, I can't help but wonder how long it will be before Ganz starts making changes there? Will they close it down? Will they up the price of membership? Will they make WebKinz World a Deluxe Member game only? Maybe. Maybe not. The way Ganz is "changing" things right now, it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Thanks for letting me vent here. I hope beyond all hope, that my suppositions are wrong here. I hope that Ganz will rethink what they are about to do and change their minds. I hope that Ganz really cares about us. That they think of us as just more than "cash machines". But some how, I think Ganz has just knocked WebKinz World down to the basement. Soon to be forgotten.

This, in my opinion, is the dumbest thing that Ganz has ever done!

A VERY Sad.....Star Child
Star Child is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #234

hugged has disabled reputation

gee i hope Webkinz World itself doesn't end just to make room for that dumb Tails Town thing.
hugged is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #235

webkinzyorkie11 is an unknown quantity at this point

the small sigs were best! i'll have to stock up on wats allready been made!
webkinzyorkie11 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #236

ginny19 defies all odds
ginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all odds

POTM does cost money to make. Man labor- SOMEONE has to code the events, goodies, draw the eStore items, draw each frame for the music videos, then color it, then shade it, then animate it- And they have to write, compose, record, perform the songs... POTM is a LOT of work!!!

And no- They haven't always had POTM. It's a relatively new thing.

Someone said that they're getting back to basics- THAT'S GOOD!! They've been needing to do it for a LONG time.
ginny19 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #237
it's Olive ♥

Catlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owl
Catlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owl

Awww!
Although I was only able to buy 1 endangered, I was still enjoying their beauty and real features! Especially all the cats they made!! I was planning on getting the Cougar. Guess I should order it now before they raise the price to $50 on eBay since they'll be more 'rare'.

And I LOVED the small signature type, again because they made a bunch of cats! and now the German shepherd!! They were only a dollar more than regular webkinz, so they were perfect price!! I loved them sooooo much! and they made my dream webbie, Tuxedo cat!

With POTM, I never adopted a pet during that month. But it was still nice for others who would've been wanting that pet, and for the store to have a big box FULL of them!

I'm a little excited for this new Amazin' World. Not so much for TailTowns, just doesn't appear to me very much. Maybe Amazin World will be people characters? I just hope that these new sites don't COMPLETELY overrun Webkinz sales, which I don't believe they will.
Catlover200710 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #238

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

No! This is terrible!

I dont have all the POTM items i want!

and now i wont be able to get them!

and no more small signs?
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #239
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

Me either and that stinks on the POTM items.
lazygal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #240

jessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm completely awestruck, ganz cannot just quit everything that they've grown :S
jessie_1721 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
000000005 was here!, crafter4christ, don't do it ganz!, ducki, ganz are weirdies, ganz ist zehr schlecht, good bye!, james is mangarine, kevinelevin was here!, no ganz no!!!, no more small signatures, no more webkinz jr pets, stargazer1 was here, t.r., terrible choice ganz!, thanks for keeping potm, way to go ganz, what is left?, ••••••••shatner•

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: